Feral melee range inconsistency?

So, the final patch notes for tomorrow dropped and… there’s this little gem:

DRUID
Cat Form now increases the range of auto-attacks and melee abilities by 3 yards.

FERAL
Cat Form no longer increases the range of auto-attacks and melee abilities by 3 yards.

Am I to surmise that Cat Form for all druids BUT feral have additional 3 yards of melee range?

8 Likes

I had to double check the notes, and you’re right

That’s kind of hilarious, I have no real idea what the reality is here, they removed all range increase abilities from melee, so that Druid overall section might be off

2 Likes

I’m assuming someone made a mistake in the patch notes and that there is no range increase. But I saw that range increase listed in the druid section and I was so, so happy…maybe Feral wasn’t dead after all! Maybe I still got to enjoy my favorite spec.

When I read a little further, it devastated me. It immediately crushed all my enthusiasm for this prepatch.

I admit, I am still confused, but I’m guessing feral doesn’t have increased range anymore.

Ugghhh not looking forward to today, haven’t taken a break from feral since MoP but maybe that time is coming again, very sad and I hope I am wrong.

wasnt ferals range increase to make up for a design mistake and those 3yds put us at the same range as all other melee

I am pretty sure feral won’t have any melee increased range anymore. They removed the 3 yards from the balance talent and they stated

" Cat Form no longer increases the range of auto-attacks and melee abilities by 3 yards."

So that tells me, feral is going to be up in the boss’s/mob’s hit boxes to do damage.

Notes also had a buff for tear open wounds during berserk then said tear open wounds was removed. The haphazard approach they take to feral is the only consistantancy I’ve come to expect.

1 Like