Feel the need to use race specific pets and mounts only

I dont know if this is common, but I feel the need to only use race specific mounts and pets on my characters. For example on this character, i only use the hyena mounts or an alpaca mount for land mount, and I found that i like new flying mount that looks like a fox. i dont remember the name of it. you get it from selling different meats to some guy in dragons expansion.

anyways, i have so many mounts and cool pets, like i love the green vulpin and blue vulpin mounts and i have them as pets. i love the different colorful crabs and different bears or turtles. however, i feel like i can use them because they arent matching with a vulpera character.

i wish there was a way for me to break this in my head. i dont even play on an RP server anymore but I can’t break that RP thought process

1 Like

What do you do for dragonflying then? I don’t see anything wrong with your choice for a given character.

1 Like

I tend to start out using mounts according to the character’s race or class if the mount is not… ugly or awkward, but then if I get one that I think suites them better, I will go with that.

Out of my ten Alliance characters, six use race or class specific mounts. And this character does use a horse, just not one of her race specific ones.

Out of my six Horde characters, four use race or class specific mounts.

Pets are a free-for-all.

1 Like

As a hunter or rogue, I’d feel free to use ANY mount or pet. Hunters can say they tamed it, rogues can say they stole it (maybe from the hunter). Make them engineers to explain robotic mounts/pets. Voila.

As for the rest of the races and classes, I do the same thing. So I went with a Druid main so I don’t have to worry about the correct mount anymore lol.

I tend towards using pets and mounts appropriate for the setting. My hunter always feels goofy about shooting bow under water, let alone having pet tigers and owls fighting underwater. So I always switch to crab or crocodilian pets for those quests.

Dragon mounts in the Dragon Isles make sense for most (all?) characters. We are guests and our mounts are our guides. I name mine and work up their own backstories. Zara’s young blue dragon mount is Emmigosa, the wee blue I (we) rescued back in Legion. She is grown enough to carry me now, and eager to accompany me, but I had to promise Senegos I would keep her out of combat (hence she doesn’t help after I land).

I don’t engage in RP at all, but my characters’ mount and in the case of the hunters I have, all have backstories or RP reasons coded.

I have a night elf hunter that has two Owls as hunter pets, and the mount is a Hippogryph, the one from legion Timewalking vendor.

My other hunter is a mechagnome, survival hunter, his pet is the standard starting mechanical dog thing and his flying mount is a mechanical dragon.

They are lvl 50, so they haven’t done dragon isles leveling yet (i leveled them back in bfa, before the level squish), so Like every other character, dragon riding mounts are just temporary help until dynamic flight becomes a thing for regular mounts.