Finally hands on Dragon Riding

OMFG I HATE THIS DRAGON RIDING :weary:. It makes flying engaging and that’s the last thing I want. I want to be able to fly with one hand. I want to be able to stop mid air as I go to google something…I don’t care I’m so fast I can cross the islands in .5 seconds…I want flying to be mindless :sob:

3 Likes

might be better for you…and thats fine…but …some of us…would rather just do our thing
I personally, will not even mess with it…dont even care if I cant finish the story any more…i will get as far as I can, and go back to old content

2 Likes

Personally I love it.

1 Like

After a decade of just flying where you wanna go… this new feature sucks getting used to.

4 Likes

It’s truly impressive how someone having a different opinion is so upsetting to you. It’s a concept kindergarten kids can understand, but still a struggle for people here who should be at least teens…

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the consensus of white knights towards people with disabilities is “Accessibility for disabled is not needed, stop playing”

Even had one of them say that to me in another thread

2 Likes

You should file it under “community contract violations”

1 Like

yeah made me sick tonight as well. heard of someone else going into seizures doing the race rings or whatever.

2 Likes

It will take time for people to realize this reality. Give it a few months.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

you get your talent tree maxed?
Its supposed to feel like you and your mount are LEARNING to ride together.
Its a really cool way of doing it if you just let it be what it is instead of comparing it to normal flight

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of this. I hope they are okay.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

The litmus to liking something should never be the equivalent of ‘Have you done everything there is to do with it’ or ‘you should just read one more book’. Particularly because at that point the argument changes from “You should do X” to “You’ve done X, you must LOVE Y”.

It is OK for someone to not derive enjoyment from an activity that you do.

That said, No I haven’t, but that’s not the point. I can Gold the races without it. It’s not about “It’s not regular flying”. It’s about the pain, actual physical pain, that it causes me if I try to use it as anything more than a sprint from A->B.

2 Likes

Exactly enjoying the game on your time table is far more important than doing it the BlizZard way.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

To each their own. I personally love it (and Soar as well), but I’m also a big fan of the GW2 take on mounts.

2 Likes

DUH.
I was offering some help.
learn to take some without making it an issue

1 Like

I am happy that you (and others like you) are finding it fun, enjoyable, and or engaging!

I mean that genuinely.

Let me just quote you here:

That’s not “helpful” to someone who doesn’t enjoy the system. That’s reads like “you can’t enjoy Math until you get to Trig”.

I get the reasoning, but it’s disingenuous to think it’s helpful to state “Just go do this thing you HATE for however long it takes”

1 Like

It is OK for someone to not derive enjoyment from an activity that you do.

Truer words are rarely spoken on the forums.

I think their reasoning behind this is because it’s been less then 24 hours and you’re in here talking about hating something. It’s not at all disingenuous to suggest you actually try something for more than a few minutes, or unlock the ability’s full potential before doing what you’re doing. THAT is disingenuous.

I have put in the effort to try to enjoy it. I understand the system at least as much as the next person who has had the same amount of access as I have.

See my above comment:

It’s not a lack of understanding of the system, and once again suggesting that someone ‘give it time to grow on you’ is a problematic take. It doesn’t take 24 hours for me to know that it causes me SIGNIFICANT PAIN. I knew that the first time I tried to play it the way the game wants you to. Instead it’s relegated to the back burner. I’ll use it when I need to, and hoof it everywhere else.

2 Likes

hands out dragon shaped pillows for the latest Battle of Dragon Riding thread