It’s hard to give feedback on this without a broader understanding of how paladins are changing in TWW.

I think the best part about this tree as a holy paladin is Eternal Flame returning, which is a nice quality of life buff.

However, in the live game holy power spenders are so incredibly weak that I don’t even know if this is all that meaningful.

Besides that - there’s no real gameplay changes to this entire tree which is pretty disappointing? I guess it does add a ton of passive hots to paladin, which is neat and could change the dynamic of the class, especially in small group content. However, that’s likely the place where light smith’s greater defensive buffs will likely be stronger so I don’t know where I’d want to play this.

EDIT: I think Eternal Flame is better suited for the spec tree than a hero talent tree.

3 Likes

Eternal Flame and Sunspot could probably be merged into a single buff/debuff? Feels kinda weird for Eternal Flame to just be… there, no interaction with the rest of the kit or tree.

Besides, Sunspot is a lame name anyway.

Much better than lightsmith

Some interesting interactions. I think it could be fun

Yes, that’s kind of my point lol. Ask Disc priest or Resto shaman how much they love trying to get people to stand in their healing things (resto druid too w/efflorescence; at least that one you can recast relatively quickly).

Right now the big interactions with both holy pally hero talents seems to be either making your friends walk over weapons you put on the ground, or making them walk through lines coming out of your body. Quality-of-live-wise I’d rather have my healing more dependent on what I’m doing, than on what the people around me are doing. Especially with the mechanic-bloat retail has been heading towards, asking people to additionally pay attention to what you’re doing doesn’t really add to the fun for me.

Again, this is more nit-picking for me, this tree does seem a lot better than Lightsmith, so we’ll see how it plays out. However, blizz wants feedback, so those are my thoughts on things that I’m hoping they are thinking about.

2 Likes

This tree for Holy seems very interesting. I am glad to see Eternal Flame back, but also this tree contains a lot of HoT healing it seems. I really like that as it is something Hpal has lacked since SL, actually really since MoP and for PvP that has felt pretty bad imo. Same for pve at times.

Overall I’m very curious to see how this plays, it looks very interesting to me from Holy pov, not sure how I feel about it for ret yet but seems fun still. I like the sound of the capstone a lot too, that looks fun. Gameplay of this one looks like it could be good, I don’t see anything problematic.

Also hoping this means an updated visual for Holy Prism, and I hope sunspots look cool during Avenging Wrath when it links you and your sunspot targets.

Wait, so is hammer of the light basically radiant decree??

Proc chance ain’t the problem. It’s the internal 15sec CD.

And it doesn’t trigger from dots.

1 Like

A little nervous about this tree in regards to PvP. Eternal Flame is a welcome return of an old healing ability, however Ret’s ability to heal itself is (in my opinion) over nerfed in PvP and having a new ability that is likely on the same PvP modifier table is worrying.

Sunspots sound rad, looking forward to getting my hands on this.

4 Likes

So far herald definitely seems like the right option for pvp.

HoL seems to clunky and will probably be nerfed since there’s a ton of huge burst potential.

We don’t need another radiant decree situation

1 Like

I’d like clarification on how Lingering Radiance works on people who gained their sunspot via EF healing. Ie. If I cast EF to apply a sunspot, which lasts 8 seconds, then the HoT from the EF I cast on them is down to 12s at that time. Lingering radiance says it leaves 12s of an EF HoT when the sunspot runs out, so do we get 2 stacks of it? Does it go up to 24s? Or does it overwrite it and basically do nothing since it’s already at 12s?

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the “sunspot” fantasy. I’ve never thought of a paladin as a sun worshipper, but “sunspot” in particular seems like an odd name for the ability. Can’t get into it. Even renaming “sunspots” “radiant fragment” or something seems more aligned with paladin tones.

As for the abilities themselves, request we be able to use Light’s Hammer instead of holy prism. Since light’s hammer has a longer CD, just make it empower the next 3 or 4 holy power spenders. I’d prefer that Sun’s Avatar (again, weird name?) just made all of the sunspots glow bright and radiate the damage instead of creating beams that do the damage/healing. Having the enemies walk through the beams for damage, or, even harder, your teammates walk through the beams for healing would be annoying. Eternal flame looks great!

1 Like

I do not want to use wake of ashes. So this toon gets shelved for the xpac?

Why wouldn’t u wanna use wake??

Looks at talents

Jesus Christ dude, did your cat choose your talents?

12 Likes

Agreed. The darkest, coldest part of the sun doesn’t seem like the best name for an ability.

2 Likes

I thought I would want to play Templar the most. But this tree honestly could make me main Pally next Xpac

Would personally love it if there was more mention of An’she in this talent tree. I think it’s only fair considering we have Elune’s Chosen as a Hero Class, Tauren should get some recognition as well!!!

13 Likes

I suggested “Solar Flare” instead of Sunspot to them :open_mouth:

3 Likes

it would be really cool if asnhe was mentioned here in the tree

17 Likes

Agreed. An’she is severely lacking any sort of representation. Elves seems to be getting a lot of the class fantasy when it comes to these hero specs. While I do like elves, it doesn’t feel right for there to be multiple specs that seem heavily focused on the Elven fantasy, while there are very little for other races.

If you want to put specific racial fantasies in these hero specs, it should be more evenly split. “Herald of The Sun” practically screams “An’she” with its name. It honestly just feels like “Sunwalker” said with more words.

15 Likes

Loving the interactions and the sunspot fantasy for Ret (if we can make WoA baseline to save build trapping) BUT rpg fantasy wise

Herald of the Sun, and nothing in its bio or talents mentions Anshe and the Sunwalkers?

In wow the only paladins that use the power of the sun are tauren, so like the Sanlayn and Dark Ranger trees, tweaking talent names to relfect Anshe would be great for its fantasy.

the VAST majority of the hero talents have mention of elf fantasies, hell theres a whole one about ELUNE- but no Anshe mention in the one tree thats perfect for him, paladins, and sunwalkers?

Please consider changing the bio and some talent names just to mention Anshe

17 Likes