Feign Death - no animation, nothing happens

After Feign Death is used I get a -combat prompt but then a +combat and just stand there. No animation or resist but just standing there, also no FD buff that shows in the buff list even if it’s resisted. Skill was set to cool down but combat log shows no FD was cast. video can be found at
imgur(dot)com/a/PxWGQ6V

2 Likes

Thats the 700 post thread on the subject. Come hang out and cry with the rest of us as blizz watches us suffer.

2 Likes

I wanted to make a new post because I have video of standing still, 1 press of FD and nothing happens. Subbed to a bunch of threads.

1 Like

We should just make as many threads as possible IMO.

THEN THEY’LL LISTEN.

THEN THEY’LL REALLY LISTEN.

1 Like

Feign death worked fine using the original 1.12 reference client. You know, the one from 2004. The same one we used to connect to private servers for the past 5 years.

1 Like

Can we just fire whoever the monkeys banging on keyboards are that comprise the blizzard team and hire the people behind the private servers already?

1 Like

1.12 was 2006 btw.

Spell batching or some iteration thereof, appears to be the problem in the main. Evidently aggro drops/cc/interrupts are not actually resulting in aborting an incoming attack. It’s very possible that the queued move just goes off regardless of what you do.

So…my basic understanding of spell batching is that it’s essentially manufactured latency where there is none. If so - what a stupid thing to implement.
It’s funny how both vanish and FD are plagued by this. 2 of the most useful abilities to avoid a repair bill and thus saving the players gold, and time. Which means we’re able to avoid setbacks. If anything, it’s in blizzard’s interest not to fix this or to drag their arses, since the longer we’re corpse running, the less time we’re making actual progress in game. Gotta keep those sub dollars rolling in.

1 Like

It’s not just vanish and FD… poly will sheep a mob, but the mob’s attack will continue after it is sheeped! A trapped mob will also continue its attack.

Never saw anything like this in Vanilla or in any game.

2 Likes

Forget that. We just need the private servers to come back online. Let the retail fanbois have their fun with the botched up legion client. They seem to enjoy it.

2 Likes