I actually quite enjoy the no holy shock build, but not for the reasons that you may think.
This build really highlights a fatal design flaw that hpally has faced in midnight so far, and its that holy shock guzzles up our mana economy, does weak healing but the most important filler we have. Our new 4 piece removes all of those woes and gives us much more breathing room in build variety by removing this currently dreadful spell from the rotation. There are a few ways to fix this and so I propose a few of them here:
- To begin, the holy light giving infusion of light, while it is fun and interesting idea, it just doesn’t work because that will always make holy light the best button to use as a filler to get your infusions, this part of the 4 set needs to be scrapped, judgment portion can stay if not buff it up to like 35-40% or so. Secondly, change the holy light part out to holy shock has an additional 10% chance ( so 20% in total ) to trigger infusion of light, this helps maintain our current gameplay flow with being totally disruptive, and then you’d obvioulsy have to still compensate buff the spec as changing the current play style on ptr is a massive hps loss, holy shock probably needs a legitment 40% healing buff on top of another aura buff to help keep the spec competitive in high end play.
- My closing thoughts are that I think the spec is headed in a good direction gameplay and peformance wise and I think if you want to bring holy shock back into the kit this is probably the best way to do it!
4 Likes
Yeah I agree. I think holy light is strong enough as is, we’ll be casting it even without a set bonus. So I agree, remove holy light from the set bonus and increase the proc change from judgment, I’d say to 50% maybe. As for an additional effect how about adding a cleave or AoE heal component to flash of light when you consume infusion?
2 Likes
I like it how it is right now on PTR. Dunno if it will last long term, but for a single patch I like the set drawing a hard distinction between caster (herald) and instant (lightsmith) builds.
1 Like
both trees play the exact same though, LS has a few more infusions for sure but the core gameplay loop between the 2 specs unaffected so the set bonus isnt really interacting with that at all
Lighsmith on PTR casts Holy Light every third cast? I don’t know. I feel like that particular gameplay loop will be objectively stronger on either LS or Herald, and playing as the other will just be a straight downgrade in terms of throughput.
If that’s the case, the only reason to play the other would be for gameplay variety/preference, at which point it feels to me like Lightsmith would continue to lean into Shock and Judgment.
Herald would be the more holy shock spec, it has an innate 15% amplifier to it. This play style is what makes LS competitive (finally) with Herald. The moment they fix this build Herald is instantly back in the running and LS back in the depths of the sea.
Guess I’d have to see the math before deciding 
Would rather see a set bonus that pertains to our holy spenders like word of glory or light of dawn.
As of now flash of light is just obliterating the healing meters. Infusion of light is really meant to be a more powerful holy power generator but it’s pretty much defining the class at this point.
Holy light probably makes the most sense in terms of a heavy cost castable heal that for a heavy price does a lot of healing so it’s balanced it’s not meant to be weaved into a rotation.
I will add that set bonuses going into our class fantasy of dealing damage to translate into healing like judgment is something I like to see.
Or a set bonus that lowers the CD of our avenging wrath/crusader CD when using infusion of light procs would be cool.
This spec is a disaster, needs a complete rework but I’m guessing this won’t happen until last titan.
Please blizz redo the tier set for this season at least.
2 Likes