Feeling a bit lost

I’ve recently decided to get back into WoW after a long hiatus and I’m feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed. I want to make a new toon and start from the ground up but I’m not entirely sure where to start with this.

My current toon and former main doesn’t feel enjoyable to play because it was boosted and I’m really lost in regards to content and the sheer amount I’ve missed makes me want to start over completely. I’ve always been rather casual when it comes to WoW but I’d like to try and become more involved and engaged with the game.

I’m interested in some class suggestions and learning how to better cope with the overwhelming feel of endgame content, and learning about resources to better learn the game and my class I choose.

Thank you in advance.

Endgame towards the end of an expansion can be very overwhelming as you have multiple patches of content and systems thrown at you all at once at max level. (Heck, it can be a bit much for alts for people who have been playing all expansion.)

As a more casual player, you have the advantage of now worrying about efficiency, so when you get to max level you can just explore and not stress about if you’re following the fastest path to gear. If you’ve done some dabbling, all those guides will make more sense.

At this point in the expansion, there is of course a much slower option. Spend the rest of the expansion leveling up several different characters to max but don’t worry about the end game stuff (unless something catches your interest.) You’ll get a sense of what you like, and will have a few options open in the next expansion should any class changes in Shadowlands change your opinion. You’ll be in a great position to start Shadowlands, where you can learn end game stuff as it comes with everyone else instead of trying to catch up on multiple patches worth of systems.

4 Likes

I’m a little late here…but if you’re still feeling lost, just make a toon on Moon Guard and whisper me, I’ve normally got time to talk, and my guild has a experienced guardian druid and destruction warlock in it, and me a Hunter to answer class questions.