Felhunter in classic. Worth it?

Hello! I am leveling a warlock in classic currently, and I recently had an interesting conversation with a friend. I told him I’m not planning on running felhunter, and I haven’t even done the quest yet.

My reasoning is because in dungeons I run the imp for stam buff. Questing I run the VW for tank, and for PvP I run Succubus for seduce. If I ever get to raiding I will either run imp in tank group for stam, or will run succubus sacrifice for that sweet shadow damage. I don’t see felhunter as useful as the other pets in these situations.

He insists the felhunter is worth it, that in raiding it will be good, and that it tanks better than the voidwalker and overall is the best pick, but that’s really about all he told me.

So what exactly is it that makes felhunter worth it and better than other pets in these scenarios? Sure, interrupting a spell would be handy, or eating a negative effect. But I don’t feel like it puts felhunter above the other pets most of the time. What reasons can you guys give me to run felhunter? What is so good about it?

Hey there, if you like to PvP, then Felhunter is a must have :))
If you plan on running AQ its nice if your going to spec into Master Demonologist for the 60 resist buffs, and if you plan on being the Warlock Tank for Twin Emps, its almost a must have. If you don’t plan on doing any of the above listed, then I also don’t see a point