lmao ,… … …

At this point I am trying to decide if I still want to even continue to play elemental shaman or if I need to get to work on a new character for the expansion. We are running out of time to prepare if they plan to do nothing and that is what is most frustrating. I could stop playing this dead end class if they would just come out and say “we think its great. No further changes.” I would be disappointed but at least I could prepare. Saying absolutely nothing at all is getting pretty frustrating.

Many good points were in here so I won’t make a long list, but one thing I will say is that Icefury feels like butt to play around. It is adding two additional keybinds for that buff. The talent is called “electrified shocks”. Why not just remove icefury and make the electrified shocks buff be applied by casting lightning spells. “After casting three lightning bolts or chain lightnings, gain ‘electrified shocks’ for 9 seconds”. No duration on the stacks. Easy. It would flow better, reduce an annoying additional keybind, and function basically the same.

The current season 3/4 fire build does not function so that side of the tree needs big changes. The reason the meatball build works is the set bonuses from season 3/4. The free mini-elemental blast cast by primordial wave gave you surge of power which was important for spreading flame shocks in some cases. The additional lava bursts casted after casting primordial wave generated maelstrom which let you get into your AOE faster. The current farseer hero talent ancestors cast lava burst but they do not seem to generate maelstrom for the shaman (correct me if I am wrong.) They also still cast their finale elemental blast at a random target (including ones you are not even in combat with) when they die. This hero talent tree is a mess.

Just communicate something so I can prepare.

11 Likes

I’m getting a spriest ready, and have a “levelled” of all classes, if they break spriest, i’ll just go with lock or mage, i’m done trying to represent a class that blizzard devs won’t even work on.
I hope someone with enough Pull organizes like a demonstration or something. Like a week of not playing shaman for all of wow, or something…some better idea than i can think of

5 Likes

Yeahhh I’m about to give up. I’ve mostly mained rshaman for a long time but I’ve hit my wall here. I thought it was obvious that shaman needed some real work going into this expansion.

2 Likes

I like your idea.

We should all form a protest group. Bench our shamans for the entire first tier for all serious content. No raids. No dungeons. No delves. No PvP.

Show them and force them to recognize the issue with shaman when it has literally 0 representation in any form of content.

4 Likes

Every shaman should use Remix to get a new main ready. I’ve been maining a monk/shaman combo all DF but I think my poor shaman is getting replaced in TWW. I’d play fire mage or demo lock over elemental, ret or ww over enhance, and mistweaver or preservation over resto. Totemic is awesome for healing, but the rest of the hero talents and the class tree are garbage.

2 Likes

All other issues aside, I have 2 issues with Tempest that I care about a lot more than anything else:

• Stormkeeper doesn’t work with it. This is a problem both for numbers reasons and feel reasons. If I pop Stormkeeper, I’m expecting my next couple casts to be big damage and instant. I probably popped it for a reason. Getting my big ol’ cooldown stalled by a proc that doesn’t allow me to delay its use is awful. If allowing Stormkeeper to buff Tempest is too strong, then Tempest needs to be a separate button so we can still use Lightning Bolt during the Tempest proc. That’s not ideal either, having a button that we just can’t actually use outside of the buff window is awkward, but it’s better than what’s currently happening.
  • The Tempest cast cancels if the buff runs out mid-cast. You literally eat a GCD if you start casting at the wrong time. That’s insane. It needs to function like Ascendance and convert the cast to the base version without stopping the cast. I understand this is a fairly niche case, likely only happening if there’s downtime between pulls due to distance or players being slow, but it’s something that should never happen. An alternative to the Ascendance behavior is to just make Tempest Instant Cast. It would also alleviate the potential pain of having it activate during Stormkeeper (just by merit of being able to clear it faster – it would still be a problem).
12 Likes

The way we weave in earth shocks to prep for stormkeeper can hamper us because tempest might proc once, and I’ve had it do it twice had to slam the stomkeeper charges before they ticked over. It’s a little better now that tempest is applying our haste I believe, but the fact it still hits less than a lightning bolt makes it feel like a terrible replacement unless there’s a cleave situation.

And on that note, not only should the tempest 30 Maelstrom and chain lighting node be consolidated (or the maelstrom one massively buffed for extra damage or something on single target. But the AOE to catch other mobs in it, seems rather small and honestly inconsistent, I’ve had a few times where i swear it should have procced the chain lightnings but didn’t >.> .

And yeah, I hate that it kills your cast if a buff falls off midcast, which could easily happen outside of a target dummy, either replacing it or letting you finish the cast out if you started it before the buff wore off would be ideal.

On a separate unrelated note, if the team didn’t want to make Undulation proc a Farseer ancestor after two times for resto shaman, they could always uncouple the node from unleash life and have them be separate, but I think just adding the functionality to undulation would be better (After two procs of it).

5 Likes

Just a thought…

Instead of insulting Blizzard, give constructive feedback for whats wrong.

If you want things to change for the better, then express things constructively, and tactfully, instead of calling the developers work pathetic.

2 Likes

I mean

waves hands vaguely

That was tried for a long time. Being mad was not the first reaction. It was the reaction after all the positive and constructive feedback was ignored for a long period of time.

12 Likes

Probably what they want us to do then they can justify not spending dev resources on the class.

1 Like

What work? They haven’t done anything…

5 Likes

The idea of linking totems to casts made me dream of something like Diablo 4, where we could “slot” totems onto our spells which would give them the ability to summon a totem based on it. So fire totem on Flame Shock summons Magma Totem at the target to spread the Shock, air totem on Chain Lightning summons one that does a lightning nova, water totem on Cleanse summons a Cleanse Poison totem, etc.

4 Likes

Feedback for totemic:

Hi! I mostly play PvP as enhancement shaman. I commented a little while earlier about totemic being spread too wide. I think the best way to fix that would be to have talents apply to stormstrike and lava lash so that multiple builds would fully be able to use the totemic tree, so every talent that benefits stormstrike or a storm build also benefits lava lash and the elementalist build. I think it’s a fun tree but could use more visual appeal.

For visual class fantasy, obviously the totems need to be racial and old totems need their appearance updated. I think to fix the totem heal issue, besides the talent that’s already there, we should actually throw down multiple totems within a 40yd radius so that when it arcs from stormstrike that it goes to the closest totem. Having multiple totems to squash fixes the health problem because of they are spread in a circle of the caster in 40 yards (let’s say 4 totems). This would either force the enemy team to use multiple global cooldowns to kill all the totems or just deal with them.

3 Likes

I don’t blame anyone being upset. This feels a lot like how shaman was treated in the DF beta. Prepatch is in 4.5 weeks most likely. This is the exact time in DF beta they put out their “Iteration is done, we’re swapping to tuning and bug fixes.”

Panic is perfectly acceptable at this point. If any shaman work is held off until 11.1 just tell us to give up hope.

5 Likes

My feedback is mostly a general comment about how blizzard has completely ignored the shaman community as a whole. Our player base might be smaller in size then others classes but that is a direct affect of how blizzard has created a divide within the entire community. They want to compare us to dks as being the only classes without a raid buff and yet DK’s continue to lead the dps charts in raids for several tiers along with amazing utility that is needed for multiple fights in every tier. Elemental however brings zero to the table and that is why we are left out in a lot of cases. Yes, every class and spec can clear the raid but that doesn’t negate the fact of how elemental is perceived among others when filling roles.

If the goal is the achieve clearing a mythic plus or raid in the fastest time with the least resistance then why bring us when other classes clearly out preform us. Which leads many players rerolling just to be able to enjoy the game and not play the class that they would prefer to play. This is a major core issue with the development team and making everything equal.

We are the only class that has not had the tree reworked to get rid of two point nodes. One of the easiest things that blizzard could do but they were unable to do that in the alpha phase and yet week in and week out other classes had numerous changes to the tree and player power. I bet if blizzard took the time to actually pay attention to the class and fix multiple things then a lot of people would gravitate back and play shaman. It is a visually pleasing and fun class to play no matter what spec you decide to partake it.

At the end of the day Blizzard has enough time to fix all these issues before release. I don’t understand how they can’t take the 3 minutes to take the time to post and let us know that they hear us and changes are coming. What is the point in being “Community Focused” if you are unable to be transparent and let the players know they are being heard.

Blizzard silence speaks louder then everything and it is disappointing to a players that invest the same amount of time and money into their game just to be ignored. Hope things change and blizzard actually reads but I doubt that.

15 Likes

oh i have since TBC.

I have
Since every expansion from BFA for my shadow priest.

Enough words were given.
Not enough action was taken.
But definitely, a lot of money was gladly charged to us all.

They have the feedback.
They just rather get your money for less because we keep giving it to them.

It helps that there is no real competition for mmorpgs out there as well.

Do you know what they’ve given in return? Multiple expansions in a row with unfinished, untested spec design for a priest… Over and over again, the lass with the Most reworks by far. And by the looks of it, this expansion is surely following the same tradition. Only two to 3 months to design and test the specs for every class. Some even getting less than that! WONDERFUL IDEA.

So here’s a thought.
Why don’t you review the past to clarify better why people act as they do?
I mean the game is only 100 dollars now with monthly fees. Surely we are getting what we paid for? (sarcasm)

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe we’re getting nothing… We’ve just seen the Primalists and now we have the Earthen and the Rookery dungeon… Three things that could be a great source of inspiration for Shamans, yet Hunters got their rework first. Maybe once Thrall gets his powers back, so will us.

5 Likes

this is crazy and it all started in shadowlands beta, when they completely dumped a reworked resource system at the last possible second

3 Likes

grand papa dont work in arena please fix it also grad papa dont cast chain lightning as rest shaman