FF14 announces new expansion with expanded housing, farming, etc.. Byebye, WoW!

Needless to say this is what I have been waiting for in an MMO to suit my need to collect things. WoW has fallen woefully behind, raiding has gotten stale, M+ isn’t fun, and countless other issues with nothing fun and casual to fall back on when those things get to be boring or stale.

Focusing an entire game around the raid experience (and a lot of people leaving in frustration over how bad the raid experience is currently) as an MMO is just not cutting it, guys.

132 Likes

Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

37 Likes

I mean FF14 has pretty much already had all of this. So what kept you from it for so long?

33 Likes

is their housing still limited or is it like wildstar where everyone had one

felt like in FFXIV the housing may as well not even be there as it was literally inaccesible for most of the playerbase

9 Likes

They have housing? So I can sit alone there?

cause I make TONS of friends… till the next day… when we never talk again…

5 Likes

I miss hearing the same passion about this game from the Devs like they have for FF. I miss the old guard at Blizzard.

49 Likes

im watching there stream right now… and its night and day the difference with how Yoshi.P and Blizz handled there games/customers.

this announcement is infinitely better than any wow announcement ive seen. even the stuff that appears to be controversial the players are taking it in stride. and they are adding systems the players want to the game instead of things they dont want. and the sheer fact that they add to there game instead of forcing all players into the current patch and only the current patch.

it makes me question a lot of blizzards decisions about the game…

64 Likes

what’s the deal?

doesn’t that game have it’s own forum?

why does everyone need to spam about it here?

how is posting about this game beneficial to the wow community?

17 Likes

The same reason WoW is mentioned over there.
It’s forums and the Internet.

23 Likes

ffxiv has horrible combat and is honestly poorly made, the map is a still picture, its not even open world, essentially no endgame, expansive as hell, not wow, not many players. sure you can switch game but dont act like its better then wow in every aspect, if it was itd be bigger then wow.

edit: dont even think about doing pvp in ff14

6 Likes

Their forums are just about dead or you get blacklisted by the community for speaking out. Their reddit is no better, just a bunch of rabbit and cat girl fanart.

5 Likes

Been waiting for WoW to embrace a wider range of gameplay tbh. That’s what.

4 Likes

weird, i just went to look, and couldn’t find any threads mentioning wow

people need to get blacklisted for advertising here, too.
all of this spam is just straight up sabotage at this point.
people were given a sub-forum to discuss other games, and this isn’t it.

hmm rabbit fan art you say? :thinking:

2 Likes

And what is there to do in WoW’s “open world”? The SL maps are all completely empty when I level my alts unless I see 1-2 people doing a WQ. No one even responds to rares anymore. Great, you have an open world but no one is in it and there’s no reason to do anything there.

Wow needs to do better. The art direction in WoW is great and it has the systems to give fantastic gameplay (I DO prefer wow combat but what can ya do when there’s only 2 endgame things to even do… and neither are fun atm?)… Why they hold back so much in offering wider ranges of cosmetics, collectibles, or implementing housing as everyone has been asking for since day 1 is a mystery to me. If WoW had good housing and a better cosmetic system, they’d have me for life.

@nobully people talk about wow all the time on ff14 and in the forums. Just because you didn’t see any right this moment doesn’t mean they don’t exist… smh. Why you upset that a competing game is mentioned here when they do something better?

Why are you worried about “sabotage”? This isn’t an ad. This is me saying I see more of a future in another game and WoW needs to know. If a game can sabotage wow for a housing expansion, maybe thats a problem with WoW and not the other game.

20 Likes

Don’t do it, don’t go down that hole. You’ll never return and if by some miracle you do…you’ll never be the same.

Not much of a future if you’re still stuck up on WoW…

2 Likes

… waiting for like 15 years?

2 Likes

You should have looked when SB was released. When BFA was tanking and they…weren’t.

There were plenty of “guests” on the forums for months.

8 Likes

Yeah. Every expansion I hope they’re gonna drop something that helps make it feel more complete… I stick around for the RP and friends but even that is leaving now. I raided pretty hard in legion, but it isn’t that fun anymore. I play the game in its entirety but …when it’s the same thing over and over with no breaks from the same kind of content it just… you reach a point where you just don’t wanna wait anymore.

1 Like

Can i get your stuff?

2 Likes