Finally went 6/6

Thanks it was tough getting a group of true dad gamers across this finish line man.

Oh no, they go together and they go together well.

Look outside. Is it a beautiful sunny day? I promise you someone hates it. Just ignore them.

3 edits and a delete.

You ok bro?

I prefer the cold.

Oh man the bad timing of your post:

I tried to quote you twice but it didn’t work. Either way I think it’s wild people are chill with this. Raid is a 100% heal check tho so I can carry it now. SoD is literally marketed towards the gray green and blue parsing dads of 40 man drunk raiding

idk, I feel it’s too easy. My guild is a normal dad guild, but we do sub 60 min runs, last boss is around 3+ mins.

I mean that fight can be solo healed.

Its just about doing the mechanics and getting ranged to close vents and focus bombs then boss.

Yea I had a proper co heal tonight made it pretty easy after doing a couple dry pulls so folks could see the fight.

Really though, this boss 100% feels more in line with retail prog than Classic prog.

Which I think is only going to lead to more people quitting cus the PvP balance is already bad and now the PvP gear is gonna be likely completely inaccessible to most pugs

stop the cap on that 3 min KT

1 Like

The final boss from gnomer is unbearably easy.

Phase 1 = kite and kill bombs
Phase 2 = pop A Fap to ignore mechanics(Again) and kill bombs
Phase 3 = interupt and kill bombs
Last phase = Kite again and kill bombs

What about this is difficult exactly?

Gnomer is a better Raid than BFD easily…but not because it’s difficult.

I mean the boss has like 0 mechanics.

DOnt stand in front if melee.

Shut off open vents if ranged and its on your side and kill bombs that spawn from the vents.

Retail bosses depending on setting have 4+ mechanics each, mythic bosses have even more.

The last fight needs to be 2 minutes shorter. Otherwise, I’m fine with it. Congratulations!

1 Like

The more I read these forums the more I learn that every SoD player is in their mid 50s inept gamers with a serious alcohol problem.

yikes.

The most difficult part of the fight is making sure your healers don’t have to press buttons so your tank can breeze through P2.

That’s true, but also a very black and white perspective.
A lot of retail raids have been very forgiving, and often allow for over gearing to compensate for performance. (At least outside of mythic)

Crowd Pummeller for example is a very easy fight, but it is also extremely unforgiving.
In my opinion it would be significantly easier for a group to wipe on Crowd Pummeller than it would on most LFR raids in retail, despite the reduced complexity of mechanics.

The same could be said for many fights especially in Gnomer. Electrocutioner, Thermaplugg, Grubbis, Crowd Pummeller, and to a lesser degree menagerie all fit that bill.

Lower complexity, higher severity.

1 Like

The responsibility for each player is far lower than that of a retail raid tho.

Retail raiding is amazing and has been for all of Dragonflight. I’ll say it again. DF is the best expansion nobody ever played.

Kek.

1 Like