Lad on hands cooldown is bad, as it’s not used on cooldown, and only when needed, that provides diminished value.

Adding another active button to press is bad, specially for weak bonuses.

Bonus shield or bonus damage is nice but they should have separate cooldowns.

The right side, blessed assurance is the only talent I’m legitimately excited about assuming ONLY if crusader strike does some sort of AOE heal (almost like veneration)

2 Likes

Thoughts:

1. Holy Armaments says it has 2 charges and a 20 second duration “after being cast.” Does this mean that the Armament will sit on the ground for up to 20 seconds then disappear? If nobody picks it up for the first five seconds, does it only benefit them for the 15 seconds remaining, or does it then buff them for a full 20 seconds after being picked up? Likewise, it says the charges and duration, but not the cooldown. Is this going to be a 2min CD / 20 second duration, like a priest’s Power Infusion? It will feel very, very different depending on the CD time.

2. Will Holy still have Blessing of Seasons in their talent tree? If so, I would VERY much appreciate a similar utility to Armaments in being able to store at least 2 charges of BoSeasons. They would still change which season was cast every time you pressed it, but you could afford to sit on one charge if you didn’t need it in that moment, without wasting Summer uptime.

3. Overall, I really like the concept of the hero class. Feels like it’s leaning in the direction of an augvoker/support without going all the way. My only request would be to learn an augvoker lesson (with prescience/ebon might) and, if you yourself pick up the armament, please ensure that the random party member who also gets affected is someone who needs to be affected. That is, if you’re a prot paladin picking up your own armament, please don’t have the damage buff ever randomly select the healer. If you’re a holy paladin picking up your own armament, please make the shield always choose the tank.

It could potentially be buffed enough to be worth the risk of missing a mechanic and dying to get, and worth its casters gcd and effort to cast, but I have liked a lot of the suggestions to make it a true passive more.

1 Like

I really, REALLY like this. Half of hpals are complaining that holy power spenders are not impactful enough compared to our base kit after the rework, and half of hpals are complaining that holy power even still exists. I feel like it would be a neat compromise and interesting gameplay to link holy power to buffs/utility instead of healing throughput. It would give us something to spend HP on that felt good and meaningful, while not making us dependent on it just to keep people alive.

9 Likes

The concept is good, I’ve always been a sucker for buffing my allies personally, I do worry about the current concept of the armaments being reticles you throw down and hope people pick up tho. Someone posted the idea of tying it to Word of Glory that’s pretty decent for a start.

I think if I had a say, it would be something akin to.

1. Casting Shield of the Righteous imbues you and X allies (prioritizing DPS) with Sacred Weapon
  2. (Holy) Casting Word of Glory imbues the healed ally with a Holy Bulwark (Make it be an Eternal Flame/Sacred Shield over-time like effect if your worried about holy spamming absorbs)
  3. (Prot) Casting Word of Glory imbues yourself with a Holy Bulwark (Prot is my least understood spec, but I’m personally imagining something akin to a mini Shield of Vengeance like effect)

Of course I’m no game dev so i’m not going to bother trying to justify the numbers, ICD, etc of this. I think tying the generation and the casting of the armaments to Holy Power Spenders is the best way to approach this. The additional clunk of dropping it and hoping someone interacts with it is a very BAD idea.

But the idea of blessing our allies with holy weapons and shields to augment their attacks and defenses? that’s awesome and would love to see it expanded upon. Especially as a nice callback to the old paladin seals but more interesting and dynamic.

7 Likes

“first time?” meme.

3 Likes

-Holy Armaments. Please don’t make it a reticle targeted ground effect. There is already a lot to keep up with in-game for players. If its a reticle based spell players will likely just macro it to specific players to maximize effectiveness on the fly. Just make them a player target spell so we can use a standard mouseover option. The alternating mechanic seems fine to me.
-Divine Inspiration let it randomize a target but prioritize benefit. IE: Bulwark prioritize to tank spec. Sacred Weapon prioritize to Damage. Theoretically if all priorities are met let it randomize without regard.
-Hammer and Anvil, can we have it be tuned weak and always occur on hit regardless of crit. But, have the critical modifier be significantly higher? Crits would feel good but crit strike gear would not feel necessary to enjoy the talent. As a prot paladin it would feel pretty underwhelming to be forced crit build to enjoy a talent column.
-Rite of Adjuration, swap stam to the 1% stat(Make 1% stat a consistent mechanic of the two). Make the burst significant. Stam feels insignificant a lot of the time.
-Rite of Sanctification, swap armor % for something armament related. Maybe have your armaments adorn your allies with armor that pulses low value damage or healing effect.

I dont like the idea of placing an armament in a physical location or making other players run for them. Simplify the process. Less is more.

4 Likes

Yeah, this will be terrible gameplay for this exact reason ^.

Also, Lightsmith needs a rename.

8 Likes

I have been craving more support/buff features for Paladin, so I love the concept here and am seriously looking forward to playing it!

1. I would much rather be able to target a raid frame vs. trying to find an ally in the middle of the chaos to plant the buff on top of. Having both options would be great if possible.
  2. I love the flavor of most of the talents, especially Valiance + Hammer and Anvil. Excorlation might be a typo? (should be Excoriation). Divine Guidance, Divine Inspiration, and Blessed Assurance feel like generic Paladin terms and don’t really say anything about what the abilities are. Some aggressive obscure Latin would be cool here lol
2 Likes

Generally not a paladin player but wanted to voice a concern that I got real prydaz vibes from the absorb armament. I can see a world where m+ devolves into prot paladin/holy paladin/aug+meta dps just doing what should be reckless pulls easily and having more effective hp.

Just a concern though, it really does remind me of prydaz which was used in legion to the point where gear swapping in plus was disabled and indirectly effected scaling since it was used to deal with the very chunky one shotty stuff in legion m+.

The reticule is the absolute worst part of this. Having to run over it isn’t really ideal either. I personally like the above poster’s idea tying it to WoG and SotR as passives.

14 Likes

Lol, unfortunatly, not the first time.

1 Like

I think a simple talent that makes it so if an armaments is not picked up after 3 seconds it just goes to the closest person, would make it work just fine.

1 Like

Here are my considerations
I like the lightsmith buff theme, but I don’t like the fact that you have to walk and pick something up off the ground.
do something similar to Ashen Hallow, a big cooldown that you use on the ground and buff everyone.

something like a shield and when the shield ends a damage buff

but place the shield and damage as passive for whoever is benefiting, not rotating in the use of the skill.

1 Like

Lightsmith Paladin Hero Talents look pretty boring in terms of gameplay for Holy. Seems very passive and not impactful. Planning around the armaments charges alternating and subsequent effects does not seem fun/compelling. The capstone is yet another modifier on Avenging Wrath which hasn’t felt impactful for a while. I’m certainly not reading something that makes me think I’m going to be tossing around impactful buffs to my allies. Reads like it’s going to be a chore. Sorry!

5 Likes

A problematic aspect is the way the Vigilance talent, when combined with Shining Light to extend its effect, also lengthens the cooldown. This becomes an issue when there’s a need to deploy a bulwark for a major hit, followed by using Shining Light (Word of Glory) on a different target. This action inadvertently extends the existing bulwark, which isn’t needed anymore, along with its cooldown, thereby delaying the damage output of Sacred Weapon. The interaction feels clunky and inefficient. Sometimes extending this is desirable and sometimes it’s not, but this decision shouldn’t hinge on whether I’m using Word of Glory, especially since it’s a frequent part of my rotation.

1 Like

How many mental globals are we expecting this armament placement to be? Feels like it will be about 3 at least.

Oh bulwark is up, where’s the tank? oi stand still… ah well got the DH who was doing somersaults in melee.

8 Likes

Not perfect by any means, but i thought about it more and decided it would be fun to feely-craft another version of the suggestions made. all the X Y Z’s are to account for tuning so i make no assumptions as to what the best/optimal values are.

Sacred Weapon: Casting Shield of Righteousness grants self and up to X nearby allies Sacred Weapons for Y seconds. This effect prioritizes damage dealing roles.

Effect: Your attacks and spells deal X% additional damage and healing as Holy. (Counts as the paladin who applied it’s damage/healing on meters)

Holy Mantle (Holy): Casting Word of Glory and Light of Dawn cloaks the targets healed in a Holy Mantle for Y seconds.

Effect: Receive an absorb shield for X% of the healing done. Every Y seconds, you gain additional shielding for Z% of the healing done. These effects cannot exceed more than A% of the Paladin’s Maximum HP.

Holy Bulwark (Prot): Casting Word of Glory grants a Holy Bulwark to the target healed for X seconds. If cast on another target beside yourself, you gain a Holy Bulwark for Y% effectiveness.

Effect: Receive an absorb shield for X% of the healing done, enemies dealing damage to the target affected will take Y% of the damage absorbed as holy damage (Damage/threat to the paladin who casted it’s meters)

Ofc the nature of these traits would change the way other talents work. Are they basic? Yeah, I designed them as passive traits to output because I still standby the concept of throwing down armaments and hoping people walk over them to be really clunky and unfun. These are very much ‘if Blizz came up to me and told to design them, what would I do?’

11 Likes

This is a great idea for a rework of this.

7 Likes

Does anyone really want more screen clutter with the lightsmith hero paladin talents?

Why can’t we just have blessings back like kings/wisdom and might?

No ground clutter and you know exactly who is getting what.

13 Likes