Hey everyone,

This recent Frostfire tree was pretty good, and it inspired me to make my own.
Here is my tree for Sunfury (version 1): https://imgur.com/gallery/g1qTGmy
Here is my UPDATED Sunfury based on feedback (version 2): https://imgur.com/gallery/2LKcRBv

Let me know your thoughts!

2 Likes

Meteor is disruptive to radiant spark, getting totm when you cast meteor is a bit op for fire.

Full cast while moving during arcane blast/fireball is beyond anything they would reasonably allow especially with mage already having the best movement of any caster.

Flashpoint has 0 value for arcane because presence of mind doesnt make arcane blast cast any faster (if you also made it increase crit chance arcane blast that’d be both A) a callback to prior talents and B) nice to have as a buff both to the 3 PoM you want granted by surge, and the 2 used elsewhere).

I like the Detonation and Superheated Explosion Combo though.

1 Like

at a quick glance, wayyyy too powerful on almost all of them

I keep seeing these types of comments on my suggestions and those of others (i.e. vandiril’s post).

Power is completely irrelevant. I can literally take the combust when you lust talent and say “But this combustion only grants you 5% effectiveness” (i.e. 5% crit) and boom the talent went from OP to garbage.

It’s not about the number here, it’s the ideas and rotation changes (i.e. using Arcane Surge’s upfront damage twice, getting a 5th Arcane charge during surge windows, etc.)

Now you’re obviously free to disagree with the idea (which is completely fair), but keep in mind numbers are just that; and can easily be tweaked up or down

1 Like

Aren’t we jumping the gun here? Shouldn’t we let them release their version of it first before offering feedback?

1 Like

It’s not feedback, I’m just making a tree

1 Like

Oh you meant to give feedback on your thing! The title confused me, haha.

Interesting ideas but I was really hoping there would be something that gives Arcane access to Phoenix’s Flames, given the Sunfury connection with Kael’thas.

P.S. I for one am not at all concerned with Hero Talents making mages too powerful, lol. If anything, with Blizzard’s track record they’d somehow manage to make us even weaker.

2 Likes

you misunderstand, it’s not about the numbers at all, this just gives too much, it’s more like a fun wishlist really, without any balancing

Getting the other spec’s ultimate cooldown after entering time warp is way too strong, as is getting time warp
getting prismatic barrier every time you shimmer is very strong
I like Black Hole but you don’t need 3 min cooldown for that, now that one would be too weak
Sun King’s Fury would lead to such a strong combustion rotation with the phoenix blast charge returning
some of the ideas with the arcane surge explosion are neat and the blazing speed/dragon talent

But this literally existed, and wasn’t even picked.
It was called Blazing Soul in SL and BfA in the fire mage talent tree
Here look:

Fair; but do keep in mind it’s only when you time warp. You could give this an ICD of 10 minutes with the Sated buff to only make it happen seldom

Arcane Barrage sending Phoenix Flames sounds amazing! I was thinking of tying it to Arcane Orb but screw balance, gimme!!!

1 Like

Thanks!

I was ready your post before about Sunfury including Phoenix Flames and I think you’re right; it should include PF in some way.

Regarding balance, that’s easy, you can just make PF do less damage with this talent.
The other thing is the Pyroblast that creates an Arcane Explosion at the target when it lands. I think that would look soooo cool, like every Pyro explodes like some Arcane Bomb or something. I do think the AE from the Pyro would need to have decreased damage too, but we’ll see.

Just some ideas

1 Like

I agree. And the orange of the fire looks surprisingly well with the purple of the arcane. I know first hand because Runemasters in Last Epoch have a talent that makes their spammable, Runic Bolt, explode on hit or at the end of its trajectory and it deals triple elemental damage fire, ice, and lightning (which is bluish purple in that game), it looks spectacular. I’ve been wanting a triple elemental spell ever since we saw Dadghar take out that Iron Horde dam in WoD by merging the three elemental spheres. These new hero trees would be a perfect opportunity to add something like that.

It wasn’t picked because it competed with shimmer. Here you have it added on to shimmer, which is a bit op.

But our shields are so weak! They feel like they’re made of paste not elemental energy. Truine Ward was the one and only time mage shields have ever felt good. I understand that it was OP in PvP but that’s fine, it can be disabled there. Why deprive the rest of us who only PvE from it?

Flamewarp and Frostwarp; I’m telling you man.
They gotta do it, it’d be so cool!

Fair, although this could be remedied by giving it a 15 second ICD (thus being CD locked to Blink)

1 Like

The issue with it was more it was still a gcd investment then, and now it wouldnt be

Warped Time: Without us having a true passive healing ability or, I don’t like the idea of distributed damage over so many seconds, especially when damage keeps coming out, and can overwhelm the healer.
Fire Barrier: I would just change this talent to be more like triune ward where each spec gets the opposites barrier at reduced absorb and give them their passive, then we have mass barrier that just applies the same stuff.
Eternal chains: Sounds like a pvp talent and should be changed, but blizz should incorporate hero pvp talents into our current system of selecting the extra 3 talents.
Flash Point: I think flashpoint for fire is cool, and I know this suggestion might be controversial but what if when it explodes it applies living bomb to all targets in 8 yards.
Mixed Mastery: I like the creativity in this talent, but what if instead of triggering an arcane explosion pyroblast instead triggers and arcane echo aoe thing. Arcane with PF excellent.

Sun King’s Fury: Making PF grant a fire blast charge sounds cool, but with you giving us PF while casting fireball, and use already getting a bunch of fire blast charges through recharge rate in combust, we might over cap or cause some weird rotation feelings, but idk.

I like the ideas though. I hope this thought provoking post was good.

1 Like

I like a lot of those ideas except the perma slow that can’t be dispelled. Quality of life changes for mage are always welcome, but after seeing the other two trees already, there ain’t no way we get anything close to your tree. Sorry bud…