Field Researcher Achievements

Whoever thought up the “turn in 50/100” items for the meta was a good idea should be fired. That is all.

5 Likes

it is awful and i have no problem usually with grinds for achievements but this one is ridiculous. you basically have to get a big group to make it to that part but then can only get on average 1 per we shouldnt have to do this 100 times! should be like the stomping achieve where it counted progress for everyone have it be that way for these ones just up the number a bit then u dont feel angry cause people are taking ur objectives

1 Like

its ridiculous

please fix this blizz why would u want to pit people who are after achieves against people who want to get it done as fast as possible for the epic loot bag? makes no sense should be progressed by the whole group or have the achieves be in the first couple stages so people who want achievements can join smaller groups and get it done faster

Yeah it is ridiculous. I finally got a smaller sized “we just happen to be here” group going and got to the pillars, and even with like 12 people there I got 2 shards turned in…out of 100. Each pillar only takes like 8 shards, at least the curious ore takes 50 so you have some time to get it and usually can reasonably get 2-5 a run with a big group. I got two altar shards turned in before time ran out, because again we weren’t a big group but basically I will have to run and get lucky with small groups who can get to the pillars 50 times to get the achievement

I came here to make a thread about this, as well. It seems I can either focus only on these achievements for weeks while people are still doing the content, wait several years till everything can be progressed fast enough to do it solo, or just don’t do it. These are the three achievements that seem to need an adjustment.

1 Like

Yep, just confirming that unless these are changed, I will probably be waiting several years to even attempt these three achievements. It is a massive waste of time. Tried in multiple group sizes and still always stuck at 1. Get beat to the item (most common), aggro some random elite mob I have to deal with in the less populated areas where people aren’t rushing to the items even though I thought I was far enough away, finally get one and make it to the pillar or whatever and the phase ends and the item disappears, or else the pillar I am running to gets full and I have to find another or they all get completed before I can make it. As others have said, please make it raid-wide progress or something that doesn’t require everyone to compete with and troll each other and create animosity, or just remove these sub-achievements altogether.

1 Like

Almost finished.

Seemed harder on paper.

And done.

Ps, leave group once achievement objective is done, join new slower group.

If you want to talk horrible ach, the sniff meta. Min 18 weeks…

1 Like

I know that every world meta needs to be timegated for Bizzard’s “carrot on the stick” chase philosophy. But these researcher ones need to be drastically reduced. Along with the 18 week digger one.