Feedback - Stress Test

Was about what I would expect on Server 15 right at 2:00 pm, I don’t know about after the server merges started happening though since once I got ahead of the pack everything was fine. Grinding mobs levels 1-10 way more efficient than waiting for quest objectives as I would have expected. Overall was infinitely smoother than any other launch I have been apart of. Even when things were crowded it felt like you could still do everything just at a slower pace than I think most have patience for. All in all I wish you guys were doing these test more often but I understand it will take time to digest all the data and feedback and make changes for the next one, which I am looking forward to.

It was very crowded, but it was fun tagging mobs other people were waiting for. Also Tab targeting doesn’t work like it did in 1.12.

1 Like

At some point Dun Morogh another player and I were clear troggs for a quest, where you also need broken teeth I think it was.

We cleared the area…then nothing spawn for a long time…over 5 maybe even 10 mins. Then all of the sudden, every NPC respawned at the same time…almost like we got sharded/phased/layered to a new area where the mobs were not cleared.

2 Likes

Realm 15, 2:00 PM PST - 6:00 PM PST

Anvilmar area felt fine. Lots of players, hard to get tags, but not extremely hard. Felt like the authentic classic experience.

Kharanos area felt overcrowded, too many players for the amount of monsters. Seemed to be more of a slow spawn issue than a player issue but wasn’t pleasant.

Brewnall Village quest area felt fine, similar to Anvilmar though admittedly I was a bit ahead of the pack at this point.

Overall, player amount per layer felt right but mob spawn rate felt too slow.

1 Like

Yeah as another priest it can be annoying to get tags, sw:p can work but it’s very iffy due to delayed dmg.

Wands are great though once you get them.

Since I couldn’t find the Beta testing general feedback thread, I will post this here.

This is a reminder to Blizzard that layering exploits and problems remain unaddressed and pose a significant problem for WoW Classic as more evidence of layering exploits (i.e., layer hopping) is revealed:

2 Likes

I can also attest to peoples claims of being in an area with everything dead and then randomly every mob appears out of the blue.

1 Like

I’ve been noticing some weirdness with layering in the starting zones. I was in the trial demon cave with another player killing mobs together. We were working up towards where the named mob is when he suddenly phased out(weren’t in party).

I also keep having players randomly phasing in when I’m trying to tag something but that’s been happening less.

Same with the sudden mobs too like others have said.

1 Like

The undead starting zone is way too crowded. Took 2 hours to do the first few quests, mostly because tagging mobs is a pain especially for casters. Layering should be on for certain areas within a zone, especially the very beginning area. 30 people waiting around to kill the same mobs isn’t a good experience, especially for the loot quests.

1 Like

Only played just a tiny bit got to lvl 2, don’t want to spoil the rest. :mage:

So this is my first time trying it out and I must say, its pretty much on par with 06 and I’m impressed its going to be a blast to get to 60 again. I kept looking for quest markers lol it was so nice to see that old GUI though with no store on there. Was funny too cause I was playing on retail and then I switched over and fighting is so much more laid back just like the good old days and all these memories started coming back to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

The only thing I could tell right off the bat though is the feel is different, it just is…the way you move the way your toon interacts with things, actions are more fluid, the engine seems more responsive. You can feel that the game is a Classic Skin on the 8.2 client albeit a good skin!

In a perfect world I would’ve loved them to had a 100% pure re-creation with the old client and everything but it is what it is and like everything time/money and resources are the end all be all.

It will be different this time around though because of the newer client…

(Tauren starting zone was fine)

Was on leveling realm 15, the population was crowded but not unplayable just needed to group with others to get things done, i personally didn’t notice anything with layering or any odd phasing other than a few disconnects.

1 Like

Realm 3 (PVP)
*** Was it too crowded, even for a launch day experience?**
Not really, logged in at launch and was able to get to lvl 2 in few minutes. 4 Hrs later I logged back in made a second character and the starting zone was almost empty. I lagged multiple times when i entered Bloodhoof Village and was teleported out of it with a message “Transfer Aborted: Instance Not Found”.

*** Did it feel too empty or too crowded after you moved to the second zone?**
Yes. The entire world felt really empty, even the starting zone. Orgrimmar was showing 50 people i saw 2 + my RFC group. Barrens was completely empty, I know there were people in there but when i did my FP run i saw maybe 3-4.

I personally don’t mind spending an entire day in overcrowded starting zone if the Entire experience for the rest of the game feels like I’m in alive server, not a dead one with active chat.

Mana is a great limiter.

Realm 2 9:00 am PSt the Brill area and the surrounding areas were fine. Not empty. There were people questing. More spread out though since it was outside the starting area. Mob spawn was okay. no lag or issues.

at 2:00 PST I created a Gnome character on server 13. It was low pop at first and easily killed the wolves and had only slight competition for the Trogs. had to AFK for a few minutes and when I resumed and started on the boars there were more people in the zone and competition for the boars was about right for fun but still felt like grouping would help. I expect launch day to be busier than this and actually several of us commented that it was nice but unlikely to be this way on launch day maybe on day 2-3 and beyond but not launch day. then the server got shutdown.

a bit later after checking to see if server 13 would come back it looked like just the 2 servers were going to be up so I made a new character on server 15. what a big difference dozens of people fighting over the wolves, I mean like 45 minutes for that quest overpopulated even grouping up (i.e. no shared loot ya know) unless you grouped with a hunter then it was easier as they had instant tags from range. An hour to get my imp (4 dropped items) due to competition from everyone in the troll cave and low number of novices to kill and everyone killing them along with the regular trolls.

Once out into Dun Morogh it was still bad. not a single live boar spotted on the way to Kahranos. dropped off the quests and picked up the next batch of quests. in town and steelgrill’s. headed down to do the ammo quest and Windegos. I would estimate 40-50 players trying to kill windegos, this was horrible even grouped up.

had to log shortly after eventually completing those 2 quests ~4:45 PST.

So from what I saw playing as a hunter you could have a smooth time insta-tagging and pretty much have a good run through the starter zone quests with only slight delays on respawns/the one guy at the back of the cave.

From the perspective of a non hunter it sucked if hunters were around and slow but doable if no hunter near by.

for launch day - this was about what I would expect, maybe a bit overpopulated I would like to see maybe 60-75% of the numbers in the starter area especially.

grouping up is normal especially for kill quests but even grouped up for every quest it took so long and was not FUN. When we had a hunter in the group then it was okay, still a bit slow with respawn times and lack of mobs but okay simply due to hunter tagging mobs that spawned. Any group with no hunter had a tough time.

Am I salty about hunters being the only ones in the starter area and into the second zone that could insta-tag at range? yeah I guess I am. Warrior charge is close but hunters have a HUGE advantage in the first 2 zones when it’s crowded.

On layering since it seems we are destined to have it at launch, is to make the starter areas smooth at launch. okay whatever settings the had on realm 13 from 2:00 to shutdown were fine, does that mean 50 or 100 or 500 layers on the server who cares. The idea of layering was to improve the game-play experience so tune it to a point where it’s fun but grouping up for some quests makes sense. don’t tune it to where it takes 45 minutes to do each quest even in a group.

I did log back in later in the evening around 8:00 pst and it was better, ice bears and snow leopards were the exception as usual but fine. still grouped up for discombobulation and frostmane hold but could solo some as well. there were plenty of folks doing quests and running around reminded me of vanilla (post launch problems)

1 Like

I played on Realm 15 (PvP) yesterday from about 3 PM PDT to a little past midnight off and on (though the majority of my time was spent playing WoW)

It took me an hour and a half just to get to level 3, not because of difficulty or anything like that, but because there was just too many people in the starting zone, camping respawns. Definitely need to have more than two servers at launch to spread people out properly (though I’m sure you already knew that)

There was still some respawn camping happening as far out as Level 6 or so, but after a certain time, maybe 8-9 pm at night, it was pretty smooth sailing.

Never did get to the second zone though, only got to level 9 before I had to go to bed last night. I know that some people got to Level 15, but the vast majority were still working at it by midnight of last night, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the second zone felt too empty to some, but maybe I’m wrong and it was just right.

When I tried to switch from the detected default graphics card to my NVIDIA 1060 card I was booted out of the game. Tried it three times to make sure it wasn’t a fluke. Booted all three times. A popped box appeared prior to the D/c, something about the 3D accelerator not initiating. This is the same comp, graphics card I run in retail. Keep my settings at 8 in the world and raiding without issue. I was on PVP realm 15. Time was roughly 6pm Est. The zone was very crowded but no more then I really expected.

Just hit level 15. I am very happy with how this game is shaping up. Keep up the great work Blizz!

Was on Classic Test Server 3. Logged in at 6 PM EST, in Northshire, impossible to kill anything. Wandered over to IF through the tram and the dwarven starting area, saw some players, than nothing. Like maybe 5 in the whole starting zone. Pretty aggressive layering I imagine. Not sure if going through the tram and traveling some how put me in a strangely low populated area.

It still seems really awkward that you can switch layers while in combat with a mob. I was about to kill something and then it disappeared. I know I was manually moved to a different layer for the purposes of stress testing, but one realistic scenario would be a friend inviting me to a group from across the world without knowing we were in separate layers

Edit: classic realm 15 and started playing at the launch of the stress test