Finally did it ! Building new PC

Well dudes, I made a post a while back regarding buying a pre-built PC or building. I was told by numerous people to purchase an NZXT as price to parts was a good value. A while ago, I sat down and began educating myself again so please give me feedback on my new build. (I’m very green to computer technology)

Just a little backstory, I built a very budget friendly computer (Approx $700 including monitor) before Legion which powered me through Legion content and into BFA. The computer started to really bottle neck with BFA, addons, multi-boxing, etc…

Below is my current build which I still use and play.

Motherboard: MSI Micro ATX (H110M Gaming)
Graphics card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 3GB
CPU: Intel 3-6100
Ram: G. Skill Ripjaw DDR4 2400
Case: Corsair

My NEW build which I just ordered all of the parts today ! (Approx $1,300)

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A
Graphics card: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: Intel i5-9600K
Ram: Corsair Vegenace PRO DDR4 3200
Case: Fractal Design Meshify

All parts I confirmed on PCPartpicker to be compatible before ordering. Please be critical and tell me if I missed something up. I’m learning and will accept all feedback.

PS: I will be building a PC for my girlfriend in the near future for Shadowlands and will take feedback from here to build her computer.

Thanks!!

3 Likes

Newer intel parts are out. May consider looking into that or amd if you want a little more $/performance. Other then that base off quick glance looks decent

1 Like

Going to make a double post in case you’re using amazon prime or something that allows you to return easier. Before tax, no monitor. If that is $1300 before tax, those parts aren’t the best for your dollar.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fDHkp8

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($55.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1164.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-02 18:27 EDT-0400

1 Like

Hey I appreciate the feedback, however, I didn’t include the rest of my build (power supply, storage, case fans, etc…)

PCPartpicker puts my build at $1,250 (and some change) and Amazon (including tax) puts me right at $1,300.

Case Fans…the ultimate money dumper lol.
I am guilty of spending more money on case fans than some people spend on cpu.

When you do finish it please share your album.

It’s going to look goooood w/ that RGB lol :slight_smile:

I sure will though!

I’m not tech savvy so keep that in mind as I post this.

From what I’ve learned, make sure the power supply can handle it all.

Then, check SLs min. requirements because it may be better and similar cost to just go for an I7 instead of the i5.

Again, I’m not very computer savvy. Those are 2 things I’ve picked up along the way.