Feign Death

I am SO sick and TIRED of this spell not working the way it is supposed to. I understand there are some NPCs you can Feign Death… but even just regular mobs!! It works 35% of the time.

1 Like

Guess its a good time for you to re-roll out of a hunter. I see you have a level 100 shaman so you going in the right direction.

1 Like

The NPC’s who are guards at Flight Points (pesky turtles) aren’t fooled by Feign Death. Also, it drops aggro on you, but not necessarily on your pet.

In the Legion Hunter Class hall there was a Vendor who sold an ability called Play Dead, its feign death for your pet.

#showtooltip
/cast Play Dead

Activate it once and your pet drops to the ground “dead”. Also, the tooltip and icon will change to “Wake Up”. Activate the macro again and it will wake the pet up (no need to change the macro to be wake up). Don’t accidentally trigger this in combat, because your pet will stop responding to every command until you wake it up.

1 Like

#showtooltip Feign Death
/cast Feign Death
/cast Play Dead

Hitting this macro again will bring your pet out of Play Dead (Wake Up)

Won’t work on everything, but it does work for me often.

5 Likes

For the record, make sure this is a seperate macro. i doubt you want to use this while doing solo content and reset a mob when all you wanted to do was put the aggro back on your pet

Having this + regular feign death should suit most of your needs

4 Likes

One is shift6 the other is alt6 for me.

Make sure you are standing still before using fd too. It often fails if you try to use it while moving.

yeah this too, it’s about a 1s delay before it actually takes effect

35% of the time, it works everytime… Problem that hunters have faced since vanilla. Try not to pop up too early but it’s hot garbage… welcome to the struggle.

What Aewendil said. Do not move and that includes lifting your finger off of the right mouse button you are using to turn. You must consciously stop and pause before you FD - otherwise it often fails.

It isn’t right but it is what it is.

Feign death is freaking op compared to mage you just get dismounted and die because it takes 3 seconds to go invisible

I see people complaining about Feign Death for years, and I never had any issue with it.

Try using this trick: Just before pressing the button, completely remove your hand from your mouse. ANY mouse movement will cancel it.

So, multiple things. First, if your right mouse button is down when you Feign Death, releasing it or moving the mouse at all will cancel Feign. Second, Feign takes a second or so to actually register, for no readily apparent reason, so you have to stay Feigned for a moment in order for the threat to drop. Third, some mobs (notably Reaping packs) are completely immune to Feign.

Thanks, I took yours and added a line, it works perfectly.

#showtooltip Feign Death
/cancelaura Feign Death
/cast Feign Death
/cast Play Dead

For cosmetic purpose of course.

Due to MM being a thing, I add an additional line to the start:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death
/cast Play Dead

Aborts Steady and Aimed Shot casts so you can Feign in a hurry.

As a side note, you can leave the #showtooltip line empty. If you don’t give it an argument, it automatically selects whatever ability it’ll be casting first in the macro. Since that’s unconditionally Feign Death in this case, adding “Feign Death” to the showtooltip line doesn’t actually do anything that a naked #showtooltip wouldn’t already be doing.