Feral Druid s3 (and futures issues)

So there are multiple very very large issues with feral druids that need to be addressed.

1. ACP and future of feral weapons. as cool as this weapon is, it puts ferals in a super annoying spot. MCP - in classic was the strongest weapon in the whole game for ferals from start to finish, blizzard wanted to fix the constant farming of MCP in SOD, but they created a larger issue.
    Power shifting and MCP were a work around to an insanely weak class in classic. SOD has improved a bit, but still not fixed the core weapon scaling issues with Druids.
    MCP was literlly stronger than Atiesh in Classic. And ACP is the same to the point of the buff falling off, then you re required to weapon swap to a better item FOR THE ENTIRE GAME.
    Not to mention, Feral attack power in no way can equate to the scaling of upgraded wep dmg for other classes.

2. the position of mangle and lacerate, and tanks literally cant use both which is stupid. the next rune in p3 doesnt work, 'chance on maul, lacerate and swipe to reset the CD of mangle bear" which you cant have equipped as a tank because you need lacerate. and its on the same slot as mangle…the tooltip is literally not possible… like this is some low level idiot stuff. Want me to solve it ??? move lacerate to leg rune location. THERE ISN’T A BEAR DRUID RUNE ON LEGS. It wont even overpower cats, because they are required to run ferocious roar on legs, so it just fixes bear runes.

3. The leather DPS or (CAT) set in Sunken temple is GARBAGE. The sets in gnomer are better itemized for DPS. Blizzard made these AGI heavy for rogues. The druid tanking set actually has strength on the boots, but is weighted way to heavily towards stam, as it should be because its a tank set.

GNOMER SET - attack power - 124
ST SET - attack power - 94

you get slightly more crit, the same hit, and SIGNIFICANTLY less attack power. its actually garbage.

and to repeat myself, OTHER DPS classes skills directly scale of weapon damage, Druids NEVER do, feral attack power is always going to be significantly worse. Gonna feel terrible getting that ultra cool epic staff and having to keep ACP in wep slot to open forever.

I know everyone other class has their own issues, but druids have actually functional to the bone issues that need to be fixed. please for god sake do something about them.

ALSO, the pre emptive nerf to mangle end of S1 and buff shred, busted up ferals damage rotation - if you want me to tell you how to fix that too:

Reduce the cost of Shred by 8 energy. Currently when improved its 48 energy, meaning after power shifting your regularly waiting for un-even amounts of energy per tick and dumping unused energy when it does, its super irritating. If you do this ferals can get out two shreds per power shift + 1 energy tick. We do it anyway, it just requires us to power shift more often which drains out mana, requiring consumables to still not be able to compete with warr dps (and definitely not rogues in P3, by the looks of their runes.
40 energy is still more energy than mangle was in phase one, its only a slight buff.

4 Likes

You’re not wrong. Good luck.

Apparently this has been touched upon by Aggrend and they will be fixing this.
Not sure how, but hopefully it’s an improvement.

But yeah, Feral design has a lot of problems, hoping the addition of Furor and Wolf’s Head Helm provides a little benefit.

I wonder if weapon normalisation would work to assist the spec. Similar to how normalisation adjusts a weapons damage comparable to for example 3.3 speed for 2H, they could do the same to normalise to feral attack speed.
That way weapon damage/dps would at least still contribute towards damage instead of relying on straight AP scaling.
Seems like it would prevent things like the MCP abuse of using a ridiculously low damage item just for the AS proc.

lets be honest. blizz doesnt care now. they gave us wild strikes knowing that if they didn’t, feral representation would be at 0.5%

in their eyes feral can go back to being ignored, like it has for the entirety of wow

3 Likes

I mean they made the new craftable leather helm with wep skill scale onto feral form… just make weapon dmg directly additive to spells eg: if shred does 100 dmg, a weapon that has 20 top end means shred would do 120 dmg top end, exacly like every other melee class.

And if they dont want to do thay, solve the ACP issue by making a feral only enchant that gives the attack speed buff on use ability. I mean this is the lazy way to do it… but atleast its something and then you could keep the dumb feral atk power scaling

To put this into perspective for every other class that doesnt understand.

If blizzard all of a sudden took the weapon damage part of your spell tooltips that says:
‘%t amount, plus weapon damage’
shamans, warriors, rogues, paladins all o
Be stuck using ACP for the rest of a game.

Oh wow might of menethil thats a nice stat stick. But i guess ill stick to the mace from gnomregan, its literally 1000 times better.

1 Like