Feels like all the effort went into Enhancement

I am maining shaman in DF and am having a blast playing Enhancement, with the large number of skills that “feel” relevant and the overall complexity of the class.

I want to play all 3 specs. Restoration is decent, but my big headscratcher is Elemental. it just feels so…dull in comparison to Enhancement. There aren’t many skills that set it apart. It is basically the same as my Resto’s dps rotation (which is supposed to be simple) but with the addition of Earth Shock and the lava pet. Which just feels bare.

I fully acknowledge that I may be missing something but am curious what others think. I am almost wondering if the intent is for Ele to be a snoozefest just to accommodate for the complexity of Enhancement. But the sense I get is that a lot more effort was put into Enhancement by the devs.

1 Like

i am currently lvling as elemental and i don’t get what you are trying to say, elemental is farm from being a snoozefest, its the first time in many xpacs that i have so much fun with the spec

Ele feels too specialized.

What I do like:
The synergy you get from weaving. lvb buffing nature (MotE) and LB/CL (PotM) and ES/EQ buffing (SoP)(LR). IF buffing LvB and CL

It really brings weaving and my idea of Elememtal Master into focus. When you get LR/SoP/PotM buffs and cast an SK LB it just feels really really good. Just as good as machine gunning buffed meatballs.

What I don’t like:

If you don’t spend every point to buff LvB then the dmg is very underwhelming. The downside when you do go LvB (:fire:) heavy you gimp your nature LB/CL dmg to the point it becomes underwhelming to cast.

I also don’t like Lava resurgence not working with EQ.

Finally I don’t like running a LvB (:fire:) heavy build and LMT only spreads 3 FS and it isn’t smart targeted. And without LMT you are stuck using SoP and Pwave to spread FS which really makes ramp up insanely long

Which is where I think

Comes from.

I am hoping with extra talent points we can find a balance. I havent played at max level but right now my thought is to keep my SK/PotM/LR/MwF build and skip Pwave talents to add MotE and LvB talents to find a balance.

My issue with Pwave is that I only REALLY want it for the haste buff. 4 points for an extra FS and on demand DRE + haste buff really is beginning to look less and less appealing as I am leveling.

Primordial surge is great damage for PvP but I’ve tried a few dungeons and damage seemed tedious.

Ele needs a good defensive and some talent point allocation switches but I don’t see them doing either

1 Like

Try the fire build. It’s amazing and feels incredible