Finished Warlock Spec Requirements

Now that we are at the tail end class redesign for Dragon Flight, and no major changes will happen I would like to detail below small changes to completed the spec trees that we have.

Class Tree:

Dimentional Rift On The Class Tree

There isn’t any reason this can’t go into the class tree, it truely is an icon Warlock spell. The only spec that is tight on rotation in affliction but as a 45 sec CD I think we will be fine. I would put this in place of Grim Feast as a capstone on the bottom left (10-1).

We aleady have Desperate pact and Accured Vitality that boost Drain Life’s performance, I don’t believe we need 5 talent points and 3 spec slots just for Drain Life. As we will still be pouring 4 talent points into Drain Life, what we are missing out for in Grim Feast could in included into the other to talents relating to Drain Life

Grand Warlock’s Design (Wilfreds) On The Class Tree

The final talent that should be in the class tree. No explanation really needed as it’s in all Warlock spec trees. I would put this in place of Soulburn on the bottom right as a capstone (10-3). Soulburn, I would move up the tree to the middle of the third row (3-2) in place of Abyss Walker. 4% damage reduction after using your Demonic Circle is a absolute nothing talent point and moving Soulburn there make it much more appealing to take than at capstone.

Affliction:

Soulswap Apply Siphon Life

If you are speced into Siphon Life, then Soulswap needs to apply this dot. Otherwise you are still using 3 globals to apply your dots with Siphon Life, and are losing a shard for nothing, if not remove the shard cost.

Agonizing Corruption Stacks Per Hit

The increase of stacks to Agony by Seed Of Coruption should be by the amount of targets Seeds hit. If it hits 5 targets and Agony was at 2 stacks and you have 3 Seeds going out then it should jump to max stacks. We want to be spending shards on Malific Rapture not spending 3-4 shards on Seeds to boost Agony stacks.

Vile Taint 20 Sec CD

With Agony being a 18 sec dot and Vile Taint on a 30 sec CD we will be back re-ramp up by multi dotting should the pack last longer then than 20 secs, and should the pack die really quick then it won’t be ready for the next pack and back to multi dotting.

Demonolgy:

Implosion/Demonic Meteor Swap

I believe these 2 talents are on the wrong side of the tree respective of the talent set up being left side single target and right side aoe. So Implosion to 6-5, and Demonic Meteor to 4-1. Easy fix and the tree is better structured.

Nether Portal Summon Demons Per Shard Spent

We all knew this one was going to be on the list, I’m not really sure why Blizz are sticking to their guns on this one. For spec synergy and fluidity please please please this needs to change. 3 shards spent on Hand Of Guldan then 3 demons pop out. To be honest even 2 demons per Hand of Guldan would be better than as it is right now.

Destruction:

Shadowburn Remove The CD

Shadowburn has been a nothing talent for a long time now, to be honest since the Legion 7.1 shard regen change. The reason being is Shadowburn has a shard cost and a cooldown, could you imagine Chaos bolt with a 2 shard cost and a 10 second CD even with the spell stacking 2 times? This is the condition that Shadowburn has lived under.

As this is meant to be Destroy’s execute spell that has a resource attached, having a CD too breaks it. Shadowburn can and would be a very useful spell in M+. If you have 3+ targets low on health and a Chaos bolt will take too long you can pump 2 Shadowburns into the target, it dies within the shard return window, you get 2 shards back rinse and repeat at no shard cost if you get it right. And if you play well you can havoc it onto other higher health targets. It was also a enjoyable way to play Destro when mobs are about to die, this is how it was in the begining of Legion and gave Destro some substance to execute rather then just casting Incinerate to build shards for the next pack.

This wraps it up for me. I honestly believe if the above changes go ahead then the Warlock tree is as good as it’s going to get without a full class redesign. In total 2 class changes, 3 small Affliction changes, 2 Demonolgy and 1 Destro change really isn’t that much to complete a class and have it at what I believe will be the best it can be.

1 Like

I don’t think dimentional rift is an iconic warlock spell considering it was only ever attached to destro thou the artifact weapon in legion. I do think that we should get on the class tree wilfreds/ warlocks grand design and we should also get Demonic servitude for the cd demons and doomguard, I also think demo should get a better verison of doom since it’s pretty meh. Black harvest could also use a bit more to make it a bit better, maybe a buff to the pet’s dps or something idk on black harvest. Destro should get flash over and also swap the following talents Scalding flames with flashpoint and swap grim of Sac with Demoinc embers since that side of the tree has the incerate building talents anyways.