Finally a buff for Arcane, but is it enough?

as much as i hate resolve trinked arcane needed a way beyond juke to be protected from kicks.

being stumped 100-0 in a stun and kicked from everyone and their moms makes these buff meh in pvp, why buffing 99999% a casted spell when you can’t cast it off most the time.

you do understand that arcane explosion has a 20 mob soft cap, meaning that it does the same damage regardless of the enemy all the way up to 20. And when are you fighting 20 mobs simultaneously in a competitive environment?

2 Likes

In large pulls in M+. The Ardenweald Zone we’re you do a mega pull up to the urn with all the stags and cranes.

Also some pulls in Mists were you do a several pack Gromling Roundup before the Final boss.

so 1 niche instance within 2 M+ dungeons out of all the dungeons, no instances within raiding, and no instances within pvp of any kind.
i dont think it needs uncapping at all, specially since its soft capped, maybe if it was hard capped at 5 or something, but its not.

2 Likes

In my mind the perfect buff for Arcane to go with the tuning would be allowing Touch of the Magi to generate a guaranteed stack of Clearcasting alongside it’s current effects. At the moment Arcane has no way of generating CC stacks outside of RNG, which sucks. The proposed change would give us some measure of control over that process.

That’s all I got for now. It’s nothing too crazy but it would definitely help out with the spec’s flow. Especially after the borrowed power we receive in this expansion goes away.

1 Like

Not having this issue- yeah arcane getting locked out of school sucks- I run double dps trinkets though. (Human).

Between blink (not shimmer) human racial and all the control I rarely die in a stun unless tons of melee on me in a bg and I’ve cycled thru defensive - really sucks if there is a dispel but invis can be a quick out. Learning when to pre-emptively alter time has helped a ton.

It wont be OP (i dont think) but its definitely going up a few notches…as it should. I like this bandaid… doesnt do much for M+ tho… raid/pvp it helps alot tho.

Only issue with that is then there is SOO much tied to TotM… Its like you only press that and gain a gazillion benefits.

The same argument was pretty much said when Blizz turned mana into a non-resource for all other casters. “I never had mana issues, you are all bads” etc etc. A decade on, and no one playing those specs looks back and says “you know, I wish we had to deal with mana as a resource again”.

Mana management may no longer be a difficult concept, but it’s still a vastly outdated one and is utilised by Arcane as a resource, only done extremely poorly compared to resources of literally any other spec in the game. The only thing at thing point that will save Arcane is to remove mana as a resource and give it a more involved rotation because the alternative is to double-down on it and keep Arcane with a 2-button rotation.

3 Likes

And Arcane has ample tools to manage their mana with, Evocation, Arcane Barrage, Mana Gem, Arcane Charges, etc.

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point here.

Mana right now does nothing for arcane. It doesn’t give the damage boost that ti used to give and managing mana doesn’t add anything anymore. It’s just there. It’s annoying because it no longer does anything. Atm, arcane isthe only dps spell caster spec that has to worry about mana when it serves the same fucntion for warlocks with the difference being that our spells cost more and we have to fish for procs that doesn’t proc enough. The mana used to proc that thing doesn’t even give a damage boost.

That’s the issue here. They keep the concept of mana management tied to arcane after changing the very thing (mastery) that made that very concept interesting and rewarding for the spec.

So, they either make mana a powerful resource again that actually adds something to the spec or remove it and allow it to function like frost and fire concerning mana.

4 Likes
  • Only one school of magic, incredibly easy to shut down and lock out.
  • Clunky mechanics that do not play well or reflect the requirements needed to be successful in modern PvP.
  • Big damage goes include Arcanomeme which does not work at realistic competitive level
  • Consistent damage non-existent
  • Burst damage easy to counter
  • Has very little compatibility in comps that other classes have.

Yeah, I’d say Arcane is still in a crap spot for pvp, and not good for pve either. Legion Arcane was a good iteration of the class and they gutted it and took away all of the things that made it a fun class to play. Legion Arcane was actually very nice to play, was not clunky, abilities built off of each other well, and it wasn’t OP.

Current Arcane is so…lame.

Detruc just lost demon armor

I would agree, I would like to see something in the new talent tree to split between a kyrian type build that isn’t heavily tied to mana and another for the AB playstyle that does use mana with some of the supporting skills like Equipoise, Siphon Storm, Enlightened, deathborne, ect.

1 Like

This ability was so much better on its first iteration where being interrupted released the orb instead of just completely shutting you down and doing no damage. How was this considered overpowered for a channeled spell?

While I definitely think the class is a lot healthier than it was in BFA, I think the changes to TotM have put us in the “Windwalker Vortex” of perpetual bad single target, because of how our single target scales into AOE and cleave. I did a few dungeons before the reset, and definitely noticed that while I could usually keep up in AOE, I always fell off during the boss fights. It’s a tough position, because increasing our single target would make our cleave even more explosive, while reigning in our TotM to compensate could cripple our AOE and cleave.

Also I’d like Nether Tempest to be competitive, but I don’t think getting lost in the talent granularity is worth it since they’re going to flip the table and redesign talents anyways. We just have to hope they design the trees well. :slight_smile:

Right now only problem I have Is relying on crit to do damage. Play style is booooooring outisde radiant spark and touch of the magi. Even damage is wet noodle outside these two. They should adjust the CD of touch of the Magi better.

1 Like

So its not enough?

Basically if you don’t crit damage Is wet noodle.

2 Likes