Feign Death + Trap Bug

Just because it’s classic doesn’t mean they really care.

F–WORD THAT IS NOT ALLOWED --ED

We played all the way up to now, the little changes were ok, I don’t mind not being able to hop up on the waterfall. Looks good,feels smooth. hit 32 and WTF???

I believe the quote from vanilla time when all the Melee complained was “Working As Intended”.

SO Make it work as intended please, or were gonna call the red shirt guy.

This is a HUGE thing.

1 Like

Can be forced to work with this macro

/Cast Feign Death
/cast Pet Passive
/cast Freezing Trap

SOMETIMES

but vanilla you could cast it easy peasy while running, without a macro, i didnt know about macros, i used 2 binds.

can confirm. FD is complete booty and NOT how it was in original classic.

This severly changes the hunters usefulness in pve and pvp and makes me not want to play this game.

5 Likes

Yup… Can confirm this is completely unusable in PvP.

Been dueling a Warrior repeatedly just to test it with auto swings. If you dont FD at the perfect moment they still hit you and keep you in combat. Equally, if your pet has hit or been hit in the last 1.5-2.5sec (seriously wtf with the delay on EVERYTHING in Classic?) you can FD… your trap is highlighted… however it will NOT drop a trap during that time.

This has made PvPing vs Rogues and Warriors completely and utterly pointless as we have ZERO way to disengage and get range. I never played Legion, BFA, and majority of WOD… however I can say this has and was never an issue with my Hunter since 2005.

Get this bogus #@$% garbage retail Legion FD @!#$ out of Classic… Private servers actually did the FD/Trap better than Blizzard, and that says a whole damn lot.

6 Likes

replying for more visibility

It would be nice to get an official acknowledgement of the issue seeing as it’s a core mechanic and this conversation has been going for a week now. I’m tired of having to tell groups about the bug when a trap doesn’t happen in combat, and 50% of the time I PvP a melee I wish I had just rolled lock instead.

Yup, we need confirmation this will be looked at/fixed, else let us know now so we can all reroll and stop wasting our time.

Tested last night w/ warrior friend.

Had him stand there and not attack while I auto attacked him. Had no pet out either. I would FD and remain in combat unable to trap until 5 seconds had passed.

-_-

Someone posted this macro in one of these threads and it has been working for me in PvE. Have not tested it in PvP yet.

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/cleartarget
/petpassive
/cast [combat] Feign Death
/cast Freezing Trap
/petpassive

1 Like

I’ll give this a shot tonight and see how it works. Cheers.

Can confirm there’s a significant delay before FD makes you leave combat which makes FD+trap very unreliable. Hurts hunters quite a bit in PVP.

2 Likes

Unplayable.

Hunter is garbage at pvp right now because of this, how can private servers work better than the official server?

2 Likes

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/cleartarget
/petpassive
/cast [combat] Feign Death
/cast Freezing Trap
/petpassive

I confirmed that this works for me in PvE as well as PvP. Try it out and leave your feedback please.

2 Likes

can we get an official response…?

2 Likes

Hunters were the most complicated class in Vanilla, and only hunters that played a lot back in vanilla know that reality. This is also why changes to hunter later on after Vanilla were lame, because it felt like the class was becoming monotonous to play.

Right now combat just seems somewhat more sluggish than it was originally, like there is weird delays ever so often. I really think blizzards newer emulated combat systems is struggling to recreate things, and hunter is suffering the hardest.

Good Hunters really excel in PvP when they can control things with CC abilities, and this hurts them on that level.

I really hate to say this, but this is specifically why all these Mages and Priests are everywhere… because they are so simple to get results with. Hunters were always the weird class to play in vanilla and everyone just throws around memes where a hunter pet ruined their experience. Many never really understood how Hunters had all this crazy stuff they needed to manage.

7 Likes

I feel it works more reliably when I recall my pet prior to macro mashing and completely take my hand off my mouse. Not 100%, but more reliably.

Can confirm this is working much better, I was able to freeze a druid that jumped me in stealth

This didn’t work for me. I’ll have to try it again.