Testing for Sikran, Captain of the Sureki (Heroic) begins today at 11:00 PDT (14:00 EDT, 20:00 CEST).

Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding this encounter or related issues. Noting the nature of your group (Mythic guild premade, PUG, etc.) is helpful, as are any logs. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help test!

Sikran was a very cool boss for where he is in the raid. He didn’t feel punishing apart from his tank combo, but I’d rather a forgiving boss than wiping the raid for missing 1 simulacrum (at least on Heroic. Mythic, you can go as hard as you want). I look forward to testing him on Mythic to see how little space we end up having by the end from all the Cosmic Residue.

We were mostly a pug group, but on discord, so we could communicate what was going on. We were able to down the boss in a few pulls after learning all his mechanics.

1 Like

Killed in coordinated group of CE raiders.

You should consider increasing the damage of the puddles because it’s currently possible to just stack the Simulacrum inside the same Cosmic Residue puddles and space is never a concern. It’s the same issue Magmorax had - it quickly becomes close to patchwork for the majority of the fight.

Maps obv. not implemented in WCL but you can see how little the group had to move - people crossed the line into the puddles to drop Simuls, and decimates just stood in front of the puddle to clear the simuls out, rinse and repeat.

logs:
www.warcraftlogs. com/reports/3GfxHvn8YA41X6ZF#fight=14&type=damage-done

Ok, I’m gonna preface this by saying: please read the following but react reasonably.

I want Prot warriors to be able to do this boss w/ spell reflect.

It turns out that Prot Warrior can spell reflect the last hit of the Tankbuster (Phase Lunge). This not only reflects the damage, but also applies the 500% damage buff (Pierced Defenses) to the boss. At 6 stacks, this did close to 110 million damage on our last spell reflect.

Obviously this should not go live, but I still think you should be able to spell reflect at least the base damage (just not the 500% debuff that stacks). I want to see prot warriors in this season’s raid meta. Allowing them to spell reflect this is a perfect way to allow them to shine a little more on this fight.

Sikran could use a visual indicator when someone is affected by decimate. (line from boss to player or something)
the first reaction of people was to look for a weakaura

1 Like