It looks like the TWW knowledge progression is nearly the same as DF. So, please consider giving alts the same benefit to crafting knowledge that they get when your main hits checkpoints with renown. i.e., Per alt, get 5 knowledge from a WQ (maybe 1 or two a week) and an additional 10 from the weekly quest. Alternatively, maybe scaling back on the amount of knowledge needed on alts in the tree by X%… just something simple to help keep alt crafting in a place where it’s not a two expansion effort to hit max level.

6 Likes

Agreed. And perhaps more importantly, some type of catch-up mechanism for characters. There was no way to really catch up on lost profession knowledge opportunities if you missed a week, or several weeks of weekly quests and such.

6 Likes

I think they’d need to be extremely careful with this. Alt armies are already looking extremely powerful in War Within due to how concentration works and account wide wep, and something that only further encourages them I think could lead to some extremely degenerate gameplay. I think alt armies should be somewhat of an ordeal to set up. Having a barrier to entry is also somewhat important to keep prices for crafts from reaching rock bottom.

You also don’t need to be max knowledge in a profession to make decent gold. If you’re judicious in how you spend your points, then you can still do a lot with just a couple hundred points spent.

I think this is going to be even less of an issue now that concentration is a thing, as you will be able to make max rank items pretty quickly it seems like, you just won’t be as efficient if you spread your points out broadly, so no one is really getting locked out of guaranteed max rank crafts anymore like they might have been in DF.

If they’re going to have a catchup system though, I think something like treatises having a cap based on how far behind your character is would be a much healthier place to put the catch up points. They’re fairly inexpensive to make, but also in pretty low demand outside the first few months of an expansion, so catch up for alts would be a perfect way to have them be relevant the whole time. They’d just need to make it super clear in the tooltip how many more treatises your character can use before they can no longer gain knowledge from them.

2 Likes