They can just bring Fae Guardains back as Premonition.

For one ability you got a -20% DR, a mana return ability, and a major CDR reduction ability. You could get 2.5 minute Divine Hymns or reduce the mages combust down to 40s.

3 Likes

Ah, but you are forgetting. Priests are not allow to have any toy that might make the druids jealous.

Honestly, this is a deal breaker for me playing Oracle. As I have said many times, rotating a spell is not good gameplay for healers. I will not play it if this goes in.

I feel it’s bad thematically, and worse in gameplay.

I’d propose instead:

Premonition
1.5 minute cooldown
Replaces Guardian Spirit

Glimpse the fate of your ally, placing a fragment of your spirit on them for 8 seconds. While affected, all damage taken will be spread over 8 seconds. If affected target dies while under the spirit’s protection, return to life with 35% health.
All overhealing to target will be distributed evenly to nearby allies.

This would not contribute to bloat, fit thematically, be tunable, and both be a lifesaver and a healing cooldown. Add modifiers as needed, let the capstone refund charges or give CDR, but I would be stoked to play this.

1 Like

What if premonition replaces PI w/ an aoe buff for like 8 seconds tracks overhealing. After the 8 seconds it will consume overhealing on the targets as they take damage till the amount runs out and provides a minor haste buff (up to like 6%) based on the overhealing done for as long as that persists?

1 Like

Thats like replacing PI with a worse PI

The real solution to PI is just to make it a raidwide with a blocker. +10% healing/damage, -25% resource costs, 20 seconds, 4 minute blocker. Then make Twins a 15% haste, +CDR for the priest only that is not on the blocker. Everybody wins, no excessive priest stacking, huzzah.

2 Likes

I would weep with joy if Pi went away forever. By far my most hated spell in this game

2 Likes

It’s not PI itself mind you, its what Twin Suns does to the priests kit because none of their specs were designed as support specs. So it takes away priest utility to compensate, the it nerfs the targets of PI for daring go be good PI targets.

Make PI a personal priest CD, and make dedicated support specs like Augs if they absolutely want support specs in the game.

5 Likes

And yet this farce continues

Why on earth are we insisting on having a rotating series of abilities, of all the possible things, why trying to make that work and wedge it in the game for… what possible reason?

6 Likes

And they remove probably the best ability that this trainwreck of a tree has. How they think that it is viable reduce dispell cooldowns one every 3ish minutes when you have no control over when it will be available because of the randomised start will work is beyond me.

At this point it is clear that they are digging in and have no intention of fixing the core problems with the design. Maybe we will get the redesign we need in 10.1 when oracle priest numbers are microscopic at release as there is no way this abomination proves popular or powerful compared to Archon/Voidweaver.

4 Likes

For the love of the Light, no one wants Premonition. It’s a worse Divine Word that you the player have to actually see 5 minutes into the future to set up correctly for when you would actually need which buffs (or afford to burn the useless ones, more realistically).

Why the heck is Premonition even an active ability in the first place? Premonitions aren’t something you seek out or set up, that’s Divination. A premonition is something that happens to you passively.

Premonition should be a passive effect that periodically applies a debuff to a random ally or enemy within 40 feet, then casting a single-target spell on the marked ally or enemy triggers the debuff, dealing some AoE healing and damage and applying a stack to the priest. Then, reaching a certain stack threshold triggers Grand Reveal, giving the priest a hefty personal power boost of some kind.

5 Likes

Cause they dont want to admit their idea is terrible and will push it till they cant and be like oh well we apologize blah blah blah. Thats how developper are. They get stuck on their idea so much they refuse to let go even when peoples tell them its a bad idea

2 Likes

Being cynical I think some infuental senior dev fell in love with astrologian and is forcing the team to use it. Very similar to initial chakras or many different iterations of lightwell.

The problem with oracle now after the dispel nurf is that there is no actual power increase to throughput in the tree and the only way to fix that with the current implementation of premonition is to buff the hell out of the incidental talents between the premonition and the capstone as the premonition abilities are basically unbuffable and require fundamental change to allow for more power.

4 Likes

Oracle is looking to be more PvP focused. I don’t see any real reason to use it over Archon in PvE.

The additional complexity of needing to min-max rotating the 3 different types for the capstone is not a good design at all. Need extra healing in the moment? Well, too bad you won’t get your capstone because you have to use the other one.

This entire ability requires a WeakAura to use. I literally don’t see any other way working around it.

1 Like

Pretty much expect it to be 10.2 before Oracle is even in a workable state.

As I have said before, Oracle is trash, and needs to be placed in the dumpster where it belongs. Then they can start designing the real holy/disc hero tree.

1 Like

why do we keep trying with this lazy Blessing of seasons design.
Another blue post don’t trying to get this to work.

Why are we wasting the little time we have for the actual core part of the game on a concept that is widely disliked? I don’t get it.

5 Likes

Wow, you feel like the short CD cooldown is to “mighty” and it should be in line with other healers… Funny you´d not think like that for kicks.

Also: Just dump this trash hero tree. Jo can try to throw sparkles on a pile of trash, but it will still be trash.

How do you think, Holy will be able to compete in M+ and Raid? Every healer gets his strenghts buffed, Evokers get even more burst heal, can now blink and ultra mobile monks get even more ability and strong healing amp. Holy is dead in the water again. Getting strong flashbacks to Dragonflight Alpha. No updates for ages with changes that make the spec even more misserable.

Rework our tookit and maybe even the playstyle. The horse is almost dead, stop riding it and build it up from scratch.

3 Likes

Initial premonition design was a slap in the face to what we had been requesting.
Then they took it away and promised a rework.

What they gave us as the “rework” was Premonition Lite because they apparently do not understand why tf no one wants to be playing a support spec on top of having to keep people’s healthpools up.

For the love of the Light, Blizz, stop trying to shoehorn this awkward ability in. There is absolutely nothing in the tree that evokes “a healer divining the future to protect their allies” aside from the names u gave to talents that could have been applied to almost any class and their respective abilities.

Unfortunately, I doubt any real change is going to happen until at least 10.2 after they finally bother to look at the vast disparity between those who play this aberration and either VW or Archon if they’re foolish enough to keep this going up through Live.

I had been so excited for Oracle (which I thought would have been the Holy/Shadow tree) because of other RPG’s I play and the usual playstyle would much better suit holy/shadow than holy/disc while archon would be perfect for holy/disc). What Blizz produced and continues to push onto the playerbase is a joke that’s kicking us priest mains (yes, ik I’m posting on a warlock toon) while we’re down and more or less showing us that when they “promise to rework a spec based on player feedback,” they’re really only telling a half-truth at best.

5 Likes

Oracle should of been shadow holy

Archon should have been disc and holy.

100 percent.

Bad decisions by blizzard.
And they are still holding onto the ebad decision.

Last time they did this, ion was BOLD enough to say no more priest changes going into beta from alpha.

Guest what? remember the forum post spam “No more voidform”

Do we need to do this again?

4 Likes

Apparently, yes, yes we do. Oracle is unplayable, and is a serious contender to force me to learn disc instead of my glowy golden holy.

I think it’s riot time.

4 Likes