Fetching encoding table

My WoW won’t advance past " Fetching encoding table", I’ve tried all possible troubleshoots and nothing is working, I’ve even uninstalled the game and the blizzard client but that had just made it worst, I can’t download anything since it won’t fetch the encoding table. Atm it seem like WoW BFA is the only program effected, cause I’m able to install/download classic. Is there anything else I can do?

1 Like

You might want to post in Tech Support, those guys are the bee’s knees when it comes to tech issues.

3 Likes

Alright will do, thank you for the advice

2 Likes

Hi Heybbq

Right click on the bottom task bar. Select Task Manager - look for a process called WorldofWarcraft Voice Proxy. If it is there highlight it then click the End Task button.
(you may need to click More Details on Task Manager to see all the running processes)

Try Bnet Launcher afterwards.

We have also seen a Antivirus called TotalAV blocking the update. Do you happen to have that installed. If so try uninstalling - Windows Defender will take over duties there.

5 Likes

Thank you so much it’s working now, last thing I would of expected was my antivirus

1 Like

Good to see - was it TotalAV or some other antivirus causing the issue?

3 Likes

Thanks for the information about Total AV because I’ve got it and having issues! Buh bye Total AV!

Does Norton 360 or their protection have the same issue as Total AV? Use to have Norton 360 while playing WOW not once had a issue

With Total AV, just right click it, go into settings and disable the “real Time Protection” and “Web Shield” it will allow Bliz to update.

5 Likes

YoU aRe A SuPa StAr

Thank god we have people like you.

Well done sir! Many thanks!