Few pvp questions for surv hunters

Recently started playing surv and love it like crazy, first char to hit max lvl the fastest in all my years playing. Confused about a bit though, landing traps is a bit tough, do most of u use pet stun to land trap or execute your burst on target? what else should i be using to land traps successfully? Also our burst seems to be around a 45 sec window, in arena should i immediately use my burst rotation to get some defensives or split my burst? Usually my burst is bomb, explosive, chakram, fury of eagle. Should i maybe cord assault and bomb and maybe pop a trinket in hopes they pop defensives then use the explosive/chakram/fury rotation? any tips n tricks would be greatly appreciated. ty

Scatter into trap. Harpoon can also help

1 Like

Harpoon is the way to land your traps when available. Scatter shot shares DR with traps. Stun can be used but only to trap at the end of the stun to extend the CC duration, you can also do the inverse and stun out of an ice trap. Whenever in doubt though, just CC someone. CC uptime is how matches are won.

Burst depends if you’re the target or not, generally it’s not best to use your burst cooldowns if they are focusing you first as youll naturally do less damage. I’d say you’re OK to open with burst if you manage to peel/cc someone or you’re not the focus.

Pressure game is the key to any PvP you want to perform your best while preventing your opponent the same opportunity. That means mitigating their burst and getting the full benefit of yours. I’d pile all your burst together for the biggest pressure you can put on your opponent.

Specifically Survival has the unique ability to use some of it’s burst cooldowns to mitigate damage, specifically from melee. Spear head and coordinated assault grant you the ability to charge a vast distance, this means you can peel a DPS and start your Burst all at the same time. Just becareful of line of sight from your healer. That much mobility is hard for anyone to track even friends.

In addition Bicmex is probably the best hunter to look up for general rotation and skilled play if you want a great source for high level play. Even their previous season advice should hold mostly true still. They are a great source for gearing, talents, and more.

1 Like