Feedback Wanted: Further Adjustments to Layer Behavior in Stranglethorn Vale - February 23, 2024

-I got into STV about 10min prior to the event starting, I had been in a group for 40 minutes prior. Upon arrival and meet-up, I could only ever see one other person in my party, and that person couldn’t see anyone else either. After relogging and reinviting 3 times, I could see everyone else finally! Except that one guy… he was SOL. However, the new layer was so terribly congested the spell delay was up to a minute long of buffering and at no point during the entire event could I control my character’s movement unfortunately, making it very unplayable. It seemed that others were just fine and could do much more to me than I could to them. The exact second that the sky was no longer red, all issues went away 95% better… sus.

-The entire layer was teleporting around and running in place and struggling though either way, my entire group got hard griefed because we could never see eachother or group up properly prior to the event. The layer boss won even though we were there ahead of time.

-We were all in STV and had been grouped way prior to the event starting. We decided to meet up at the north area of the zone, but it unfortunately never worked out :frowning:

-I experienced this plague during the afternoon blood moon earlier today. So what, 3pm server I believe it is?

-I am on Crusader Strike (alliance), however I heard from others on different servers that the lag was terrible today too and it hasn’t been that bad in a while etc, people in chat were also saying how the lag hasn’t been this bad since release. It definitely killed any hype I had for the event after seeing how it went today, I’m now dreading trying to farm the stuff that I see as being required to have (or else why play if I won’t get all the best rewards I can), but hoping it will improve next time.

Living Flame US 6:05 PM server time til 6:30 PM near ZG with Loa boss. All players blinking around spell casts delayed by several seconds anywhere near Loa. Around 6:05 PM group that was formed 30 minutes prior to event was layered apart and a couple were able to drop group and reinvite to relayer. I personally did not drop group and was on a separate layer the entire time during the event. When the event works it’s a blast but these results have happened separately nearly every event. First time having it all happen simultaneously.

1. I wasn’t layered with my group despite being in the group 10 minutes before the event, lag was… 3 to 5 seconds.
  2. More than just me, I assume.
  3. I was in the mid east of STV, around ogre mound resurrection shrine.
  4. 12:00AM server
  5. Living Flame US

Garbage fixes, made the already kind of garbage event even more garbage.

1 Like

Living Flame (US)
12 AM Server Time
STV Event was very laggy with 3-5 second input delay. The event has never lagged this late at night before. It seemed like the event was super crowded as well.

Same Living Flame (US) 6pm server. Layer is dead, not seeing anyone compared to the hundreds I saw last night… I guess if you show up late it puts you on dead layer. I want to play and collect blood…

that sounds a whole lot like…a beta test. FROM MY EXPERIENEC. SO THAT THIS SI HELPFUL>

1 Like

We do that and still get layered. I can’t be as specific as you want with stuff that has already happened, but I will do my best. We were never all on the same layer. So our grp had 3 ppl already in stv, approx 30 mins before start, and then two more came over. When we all ran to the meeting point, we seen each other for a second then all started bouncing around layers. We were never able to be on the same layer with anyone in our group for more than a few seconds. We bounced around lead, left and reinvited and would get layered over and over again.

The location was the entirety of stv. Even in the camp we were not together.

Can we have some way of having all member of a grp on the same layer and if too many on that layer move the whole grp to another layer, not just a player please? I’ve also experienced the issue in phase 1 while trying to run sfk, couldn’t summon cause we were all on different layers.

1 Like
  • Extreme ability lag, very hard to get any kills or blood.
  • Everyone on layer.
  • STV during Blood event
  • 2/24/2024 3:00AM->3:30AM server
  • Crusader Strike-US
  • Please describe the behavior or experience in as great a detail as possible.
  • Who was impacted by that behavior?
  • Where were the players who were impacted located?
  • What day and time (server time) did the issue occur?
  • What realm are you on?

Zoned into Booty Bay off the ratchet boat at 3:25am server time. Crusader Strike US Layer 1.
I was a solo player trying to do my quest turn in, but hoped to get in a little bit of PVP before the event ended.
The game was really bad/unplayable with the scrum on the boat and bad ability lag making fighting possible. I could not get into melee with other players because of abilities not being able to go off until they were already out of range again while being killed via instant cast ranged dots that they could just kite around forever. There were roughly 10-15 people on the boat and what appeared to be at least 20 more in booty bay proper once I rezzed

• Please describe the behavior or experience in as great a detail as possible.

My group arrived at STV approximately 45 minutes prior to the event starting at 6ST on lone wolf. We did this anticipating layering issues if we arrived later. The second person to get there was stuck on later 3 while the rest of us were on layer 1. He arrived to the zone second, but the rest of us didn’t have problems.

Following this we picked up another guy and tried to play the event with our location being in a relatively unpopulated area south of mosh ogg ogre area in STV near the troll ruins. The lag was so bad we were unable to play the game in any meaningful way. I opened with a cheap shot and the count down on the debuff timer got to -15 before the debuff went away on my target. I wasn’t able to open on other people due to the significant input lag. We eventually just quit and left because of the issues.

Gorm - lone wolf (layering issues)
    Verath - lone wolf (input lag)
    Onlyplants - lone wolf (input lag)
    Bicz - lone wolf (input lag)
    Oníchan - lone wolf (input lag)

STV south of mosh ogg near the troll ruins.

6 pm server time on Friday 23 of February 2024

• What realm are you on?

Lone wolf

Crusader Strike - Alliance
Multiple players over multiple zones (STV, Desolace, Thousand Needles, Ashenvale)
All day since server reset on Fri (0700 PST)
Layered multiple times for no apparent reason to appear in a group of mobs or multiple enemy players. In and out of combat, a large lag spike is usually a precursor of layering randomly, possibly being disconnected post layer resulting in death a couple of times.

5:00pm EST Friday - Crusader Strike
Our 4th and 5th we’re unable to layer to our other 3 in party at the Gurubashi Arena. The 4th was in our group 10-15 minutes before the event started and our 5th was invited at 4:57pm EST. Neither were able to join us for the entire event. At 5:15 pm EST, I was layered off from my party’s layer after accepting chain spirit rez near Gorillas by Gurubashi Arena. We were all on Discord, this actually happened, not user error/confusion. The event was also extremely laggy the entire time. Felt like playing with 400-500 ms ping. We then disbanded group.

8:00pm EST Friday - Crusader Strike
Party worked fine, but felt like playing with 400-500 ms ping.

The event was good for a couple days before these changes. Not sure what happened. Also… some general feedback for the event… more players does not equal better IMO. Allow some skill to be involved rather than just a mosh pit of people killing what they can and then dying over and over again. When the event wasn’t fully focused around the LOA and you could 5v5 vs another team then go to the next team a few seconds down the road, it was in it’s best place for actual PvP. The LOA moshpit meta isn’t fun. It turned the event from actual PvP into mostly a chore.

Also, let us buff and give us the BG no mana cost buff during the pacify phase. My party respawns near the LOA and we spend 30 seconds trying to avoid teams to buff, drink, and heal up. Respawning with half HP and no buffs only adds to the run in, kill what you can, and die meta (even with a very coordinated group it’s difficult to regroup, buff, etc). I can only imagine how pug groups go.

Was unable to “accept” my res after running back to my corpse, clicking the button did nothing and I was forced to run all the way back to the spirit healer to res. Only effected me. Happened just below the eastern beach alter. Was during the noon (12:00pm Feb24) event on living flame.

Can we get improved blood rates for being outside of group?

Today at 3PM Bloodmoon Layer 4 of Lone Wolf US was unplayable today.

• 5-man party
  • Crusader Strike, 3-3:30 PM Server time
  • Experienced input lag of up to 5 seconds and delays registering actions everywhere we went, from Kurzen’s camp to Nessingway’s to the troll altar and near the murlocs. Miserable experience.

This is a good suggestion

Just lock the layers of groups as they form, and reserve headspace in the layer to have a full 5 once 2 or 3 are grouped. New additions should always be able to join their groups later.

If that’s not possible due to existing reservations, punch the whole group to a new layer - it’s not changing layers that’s the issue, it’s changing layers unexpectedly.

Worst outcome is splitting a group across layers, so make adjustments that avoid that.

Very few people are chopping and changing members once the event starts - just lock the layers of people in groups till the end, or 5 mins past or whatever.

You also don’t need to worry about raids, as no one is forming them. Put them as a priority under grouping.

I was in a group of 5 during the STV event 2/24 at 2 PM Pacific. The Loa spawned near the Ruins of Aboraz on the southeast beach. 200 players swarmed the area, chain body rezzing right on top of the altar and spamming AoE skills over and over and over again.

Zero fun was had by anyone. Lag was horrendous. You just rezzed, dunked as many coins as you could, and died within a few seconds.

Get rid of the Loa. Get rid of altars. Make it a zone-wide event where everyone gets 15 copper coins per kill. This is not fun.

Keruptkin - US Wild Growth
    Gurubashi Arena inside on the stands
    9pm Server STV 23-2-2024 - Slightly Before
  • What realm are you on?
    Wild Growth

Had our 5th not able to make it to our layer, I gave him lead and we relogged and it put us on his layer. 2ish minutes before it started it relayered me off of his layer until I relogged again.

Great idea from another thread.

“Get rid of the Loa and triple the coin value zone-wide. Get rid of the altars too. Just make every kill worth 15 copper coins. Let us roam and have small 5v5 battles. Loa + alter meta is not PvP.”

Very true as well. Loa+Altar moshpit isn’t PvP and it’s not fun, at all.