Finally a buff for Arcane, but is it enough?

Just tried it in a 16 mists. Gotta say it does feel a lot better than last week, may use it more often

1 Like

I definitely do see the increased damage for blast while using radiant spark.

I am still shocked they haven’t buffed fire or frost mage. If you think mages are top tier and upper of the pack you are delusional… warlocks, hunters, shamans, warriors, frost dks, rogues, and WW monk out class us. The only classes we are on par with or slightly better than are ret paladins, spriests, and demon hunters. In raid all three specs are lower of the pack. So if you ask me the arcane buffs are not even close to enough and frost mage and fire mage are at best C tier

2 Likes

I’d love to see some talents come back for arcane that buffs intellect and spell power based on gear.

I’m TBC arcane get a talent that gives them 15% more intellect. This stacks, so the more intellect you have the more you get from this 15%. In TBC there is another talent that gives you spell power equal to 25% of your intellect.

These two talents together were very exciting and every time we got an intellect upgrade we saw our power go up exponentially. It feels really good!

We need something like this to make talent if fun and getting an upgrade exciting.

1 Like

Imagine if we got 0.5% increased damage for each 1% of mana we have. That would be nice.

but going oom just to get out DPSd by literally anything else isnt fun lol

1 Like

I only played Kyrian for a couple of months but mana was never an issue with that playstyle.

1 Like

im talking PvP. which is a complete crapshoot.

Which brings back the point where Blizzard either needs to double-down on mana and make managing it actually matter or they need to remove it to make it accessible to all players while introducing new spells into the rotation.

If mana is already a non-issue then it serves no purpose as a resource other than for CC procs which could just me done in a better fashion.

1 Like

Exactly this. Most of us don’t have an issue managing mana.

Isn’t that basically the old mastery?

Mana needs to be removed as a DPS resource entirely. It only matters for a single spec and it brings way too many cons for barely any pros. In fact, the only pro I can think of is fantasy and that’s not nearly enough.

2 Likes

Yes, arcanes previous mastery from cata to wod increased all damage based on the amount of mana unspent (mana adept: up to 15% base rating).

Whatever it was. Its better than what we currently have. We really need our mastery increasing damage more… its horrific how much mana we spend for the crap damage we do.

Well after a week of gameplay in M+ pushing 22+, I must say this buff for arcane put us in decent spot (not at the warlock or hunter levels) but we certainly fill the single target/prio damage spot well and is what I believe the dev note said it was for.

they simply turned those into mastery, mastery gives you more damage, more mana, more mana regen, so in essence (just like how you want more int to do more damage and have more mana as arcane of old) you want more mastery to buff all those same things.

Just a shame that niche is not explored by 95% of the playerbase and virtually ignores the other aspects of PvE. In the earlier days of WoW, PvP changes made PvE bad. Now M+ changes make PvE bad. I guess having a spec not be terrible for 2 of the 7 expansions isn’t so bad…

1 Like

Tbf, there’s just other classes that does that better. Along with that, frost and fire is just flatout better overall anyway so that damage would be ignored, admittedly (and regretfully) because the other two has the better utility and better performance. For example, rogues has the st funnel niche tied down very well, but they also bring better utilities that arcane does not have or the other two specs while you’re at it.

I’d main arcane no matter what and i have definitelyfelt that increase funnel damage with arcane, BUT people will ignore this niche for a good reason.

I would like it if clearcasting could stack outside of a pvp situation personally. Up to twice and then three times with a talent.

That’s the purest form of copium if I’ve ever seen it, jesus christ

I can give my take on this if you guys want. I think the following:

1. Raiding: 4 pce should give 2 Clearcast procs when you use TotM
  2. M+: TotM AoE damage should deal full damage to 5 targets, and reduced damage thereafter, rather than reduced damage after 1 target.

We’ve all pushed for the clearcasting proc in ptr and all we got was a heavy nerf.

And what a surprise, Arcane was the bottom DPS spec and had to get a buff.

It’s time like these where I wonder if Blizzard even plays this game.