Fel Scars : Warlocks in SoD

Season of Grind!

Like we have no lives right blizzard?

It’s a complete joke the Mara dagger and this Fel Scar dagger have retarded drop rates. Good stuff!

You’re doing it completely wrong.

Groups are better. Spread across the zone and watch for scars. Use Unitscan. When you find one, the group rallies to the spot. When everyone is ready enter the scar. Now go grind mobs and the timer will reduce to 10 minutes. While grinding mobs locate next scar. When everyone’s imp returns, take the bag from it and everyone enter the new scar.

The low level indicator is a bug.

It is still a stupid mechanic and the drop rates are horrible, but what you describe is wrong.

There are a few flaws with this farm I have been doing this farm “completely optimized” now for 2 weeks. I average 6-8 portals per hour and I have over 120 hours of farming exclusively these portals. I have seen every single blue BOE and BOP that comes out of these portals and still no dagger after at least 700+ draws. There is quite a few ways blizzard could improve this farm drastically.

1. They could simply raise the drop rate like the BoED or Sul’Thraz even pushing it to 0.5% would be amazing!
  2. They could allow World Core fragments to be currency to buy the Epic BOP or even Blue BOP items make it 100 fragments for a Blue BOP and 500 for the Epic BOP doesn’t matter at least I have another goal to work towards if my RNG doesn’t Give it to me first.
  3. Shorten the time it takes your imp to explore a portal as he gains experience could be a fun mechanic where our imps could have more to them than the name “Explorer Imp” and the ability to bring us endless trash.

I don’t think the dagger is something that should be such a hard grind mostly for the seasonal aspect of the server. It is the BIS mitigation dagger for Meta Locks and I think that means it should be relatively attainable to most COMMITED Meta Locks, but there is a big difference between committed and insane. All of you phase 3 SOD time should not be having to go farm the dagger for a chance to get it before its obsolete. Blizzard is teasing every Meta Lock finally with a good looking effective tank weapon for them and it can be very demoralizing to work so hard to get it but see no reward. I personally am gonna keep farming it because I am crazy but I hope Blizzard can hear these endless pleas and do something to help us Meta Locks enjoy phase 3 more!

2 Likes

Sounds like a personal problem.

You realize you dont need to do any of those things right? Like you will be ok without that dagger.

If its not fun, dont do it. You choose to farm for this item because of reasons. Imagine going that hard and then you just replace it first upgrade at 60, so what was the point of putting yourself through all that stress?

The most valuable comodity that all humans have is time. Thats why we are paid for it. You cannot get this time back. Put your time into things that make you feel good and better the souls around you.

Even if u do it in a group , its the same wait time, the same drop chance…
u just have company as u grind in a group.

The dagger is a deliberate time sink, which I fell for as well. Did it for a few days and realized that, went and got blade from princess instead, far better use of time since drop rate was increased.

Why can’t we just trade worldcore stacks for it from a merchant somewhere…

It baffles me how this Classic team didn’t look at weapon quests of the past like Quel’Serrar and give us something slightly interesting as to how to obtain this unique dagger. Could have just been a quest item with a decent drop chance but a lengthy process or required some raid steps, something simple. But no, have fun farming scars and doing nothing fun or of value while you wait for another scar to pop.

For the past 2 phases, warlocks turn into a big cool purple demon to tank, but their bis weapons are little tooth picks that look silly for a big buff tank to use. We get something to match how cool the meta form looks and the process to get it is abysmal.

Up the drop rate or let us turn in something for it.

1 Like