Feeling 800 Stings, I guess:

The part where that’s not now what you said lol

You said all 8000 hours were being spent on the game being “tested or polished”

It was like 3 posts earlier you said that. Come on dude

1 Like

Bellular, one of the most trusted wow youtuber and who know people in Blizzard and petty much a really good source of information at what is happening behind scenes , he agrees with you.

9 Likes

Stop arguing semantics, will you? The point that I’m getting across is clear enough and people can probably understand it’s not all one department, but various. My own linked sources also state this.

If you white knight any harder, you’ll become a brown poster.

9 Likes

All those articles they linked never even gave a breakdown between what games lost what people.

It’s not semantics. It’s details and they matter.

200 people being made redundant from qa is different from 200 people from advertising.

We don’t knkw where they left from so you are making it up. I’m just calling you out on that

5 Likes

I remain convinced, and patch 8.3 has only reinforced my theory, that some time ago, senior management decided that PTR testing was to be used for identifying major game breaking issues and to feed the hype train, but not much beyond that.

As a result, I believe that they made a management decision that the real testing for bugs and accumulation of data for balancing and tuning would just be done during the first few weeks of a major content release. How many times have they said that they can’t find all the issues/bugs, do balancing, do tuning, etc., with the “limited” players that actually try out the PTR?

This is why, as a dirty, filthy, knuckle dragging, widow licking, LFR hero casual player, I generally avoid most new content immediately after release. I’m doing that this time around, too, but even I didn’t anticipate how long some major issues, like those with the AH, would take to resolve, and so my two days off of selling my goods and wares turned out not to be long enough. But that’s on me as I was fully aware that this expansion has dutifully lived up to it’s moniker of Beta for Azerite, so my lost gold is just the reminder I need to never forget that Blizz will live down to the low expectations that we’ve come to expect regarding the quality of what they release.

What little new stuff I’ve done so far, well, it’s really frustrating to run into issues, only to look it up on Wowhead and find that I’m not being a big dumb cow, but instead its a known bug, and then really disheartening to often times read that the bug was reported back during PTR testing but still hasn’t been fixed.

And to add insult to injury, to have to pay to play a beta, well, that’s something I am loathe to partake in. But I feel the pain for the more serious players and those that push content and need to play from hour one of a new major patch to suffer through all the problems.

Still, just so frustrating and disheartening to see the game on this path and to go through the same cycle of issues every expansion, major patch, and even activation of features previously patched into the game.

/moo :cow:

12 Likes

Here you go ppl saying 600 of those were from customer service.

You do realize Activsion fired 600 CS reps cause they decided they weren’t necessary.

CS reps did not get fired last year, there were some from community and esports. The last round of layoffs in CS was so long ago that i’m not even sure it is even rel event

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard about the staff cuts; but now the design choices make sense. No new talents in the talent tree. So less development and testing needed. 8.3 no new zones (just reuse of existing) so less development and testing needed. All content is ultimately funneled through these few currency systems, so again less development and testing needed…

3 Likes

Fired: Not doing your job at the Company anymore. Dont get paid. Cant collect unemployment.
Laid off: Not doing your job at the Company anymore. Dont get paid. CAN collect unemployment.

It is techanically the same.

1 Like

Being fired is basically saying “you suck, get out!”

Lay offs tend to happen because the company literally can’t afford to keep a certain number of employees.

So yeah, there is a difference.

I was thinking about the 800 QC people they laid off. Guess it was worth it in savings compared to what they might lose by putting out broken content like 8.3 with all the bugs I’ve been seeing floating around on the forums and such.

But…but…but…they said they were hiring 20% more devs.

In context to the OPs post, it has no difference at all.

1 Like

I stabbed a guy to death, he can no longer continue living.

A guy passed away in his sleep, he can no longer continue living.

It is technically the same.

Nah, 800 people in general. Specifically, some that was liaisons between players and people in the company. You know, some of the blues that read the forums and let the head folks know about what players were angry about?

As well as some quality control. I can’t see how that’d backfire. Ever.

4 Likes

Result wise? Exactly the same.

1 Like

800 people over ALL their games.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: k

Interesting fact, you can also skin them for their pelts as well, Anyways, I was talking about todays broken dailies, Kill 6 Elites, but they bug out around 50% and no longer are targeted able,  dig up 6 relics, welp considering its a poopie storm in chat about that quest being broken. Im going to take what happening in real time..

And just what do their games look like right now?

Overwatch is dying to the point where they have to release a sequel - their updates and balancing were terrible.

Hearthstone got kicked in the teeth and became more and more of a money grab.

Heroes of the Storm? Heroes of the what-now?

World of Warcraft’s quality has dropped immensely.

13 Likes