What a terrible comment. Especially for how early on this is.

Such a creative idea from the team that sounds cool to me.

This is a great take. I really like this.

1 Like

Lightwarden sounds deeply fundamentally flawed.

If you’re in a 20+ person raid, and you’re all stacked up for a burn phase - as commonly happens - and you want to give a weapon to a specific raid member… exactly how is this meant to happen? Drop the armament to the side, call out on voice comms & the person steps out? Maybe for Liquid, but that’s not going to work in LFR. Even attempting to do that on mythic Smolderon sounds like hell.

Ground targeting Bulwark onto a target who’s taking heavy damage is not going to be as ‘simple’ as giving them Sacrifice or Protection.

And if Sacred Weapon goes beyond simply being an +extra damage, so that it benefits from the targets stats (dps, attack/cast speed, damage buffs, etc), then suddenly you’re expecting paladins to monitor raid performance/cooldowns in the same way as a (good) augvoker.

All of which goes expressly against the “trying not to add complex maintenance buffs that increase the cognitive load”. And not just for the paladin - it increases it for the people having to juggle picking up random ground buffs on the right timing.

The targeting absolutely needs a total rethink & that’s just the beginnings of my concerns about this hero tree.

3 Likes

Armaments sound cool and the capstone sounds fun, but placing them on the ground does not sound like a good choice, especially if you’re trying to give a defense buff to a specific player who needs it, please reconsider targeting.

1 Like

Melee is already a visual cluster. Look at player sentiments to the old Lightwell regarding clickables. Should be player targeted.
Also adding more external cds when PI, Aug, Windfury, etc all cause bickering.
Then the biggest issue is another button to press.
Lay on Hands CD is extremely niche given it’s a reactionary spell. Having it effect BoP/Spellwarding I think would be more beneficial as those can be used more determenistically in certain scenarios.

3 Likes

Please make Holy Armaments passive or let us choose who we buff if it has to be an active. I thought they learned not to do this again after all the complaints about Lightwell.

3 Likes

Why would you be interrupting your DPS rotation as the healer/tank spec? :thinking:

Except Templars are literally a fantasy trope and have nothing to do with the historical Knights Templar

2 Likes

They could have been suggesting that dps players will need to interrupt their dps to go get the weapon you just placed on the ground for them.

1 Like

Really sucks that Light’s Hammer and Holy Prism would have worked well for this ability. I’d just remove it from them, update the names and VFX and call it a day, lol.

Light’s Hammer → Renamed Sacred Weapon

Sacred Weapon

Hurls a Light-infused hammer to the ground, dealing X Holy damage to nearby enemies and healing up to 6 nearby allies for Y, every 2 sec for 14 sec.

Allies who stand within the Hammer’s radius will have a chance to deal additional Holy damage or healing.

Turns to Holy Bulwark after use.

Holy Prism → Renamed Holy Bulwark

Holy Bulwark

Fires a beam of light that scatters to strike a clump of targets.

If the beam is aimed at an enemy target, it deals X Holy damage and bestows a shield on up to 5 allies within 15 yds for Y% maximum hp.

If the beam is aimed at a friendly target, it bestows a shield for X% maximum hp and radiates Y Holy damage to 5 enemies within 30 yds.

Turns to Sacred Weapon after use.

Also, not sure how complex Blizzard wants to make this, but just making it a passive effect tied to WoG and SotR could turn out to be rather boring. Just an Of Dusk and Dawn 2.0 effect that you ignore.

Personally I’d love to drop an anvil and see options for different imbues, for something similar to Sealed Tomes from Karazhan.

4 Likes

This Hero spec is way too busy for two already very busy specs. Holy and Prot paladin are not specs that need a bunch more micromanagement added to them.

10 Likes

It’s difficult to give feedback about his since Hpal is currently having quite relevant design issues.

Holy Power and spenders need at least some changes before even considering how this will play out.

10 Likes

Quite right, however…

Those are suppose to be a kind of an addon to the class/spec that increase what we’re already meant to be doing.

If it doesn’t fit now, it means it fails at it’s core to be a simple addition.

Paladin class tree needs to be reworked, Prot needs to be reworked in some capacity.
The hero talents need to fit on them, if they’re not made to be “one size fit all” from the get go, they’ll be designing backward from them which I can’t see going well.

I’m not a healer and I tried to get into Holy and I must admit that I ended up asking myself, “what am I suppose to do?”

I got all theses spells yet I only use a portion of them, there’s a range build but we don’t have many ranged attack while other healers also damage from range.
But now I’m suppose to heal at a range and then go in melee to DPS?

But that could be just me…
Point is Holy might need another look at but it’s coming from a very inexperienced Holy POV.

If all this needs be doing and Hero talent are being developed in parallels, then they truly need to be way simpler than this.

2 Likes

When I saw that protection paladin could do five times the healing with a word of glory compared to a holy paladin, I decided to stick with protection when I want to heal some content. The idea of a melee healer is sound, but tuning must have it be viable to see it done often. As holy it feels like you have twenty buttons that just can’t compare to building and spending holy power on protection pally for ease of use and effectivnesss.

3 Likes

To say nothing of the fact that the historical Knights Templar order was more well known for their banking business than their combat prowess.

1 Like

cause people are bad

Knight Templars are upgraded Templars, it’s not that serious, but almost everything is based on history, so you can’t say they have “nothing” to to with KT.
But the biggest reason is that the name (Knight Templar) sounds better, at least to me, than a simple Templar.

your casual is showing

As a Sunwalker, I disagree. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As NOT a Sunwalker, it’s why i disagree with the name, it leans too much on one race with its faith in the Sun, Lightbringer leans on an actual person and not a belief.
If they did it differently for each race it would have been omega cool though.
Tauren - Herald of the Sun
BE - Herald of the Sunwell
Troll - Herald of the Loa
Human - Herald of the Light
Draenei - Herald of the Naaru
Dwarves - Herald of the Hammer (idk lol)

They don’t have to separate names by race for every class out there… it’s just a fun/if it fits thing to randomly do, just sayin’