Feeling 800 Stings, I guess:

I might have done the same but I just used my boost on a vulpera and don’t think I can refund now.

I think the patch is fine.

The AH seems to be having some issues but other than that and some over tuned corruption abilities, I see nothing wrong here.

1 Like

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/16/18226581/activision-blizzard-layoffs-executive-pay-unions

It included quality control as well.

5 Likes

I noted that

Well I just looked it up for OP, only 209 blizzard employees were laidoff and some of those were from marketing, customer service, finance, mobile as well as IT and quality insurance.

So no not 800 employees from quality insurance.

4 Likes

I gave you several links. The titles of which state:

12 months of record-setting financial performance + 800 people laid off = one terrible week

8 Likes

I havnt seen or heard anyone complaining about that in guild. You know the hyenas don’t drop the pelts it’s the hunters you have to kill right?

1 Like

Poor people lost their quality insurance.

2 Likes

Yes so that includes all their games. I assume you know that they make other games under the Activision/Blizzard umbrella.

If I cut off 8% of your body randomly.

Even if it’s just 200-something from the WoW team?

40 hour week? That’s 8,000 hours per week that aren’t being tested or polished.

4 Likes

Can I have your stuff then?
When you come back by 9.1 I promise to give most of it back.

In the tech industry, QA is the department that is tasked with finding, reproducing, and documenting bugs and issues. They’re responsible for testing systems, finding break points, and depending on if a business hires real QA people versus 20 teenagers who sit in a room straffing into invisible walls all day, build tools to test systems and mechanics en masse and under a variety of stresses.

QA, in the tech industry, has nothing to do with what you are describing. You’re describing an Internal Audit department, or an IG.

15 Likes

That 200 from WoW wasn’t all from quality control. It was from various areas.

2 Likes

What part of 8,000 hours a week less being spent on a game in a whole is not getting through to you?

Over a month - that’s 32,000 hours of lost productivity. Over the 3 or 4 months between the patches? That’s lowball 96,000 hours.

6 Likes

True in technicality, but not in spirit.

From a consumer standpoint QA being fired or laid off produces the exact same effect.

8 Likes

The part where you are making up numbers in your head to support your position.

1 Like

I literally linked you sources. You outright denied the sources. Now you’re continuing a strawman. No more replies for you.

16 Likes

Yeah one no longer has a job they worked at and the other oh wait.

7 Likes

Good. I like that solution.

1 Like

Yeah no it’s still two very different things.