Feral is still broken. Why is this okay?

I said that because it was a level 29 Druid responding to a level 67 Monk, telling him that he doesn’t perform well enough to have a valid opinion.

I went onto this rant because of how absurd this was. Sock puppets and trolling characters need to be made visible, it’s bizarre.

1 Like

I have to point out, Feral was Designed as a Hybrid spec by default on release.
SO it suffers from needing everything, Hit, Expertise, Dodge, Crit, Defense and maybe Parry Rating.
Of course it’s not going to perform the best compared to Balance a Ranged spec That only requires Spell power, Int and Hit Rating.
Comparing it to RETRIBUTION, a DPS spec by default only needing Hit, crit and expertise rating. When They split the Tanking Portion away in later Expansions, Then it was able to fruition properly. it suffers by default on now considered Poor/Old implementation.

1 Like

You have no proof he is sock puppeting. You are speculating because you don’t like his opinion.

I see people here do this a lot. People often claim I’m other forum users. It is really sad. You need to understand, not everyone is going to agree with you and there is nothing you can do about it.

You just need to accept, sometimes your opinion is not the majority opinion and say your piece and move on.

I’m just going to block you because you’re here to argue because you’re bored.

I have written weakauras to track my lacerate, rake, rip, and savage roar durations, and to warn me if Tiger’s Fury is approaching as a cooldown, which is juggled as a relatively short cooldown in proximity to these buffs, because I can’t afford to overlap or lose any of them.

Above these weakuras, I have LUA calculations to tell me what my savage roar offset is, so I can optimally cast it, which is ~28 offset according to simulations given my current gear.

These weakauras also have a custom option to track my rip glyph casts, so I know if I can shred to extend its duration. Additionally, obviously, they track lacerate stacks.

I have also written weakauras to signify, using various parameters, when it is optimal to bearweave, and which idol I should shift into when I shift back to cat (I have separate keybinds for my two cat idol shifts).

Often, I have to shred with full combo points, even though it feels counter-intuitive, because I know it is optimal on the sim. Sometimes, many times in a row, depending on clearcasting. I also might shift to bear, clearcast, and immediately have to shift back so I can shred.

I also have a weakaura written to help me to know if I can ferocious bite given my current energy, berserking state, combo points, rip and savage roar duration, though I don’t really need it – I simply find it reduces the cognitive load, so it helps a small percentage, most likely.

I also have a weakaura to ensure mangle is cast on the target, though this is often the case given bearweaving. Sometimes, it might need to be refreshed, such as when flowerweaving.

Overall, at best, I do alright.

Retribution paladins press one button.

9 Likes

Nope, I genuinely think you are trying to stalk people IRL who disagree with you.

Except feral wears the same gear as all other physical dps classes?

All the logic behind why ret was buff also applies to feral, so they should definitely receive a slight buff.

Prot is a tank spec, not a dps spec. while both feral (cat) and Balance are dps specs. stop trolling, you probably don’t even play feral considering your druid is only 29.

The only possible buff it could receive is the Hybridization being moved as a separate
Spec from it entirely.
Some Required Bleeds are locked to Bear Form which is not great already.
when a buff I can agree it should be available to all Feral forms, and something like Mangle either increasing Bleed tick rate upon cast as it’s debuff on a target or Swipe Spreading Rake/Rip. plus Ferocious bite just flatly refreshing it Based on Bite’s combo points to a specific duration.

Balance isn’t an alternative to someone who likes feral. It is like saying to a warrior, why not just play warlock, it’s better.

It makes no sense.

Feral needs improvement. It is far to much investment for the amount of damage it does. It feels super bad to be trying to hard and then you do less DPS than a person with a 1 or 2 button rotation.

2 Likes

My druid is an alt and I hadn’t raided for a handful of weeks, boy did I sure fall off.

It also shows the gap in dps between druids that are getting those rotations down more and more. ICC druids that started P1 will probably be doing some crazy new form of weaving and efficiently. Even when I was mono cat in P1 my dps wasn’t too considerably lower in parses.

Now it’s green on any fight (85s in naxx) that’s not sit and turret… still an amazingly fun spec that I’ll only be able to get better at.

You’re doing great bud. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Most have probably read it and we don’t care what it says

That’s your choice for sure. Frankly it has their reasoning in it for the changes and the information could be useful to use or reference for other under performing specializations later in the game as things progress and we see where classes/spec’s end up outside of simming.

You should add a weak aura to whisper a paladin in your raid for hand of salv when you have cooldowns popped or when you get Unholy Frenzy!

1 Like

I wish, if I had a blood DK I’d be putting up easy max parses.

just so you know, unholy frenzy is listed as an NPC on logs, so your logs would remain the same

Shows how many times I’ve seen it, thanks.

And Fury. Ferals still beat Fury - just.

This is what people are quoting at the high end.

There’s probably about 3 reasons for this: better cleave, better target swapping and better scaling.