Fire kitty unlock ><

i really hope what i heard was wrong , that the fire cat form will be unlocked to all druids in shaodowlands barber. it took a lot of time and effort to get that and i know many other druids who spent a lot more time on it. to unlock it for free would be a slap in our faces.

now if you want to make a fire cat variation that’s fine but that hard to get look should stay hard to get.

other wise i would love to get the headless horseman’s mount that i have never had drop over all these years of trying.

6 Likes

It was a .1% drop rate. That is unreasonably low. And yes, I did get it.

I have not read anything suggesting that they will make it available to all. What I did read suggested that if you earned it, it would be available through the barbershop.

Got a link? I’m drinking now.

2 Likes

i’m aware of the drop rate, that can be said for many mounts and transmog items in the game. and i heard this might happen in trade chat, but that does not change the fact i can voice my concerns like anyone else.

i did say to make a variation of it for every one, but to keep the hard to get one as is. otherwise why have color variation in heroic to mythic raids? its to show you did it , spent the time, the effort to get that piece of gear/achievement. would you really want that thrown away ?

There’s no need to go immediately to SJW Victimtown. Unless there was a super fast edit that only you saw, the reply did not attack your ability to voice a concern. An unnecessary addition to an otherwise acceptable post. If this edit did occur, then I am in the wrong and apologize for this unfavorable assertion. I also apologize if I misread your tone.

That said, I feel that the form should only be barbershop-accessible if you already unlocked it. Many people spend many resets killing Staghelm, and those of us that were lucky enough to have our time investment rewarded would feel justifiably cheated by making the form accessible to everyone. I’d also be ok with an equally challenging method of unlocking the form being introduced.

8 Likes

I’m imagining the only alternate forms you will be able to choose will be the ones you have unlocked. I hope they add more unlockable bear and cat forms to some old raids and zones:

AQ: Quiraji forms
Hyjal: Fire bear
Naxx: Plague bear
Sunwell Plateau: Suncat/bear
Throne of Thunder: Quillen cat form
Blackrock Foundry: Blackrock bear

3 Likes

I think you heard wrong.

I took it to mean that you would have it IF you previously unlocked it.

Sorry, but provide a link. Otherwise you’re confused about what information you’ve heard already.

i wasnt goin for the SJW stance , by asking for the link that i did not have because of it being trade chat chatter i felt it was wise to express that this was just a concern of mine, and like many others have done in the past. like
the idea someone had that druids could be able to acquire forms like how a hunter get pets.but that was someone else’s idea not mine.

also when i tried to get info on this all i was able to get back was how to get the seed pouch instead. so thats also why i came here to get confirmation or correction.

2 Likes

Why are you all assuming that the skin will be tied to the seed pouch, and not the staff that originally granted the form?

The legion forms were tied to the artifact weapons, just as fire kitty was tied to the staff. It Makes perfect sense that they would treat them the same.

The staff is easily acquired. Just as it was back in cata. Fire kitty was not some form granted only to those privileged enough to get the pouch. Everyone had it. It’s not special, nor should it be treated as such.

The pouch, as well as the seeds laying on the ground (that every Druid can pick up) was added after the fact, as a way to keep the beloved form without having to equip the weapon. With the barber shop changes, the pouch becomes redundant.

7 Likes

Understood. I apologize for my misconception and appreciate your non-volatile response.

This would have been something to include in your prior post so your reasoning was more readily understood.

1 Like

nah its my bad i normally dont make post due to i have trouble … “speaking” , i tend to leave things out and confuse people. sorry about that

3 Likes

The pouch was added to retain the effect of the staff that every druid and their mother already had.

Everyone “earned” this by just going into FL once. Stop with the victim mentality and the elitism.

4 Likes

Eh, and some people get it after 1 kill. What’s your point?

2 Likes

Any1 can go into firelands and pick up some seeds and become a firecat. It’s not special. I think adding it to the barbershop is a wonderful idea. I still wont use it unless they add the fire effect to the modern cat form. The animations on the old ones are quite…lacking.

3 Likes

sorry did not know how to do quote till now.

anyway. when people work hard they do so to earn a pay raise, when they study hard they do so to earn a good grade. i for one do not like the idea that peoples effort should be overlooked.

it is not elitist to be proud of what anyone achieves , but it is elitist to do nothing and yet think you should have it.

btw i had to try to get it for almost a year, unless they changed it the drop rate is crazy low .1% so you would be supper lucky to get it on the first go.

1 Like

I don’t have any of the mage tower skins for Druid, and while I think the Bear one is especially cool, I don’t want it made available for me. People who made the effort to obtain it when it was available deserve to have something I don’t have.

Point being that the prestige (or luck) of acquiring this special form should be respected and it shouldn’t necessarily be made more easily available to the general public. Same as any specific random mount drop or really rare xmog.

Youve been killing Staghelm for a year now and he hasnt dropped the staff once?
You haven’t looked down at your feet and picked up a seed?
Thats all that’s required to turn into a Fire cat.

The seed pouch is irrelevant to this discussion.

5 Likes

There isnt any luck in acquiring fire kitty form.
There are 3 ways to get it:
Staff - works in combat while equipped
Seeds - picked up off the ground with ease
Seed pouch - toy

The “general public” can obtain this form walking into firelands once!

The seed pouch will still have value even after the barber shop changes are made. With it you can still have quick access to this form even after choosing a legion form. 2 for 1. As convenient as that may be, it’s not required to be a fire cat.

2 Likes

the fire cat was just an example. that’s why i thought it needed to be in the druid page but anyhow my point was lost . i just didn’t want the effort players have put into the game to be thrown away , regardless of fire cat , mount, achiv , etc…

staff has to be equipped = cant raid or M+ with it
seeds stack to 5 if you go back for heroic= at max 10 hours a week (unless changed)
seed pouch = anytime, any weapon, anywhere you can be fire cat

So?

You’ve still acquired the form and will see it in the barbershop come shadowlands.

So what…
Nobody cares what you use them for.

You’ve still acquired the form and will see it in the barbershop come shadowlands

Yes… it’s quite convenient.

It’s existence is irrelevant to this conversation though.

What effort?

The 1 swipe it took to kill domo?

Please…

It takes more effort to fly over to firelands than it does to clear.

3 Likes