Fewer Azerite Sources in Season 2?

Does anyone know if this means that Azerite Armor will no longer be an award for completing an assault? Or is this award considered a version of the “world quest emissaries”?

No idea. Could also be a mistake in the typing. Accidentally left it out.

True - just looking for clarity.

Sounds to me like they are just saying that in the future all new 370+ armor pieces will now have a fifth ring. They didn’t say anything about taking the current sources away, just that they are changing the armor talent rings.

But Blizzard isn’t known for communicating well, or fully. So I was hoping they would clarify.

The assault gear is the same as the Honorbound/SI:7 emissary reward so it would be treated the same. There will be objectively more azerite running around in season 2 since all 9 bosses drop a piece as opposed to there just being 5 pieces in the raid like in Uldir (one of which was generally on G’huun which more pugs don’t kill).

Can you reference anything to confirm this?

I understand how it would be a safe assumption to make - but again, Blizzard isn’t the best at communicating when it makes changes.

I’m curious about the emblazoned engineering goggles. WoWhead seems to show that they’ll have the second ring, but that doesn’t seem to mesh with this blue post.

A fifth ring is visible on these goggles in game.

They are for the new pair, but not on the emblazoned pair for me.

Ah, those 385s. Highly unlikely given that they are considered Uldir gear, since they are made using Sanguicell, and Uldir gear will not be receiving a 5th ring. Could be wrong though, which would make Engineering the sole profession to gain a 5th ring from Uldir gear.

Of course, if you already crafted them then the answer is no as it won’t retroactively apply to gear already made.

In fairness, it’s the only profession that can make an azerite slot, isn’t it? I’m more or less curious if it’ll get the fifth ring that WoWhead claims it gets, or if WoWhead is just wrong about how things work again.