Fetch Player Movement

Fetch is a great skill as it is, but it would be nice if your character could remain in motion when you use the skill though, or at least after casting, and it might be nice if the pet’s movement speed could be increased during the skill also. It would make the skill more user friendly. Allowing pet commands given to the pet after Fetch is activated to interrupt the Fetch action would keep pets available to respond to enemies.
Also, there seems to be a double cast time, one cast time for the player, then one cast time for the pet. That makes sense, but looting doesn’t have a cast time so it might be reasonable for one or both of those cast times to be eliminated.
As a contributor to this forum post noted, you can move during the Fetch action but you must stand still while the pet performs the loot action. I’m suggesting that it would be nice to be able to move throughout the whole Fetch action, including while the pet performs the loot action.

3 Likes

I’m going to take it a step further. I agree that the Hunter should be able to move during fetch. But it should also be an auto cast ability for pets. Like of course you can turn it off if you want, but it should available to be set to autocast so when you kill something your pet just goes and loots it without any extra effort.

Our pets are supposed to be expertly trained killers, right? It seems like doing something as basic as fetch should be an automatic behavior.

4 Likes

What do you mean? You can totally use Fetch while moving.

The only part you need to stand still is the moment the loot bag opens, but that has nothing to do with Fetch. Moving closes the loot bag just like any other loot bag because you’re out of range.

Fetch autocast would be cool.

The engineering looterang works exactly this way. You can move immediately after casting. Doesn’t matter how far you get.

The fetch skill seems to be overwritten by the pets follows function (core behavior not the skill) . It activates as soon as you move cancelling the loot.

The looterang feels way better.