Feral And Balance Rewards From The New Mage Tower?

I suppose that Balance at least has the option to dps in a vaguely human form so they can see their mogs, but I’m a little sad that Blizzard didn’t throw ferals a bone here. They have absolutely zero rewards from the new MT.

The ‘glow’ cat model was about as unique as the bear was for druids (it’s the only ‘flashy’ skin ferals have access to).

Certainly it wouldn’t be too much work to come up with a tweaked version of the glow cat model, or something analogous?

(Perhaps one of those funky blue fennec creatures from Shadowlands?)

5 Likes

No it wasn’t

Werebear comes back because it uses a unique skeleton model

That’s justified to come back

Feral druids mage tower skin was just a reskin

The owlkin hidden artifact appearance is more unique and is still available today

1 Like

It’s the only feral form that looks different in combat.

And no, the owlkin appearance is almost indistinguishable from the standard cat form unless you see it up close, from the front.

Again, feral is the only spec that has absolutely no rewards from MT whatsoever. That’s silly.

1 Like

Owlkin is ugly :expressionless:

Sparkle kitty is pretty unique, though not as unique as werebear. I’ll concede on that point. But at the end of the day, feral is in the same boat as guardian where you have a whopping 5 looks with varying colors.

It’s just a shame that feral isn’t getting a recolor too for people who missed it. I’m not going to throw a fit over it, but it’d be nice yanno?

Boomkin is fine. Glyph of stars covers that plenty. And boomkin forms are all ugly anyways, about the only purpose I can see to them is they at least make it obvious if you get knocked outta form from an action.

2 Likes

Justified, you don’t get the feral druid mage tower skin and never will

This is why the werebear is justified like I said

Had there been another Skeleton like model that uses that bear form in BfA/SL, the new werebear model would have never released

1 Like

Not quite:

2 Likes

You mean the form that looks like it came from a PS1 game?

…wait, did they update the fire cat form model?

I mean, that’s just WoW. Sparkle kitty isn’t exactly up for a SFX Emmy either

Can this be used at the barber now?

I…may have to pay Firelands another visit.

Still, it’s really lame to leave ferals entirely out in the cold in terms of the MT.

To be fair, it’s miles ahead of the fire-kitty quality wise. The former looks really low-poly now.

Yep! I think it’s just tied to a staff that drops off Fandral now.

Ehhh I don’t know about that. If you look at the faces they’re pretty similar.

Fire kitty is just a bit fuzzier because of all the particle effects, and because that picture is just someone taking a SS versus the Wowhead model image.

Probably. But again:

• Ferals have zero rewards from the Mage Tower, as things stand.
  • I’d say that the MT cat model is almost as unique as the were-bear.

The legs and body also look a lot smoother. The lower poly count makes the fire cat really jagged and awkward (even moreso than the standard cat form, which can at least use darker forms to make it less apparent).

Regardless, I hope that Blizzard throws cat druids a bone and gives them something appealing from the Mage Tower.

2 Likes

“Balance have the astral form on glyph” Oh yes! The one who just recollor whatever gear you’re using as BLUE? YOU GOING TO RECOLLOR T20 SO BALANCE DRUIDS CAN RECOLOR IT AGAIN TO BLUE.
Very good. Also cool armor set to show off on Feral druids. :call_me_hand:

It is well established that devs hate feral, so this is as expected.

Would be nice to see Druids be able to transform into the Saberon from Warlords again.

For Moonkin, I would just add more glyphs to change colors or something. They don’t need to shower druids with a ton of new appearances. Other classes could use some attention, too.

1 Like

The only reason the bear form is there is because that’s the unique model. Feral’s comes from the hidden appearance. Not MT.

And they need to add back in Claws of Shirvallah form.

Why not?

Other classes have hundreds of times more visual options than druids do.

Uh, no.

Druids are the only shapeshifters in the game, they have some of the most unique armor sets, and they have new travel forms on the way. Among the races that can become druids, they each have very unique transformations and they have the werebear. They have neat glyphs, too.

I would argue that the only class that compares to druids are the warlocks. Everyone else is relatively boring in terms of unique options.

Besides, the werebear form is the only appearance that’s being added to the MT other than the new armor set recolors. It’s not because Druids are lacking in options; it’s because Blizzard knows how unique that model is and are making it available to druid players.

1 Like

Mogs =/= class customization. Druids have their forms + transmog. Yes, you can’t see them in combat, but that’s kind of the druid’s whole identity… to be a shapeshifter. Plus, no one is looking at at my mog while we’re killing the raid boss anyway lol.

I’m not saying druids don’t deserve more appearances (I’m all for everyone getting more), but there’s no doubt that other classes could use some love too. Hunters get 500 pet options, new travel forms are coming + werebear… Would be nice to see others get some love too is all!

How’s that a justification for the other two specs to get neglected?

The new armors are recolors.

He likes glow, you like feathers. What does that have to do with anything?

Uh, yes. If you are a feral or a guardian druid, you don’t ever get to see your mogs in combat.

I am. Being visually distinct in a raid isn’t just cool, it’s sometimes really useful.

1 Like