Finally did the raid and saw the cinematic

I finally saw the end of raid cinematic and I promise I’m not trolling with this post or trying to be funny but:
Did they REALLY have to focus on Xal’atath’s feet that much?
I mean it’s already a meme amongst the playervase but it felt like Blizzard is leaning in to it a bit much which is weird.

Along with Dracthyr, Vulpera, and now her feet, it feels like legitimate fetishists have gotten hired into the design room, and no I’m not trying to troll or be extreme with that statement, it really feels that way and it makes it harder to take the game seriously.

3 Likes

Yeah every single appearance/trailer/cinematic there’s a huge focus on her feet. its getting too weird now. Its def intentional.

The creepiest part is that she’s a corpse, just like Sylvannas. She took over a dead void elf’s body and possessed it via void powers. So they are showing deceased feet, only held together by void power.

5 Likes

It is getting exceptionally weird. It’s like they are trying to go along with the meme, not realising that most people think it’s a weird meme in the first place.

I don’t have any idea what you mean with the Dracthyr and Vulpera, there are no issues with either, but the forced viewpoints to double down on the xalatath feet memes are just eww.

2 Likes

No, what is weird is folks making endless number of spam threads about it.

6 Likes

These aren’t mutually exclusive. Both the threads about Xalatath’s feet, and the response of doubling down on Xalatath’s feet as a result, are weird.

1 Like

Remember Legion?

Didn’t they do something like that with Xera, that windchime naaru?

Granted she didn’t have feet and was basically a windchime but still, they did seem to focus on how she’d just levitate.

Maybe that’s what Xal really is. A spirit of a naaru inhabiting a VE dead body.

1 Like

6 Likes

You act like that’s aa bad thing…

1 Like

It’s a meme among a very small percentage of the population who have this weird thing about feet.

One interesting point that someone once made, humans are the only living species that has feet. The rest of the primates have hands at the end of their legs and other animals have claws, hoofs, etc.

Feet are basically hands that evolved for upright walking.

Does the eldritch being make you feel uncomfortable with her feet? Distracted by her decorated dogs? Wishing she wasn’t floating to hear the pavement slappers?

2 Likes

Xal wouldnt ask. She would just send them

1 Like

You’re putting too much thought into it. It is funny.

Her lack of interaction with the physical world is consistent with the rest of her character. She’s not visible to everyone, she takes on different forms when she wishes, and most of her actions against us are indirect or through minions. Everything is by proxy, and so when her shadow falls over you, it’s not because she is standing there.

1 Like

yall are really obsessed with feet aren’t you?

They’re just feet, why do they bother you so much?

2 Likes

I feel like the only 1 who didn’t notice :person_shrugging:

Because you don’t have a foot fetish. I went to watch the raid cinematic and it’s literally just standard cinematography for the type of relationship they’re portraying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoD44rohrtU

Above is a link to the Lucifer scene from Constantine, almost 20 years ago, and it’s precisely the same type of scene from a directing standpoint. The only people who think Xal’atath’s feet are being weirdly focused on are people who have a foot fetish and people who are in denial about having a foot fetish.

1 Like

you find her feet a problem and not how boring it is?

She is well designed and game wise attractive character. She can do whatever she wants. Its good blizzard is throwing in stuff like this. Its funny but as well its appealing.

I don’t know why people have something against her feet, when we had more weirder stuff thrown into out face

It’s only weird because some of you make it weird.

2 Likes

Its not them that are focusing on her feet, you as the person watching the video is focusing on her feet, the question is, do you have a foot fetish?

1 Like