Feral Druid DPS possible without MCP?

I only play feral DPS/tank. Honestly as a cat your dps is going to suck, but you bring 3% crit to your melee group and you have fereri fire which is a huge DPS increase for the raid (unless someone’s wep overrides it). Every raid need a feral druid, but your dps will be near the bottom even with pummler.

What do you mean by “demands”? And tbh If I did to Feral DPS Id also probably do some off tanking when demanded, Im not going to be selfish about it since it is the strength of a hybrid class.

Expect to heal a lot. Expect mass MCP farming despite healing a lot. Expect to have a very hard time finding a guild who will take you in that is capable of clearing raid content beyond BWL.

If you set your expectations well then by all means. But I think most feral DPS raiders don’t realize what they’re getting into. At least that’s my experience in my guild.

Do you really see yourself getting ateish though?

But any regular item that is just a stat stick will never outperform the haste given by MCP. As stated the thing about MCP is that it gets MORE valuable over time rather than less. Giving a naxx geared druid 30% haste is more effective than an MC druid.

This is all ignoring the fact that trying to find guilds willing to let you play feral in later content will be increasingly difficult.

I don’t get why BWL is some arbitrary break point with what we understand now in terms of DPS output and potential. Nothing in BWL, AQ40, or Naxx has appreciably higher health such that mechanics are going to slam raids down hard without a raid full of Mages/Rogues/Warriors. If everyone had Patchwerk health then maybe, but with fights like Battleguard having 750k, Princess having 1mil, etc, guilds rocking suboptimal setups will still drop fights in under 2 minutes with ease.

Hand an average raid a bunch of BWL weapons and the varied Hit gear from ZG and BWL, and even more casual guilds are going to steamroll the higher raids, Ferals included.

1 Like

Does it matter? Youll never have Atiesh…

Not using MCP is like a Fury warrior not picking up the Flurry talent. It sucks you need to farm the weapon and all, but this is Classic and it is what it is. If you want to be solid cat dps then you need MCP.

You meant to say WotLK, I think.

Don’t you equip MCP, use the buff, and switch back to your normal weapon anyway though?

Iirc the on use effect drops if you switch weapons.

atiesh is still worse than mcp assuming regular gear levels. The only situation that would make atiesh better is if you somehow managed to acquire it while wearing all greens/blues

It boils down to this: if you don’t want to farm pummelers, roll a rogue. Or a warrior. They both outdps feral anyway.

No - you lose the buff if you swap off the weapon.

Atiesh is useful, but only for PVP stat stick.

Fixing Ferals would be simple if Blizz went towards Classic+. Just give us +20 extra energy on our talent to eliminate the need for the helm and give us a flurry buff similar to a fury warrior whenever we crit to help remove the need for MCP.

2 Likes

Yeah, if Classic plus comes around Feral is one spec they seriously need to fix, among many tbh. And a few they should probably nerf.

The problem with ideas like that is Wolfshead helm and MCP continue to exist, so they would still improve DPS against not using them, unless they are removed or reworked entirely…

well…exactly. Remove the functionality of the items and add those bonuses to be a part of the feral tree to get them more on par. Its clear they need more energy from shifting and some sort of % speed modifier to keep up. Those items are trash for everyone else besides feral, so it wouldn’t alter the game any to alter/remove them.

1 Like

The TLDR is that Feral barely scales at all, the only way to counteract that is through pummelers, so if you really don’t want to farm them i’d advise against going Feral DPS.

I’ve made plenty of suggestions in the past to buff it, it was met with the wall of “NO CHANGUH”.

Rogue/Warrior mains don’t want to see anything else become viable. Its simple as that.

1 Like

I made a resto druid but found by the time I got into my 20s its not easy to quest grind as resto.So I respeced and am going as resto bear hybrid until I hit 60 and can respec into full resto for raids. I wonder if blizz developers ever played a resto druid to see how weak they are as a healer class trying to quest grind their way to 60? Holy Priests, Holy Paladins, and Resto shammys can all quest grind pretty decently but not the resto druid.