Feral Question

Heya,

I was just wondering when you have the azerite trait “wild fleshrending” are you meant to apply thrash in single target? thanks ^.^

Of course my fledgling young Druid! Adds a little bit more to the rotation while giving your Shreds a bit more oomfph.

Not sure of the math for it but It probably becomes a dps increase after only a few Shreds if you have 3 of them. Probably takes a few more if you only have 1 trait.

Yes you will definitely want to keep thrash applied single target if you have wild fleshrending. With 3 stacks it basically doubles the damage of my shred, so it would probably take 3-4 with only 1 stack.

Thanks for the replies! <3

It’s even better…

The damage added to shred is not affected by armor, where the base shred damage is. With that in mind, 3x Wild Fleshrending traits well over doubles shred damage… 230% more exactly :3.

So, in other words, when using 3x wild fleshrending, one WF-buffed shred is worth a little more than two un-buffed shreds… Since thrash and shred both cost 40 energy, it’s basically never worth it to cast an un-buffed shred. It’s actually a waste of energy efficiency. Even if you only get one shred off on a thrash cast, it’s worth it.

If one has only 1x wild fleshrending, you have to be more careful.

With any number of WF, you’d want to maximize the number of shreds cast per thrash-cast… But, with 2x flesh-rending, you need to get at least 2 shreds to make the thrash worth casting, with 1x WF, you need 3 shreds to make it worth it.

Yes, you would want to apply Thrash with the Wild Fleshrending trait. I would recommend using Thrash with your Omen of Clarity procs due to the high energy cost.

Thrash and shred have the same cost now so it doesnt matter unless your using it on brutal slash.

No, you want to spend your OoC procs on shred (single target) or swipe (multi target) for the 15% damage bonus it adds to it. Thrash does so little damage the 15% bonus to Thrash doesn’t amount to much. Thrash and Shred cost the same energy now, like Tortuyo said.

Think of Thrash as a maintenance buff you need to have on ONLY when you are Shredding, Swiping or BrS. If you are not doing any of those things, it is fine to let it fall off. Actually it is suggested that you do so. Just put Thrash back up before you start any of the other affected attacks.

Probably not, but it depends.

If the extra damage (not base damage) you get added to Shred plus Thrash damage is more than the base damage of Shred over the duration of Thrash, then yes. Otherwise you’d be better off spending that 40 energy on Shred instead of Thrash.

Thrash alone is not worth replacing a Shred on a single target, so does that little extra damage to Shred make up the difference? Probably not.