Feral is still broken. Why is this okay?

and you do not have enough forum posts for your opinion to matter.

1 Like

The post im linking doesn’t say that. The post that says that is the initial reply to the ret buff post that started this. PLease though, prove that what I am doing is telling others to respec when I also post things as an addendum like this:

but go off.

See my reply to OP discussing the potential holes in blizzards logic as well as supporting buffs for feral tank and dps. I have not mentioned ret once except to say I am not one.

That I would like other specs and classes performing badly to receive buffs like ret did? because thats my stance. Bring on the game/class balance please.

Except they’re still a part of the same class. For ret, the only dps option was reroll.

As in, you don’t think they should have changed ret? Meh I’m on the fence, but I also don’t care. It’s fine for me for paladins to have a decent dps option, which apparently they didn’t before. But I also knew as soon as they made that post that we’d see a whole wash of posts like this one… “My class isn’t best, pls buff cuz u buffed ret lulz!”

1 Like

The thing is…Sometimes raids want a melee DPS and sometimes they want a ranged DPS. Feral is the druid’s only MELEE dps. Just like paladins.

RDPs vs Melee DPS, so somewhat different, but yeah that’s true. On the flipside as well, Feral DPS is still pretty tanky in bear form, and can OT a lot of things without having to respec (or sometimes even swap gear).

Of course, there’s probably no other class that you’d really want to stack in say a 10m HM run other than Paladins, so when it comes to overall class representation, even with the great versatility that comes with druids, I don’t think anything really comes close to paladins.

Can we re-rail this thread?

Even if balance is an acceptable specialization, that doesn’t mean that feral isn’t the most egregiously broken specialization.

Obviously, Holy and Protection being bonkers out of this world good didn’t factor into the decision making (which balance is decidedly not), so I don’t see why such a difference in playstyle would be considered valid as an excuse for action in one case and not the other.

4 Likes

Yeah, I suspect it has to do with class representation. Paladins are far more popular.

Not to mention rerolling from feral to boomkin requires an entire re-gearing process unless they have gear saved up from off spec rolls, etc. The learning curve is also entirely different.

Same can be said for Ele to enhance. Ret was simple, 1 DPS spec here you go, but rerolling between the two dps specs that shamans and druids have is still a big deal to do relatively speaking.

1 Like

Yeah ferals got shafted. Their rotation is crazy complex and they can still barely do passable DPS.

Ferals need some love.

5 Likes

You actually just responded to a retail Monk with this. Post on your main.

I really think Blizzard should eliminate forum anonymity. Attach Battletags to the forum or at the very least, have your account wide post count visible on any character you post on.

1 Like

It’s not about what raids want, it’s about just having the option. Blizzard isn’t catering to the hyper-optimized classic meta that players have created. They just wanted to ensure that every class has one decent dps option, which apparently Paladins didn’t.

My point above is this: If you want feral buffs, argue for that. Don’t use the fact that ret got buffed as justification for why feral deserves buffs. It’s just not the same scenario. You could simply remove that part and your post would be stronger for it.

1 Like

I agree. Blizzard should stop letting people be anonymous so we can try to harm people who have opinions we don’t agree with!

To talk about differences in playstyle further:

I would submit that the difference between feral and balance is greater than the difference between retribution and protection.

If protection wasn’t considered a viable alternative to retribution, it is only fair to not consider balance a viable alternative to feral. Going even further, it is patently obvious that feral and balance are approximately as different as any two classes in the game, especially considering that the complexity of feral is so unique.

See, this kind of trolling from a level 21 sock puppet would be less common if he wasn’t able to troll with impunity.

Totally agree. Why would a person who like casters switch to feral or vise versa? That isn’t a solid argument.

Feral needs to be viable as a DPS just like ret. Right now it is very hard and feels unrewarding for the amount of skill it takes.

1 Like

I would at the very least be happy with maul proccing clearcasting again like it did for the entirety of Naxx. Don’t see why Feral needed to randomly be nerfed again through clearcasting.

So tell me. If you could have my identity, what would you do to punish me?

No one cares what you think though. Also people don’t want to be harassed in real life for having an opinion some crazy person doesn’t agree with.

They’re both completely viable DPS specs.

The Feral in my guild is having an absolute blast. I play Blood DPS, some of us like the challenge of being seen as weak or a meme spec and then competing and surpassing others in our guilds.

Another sock puppet completely taking out of context what I said. Just a perfect example of what I’m talking about.

Feral is far from viable as it is one of the lowest performing DPS in Ulduar phase.

You just want to exact your own form of social cancelling when you disagree with someone. To bad you can’t. :slight_smile: