Feedback for Remix from the Blue post on the Community Council Forum

After some of the initial tweaks, Remix is more or less perfect to me. Hopefully they don’t change much if they do another one in the future.

Just wish they’d add the Remix exclusive weapons to a vendor, even if they made them 10-20k bronze per piece.

No no. This stuff happened back in wrath. Use to be one currency, honor, then they added tokens for each battleground, and then two-three other currencies, each from different things for different uses. One currency is perfection. All multiple currencies would do would be add more stuff you have to farm, making stuff harder/more annoying to get.

The next remix should be…idk an actual god damn remix? This just MoP Reheated, run raids, run dungeons, do dailies. If this is the limit of their creativity, then that’s just pathetic.

You may think you want this but, I promise you, you don’t.

Right now you get currency doing literally anything in Remix that you can spend on whatever you want. If they do what you’re suggesting, you’ll have to do specific content (which you may not enjoy and may even hate) to get the right kind of currency for whatever you want. Plus you could get capped on how much currency you can earn per day with no way to catch up if you miss a day, like if they locked the cosmetic currency behind raids.

I had a lot of fun with my first character leveling them up. I had fun getting to max level but wasn’t really interested in the grind for gear after that.

I took a little break for about a week and made an alt excited to go through the process again (though a little faster with an xp boost).

Unfortunately I burned out when my alt was around level 40. Leveling is no problem, the issue is all the things that I had fun doing before (random dungeons/scenarios/raids) are no longer fun. Because I seem to always get someone in super high level gear who can just solo every boss by themself.

It just became follow the person and collect the loot with me not needing to use any of my abilities.

I reckon the mode is amazing for anyone who just wants to level up a bunch of alts really fast. But for people who want to play the game… Well you can always solo/group with friends I guess.

It’s unfortunate because I feel like the magic of those first few weeks is gone. I half want them to let people start with fresh characters again…but that’s kind of the opposite of what this modes whole point is lol.

Oh well I had fun with what I experienced.

It’s not excessively annoying to get now?

Right now there’s no purpose to doing gear upgrades if you’re playing the mode for cosmetics, which is what Blizzard wanted.

Right now you’re expected to do all your dailies and SOO every day because that’s the best way to get bronze. So you’re already forced to do content that you might hate for bronze. I don’t really see how this is any different.

Who said this, though? I don’t think anyone has said this. You invented an issue that no one posed.

You have the one currency, bronze. That acts as it does now, it drops off everything. It drops off more from harder content. If you just wanna level alts, you can level a bunch of them for the daily quests and one time bonus, as people do now. Or if you just want to do things on one character, you do content that rewards upgrade tokens to farm faster.

Functionally it doesn’t change anything, but it feels less like upgrades are fighting for the currency you’re expecting to use on cosmetics - which is what this mode is for.

I love everything about Remix. They should go ahead and buff bronze from all sources by 100%.

1 Like

I obviously like it much more than you, which is why they should buff bronze from all sources by 300%

2 Likes

Right now, no one is forced to do anything they don’t want to for bronze. You may feel “forced” to if you want to obtain as much bronze as possible every day. If they added a second currency, each form of currency would be locked behind certain kinds of content, so you’d no longer have a choice in how you wanted to obtain currency.

Because I’m telling you with 99% confidence that this is how it would work. You’re kidding yourself if you think you would continue to earn the same amount of bronze as we do now if they added a second currency. You would continue to earn the same amount of currency, but it would be split between the two and you would only be able to spend each on certain things, which is much worse than how it works now where you’ve got one currency and can spend it on whatever you want.

It’s never felt like this for me. I went into it expecting to spend bronze on both. Sounds like a player problem.

1 Like

No one is going to do every daily in MOP to grind bronze. No one is going to pick off what rare mobs they can (before they get oneshot) on Timeless Isle for bronze.

So this isn’t like what you’re saying it is like. People are going to go for the path of least resistance. That means doing your daily dungeon/scenario/raid dailies at the very least. A lot of people are doing this on multiple characters and buying cosmetics with multiple characters in lieu of doing the world tour every day.

Again, where are you getting this?

If the issue is that easy to predict and get ahead of, I think it is easier to just suggest that Blizzard not design it like that. Because no one said to design it like that.

Your experience is not universal.

Gamefeel is important. It’s important that you don’t have systems that are cannibalizing each other.

I’ll explain it simply, what you’re really asking for is “I want to be able to upgrade armor and obtain cosmetics at a faster pace”. Blizzard has flat out said “we think the pace is fine”. So if they add a second currency, the pace will remain the same except now you’ll be forced to do certain types of content depending on what drops the currency you need. This would be much worse than the way it is now - being able to do whatever content you want to do each day and obtaining a currency that you can spend on whatever you want.

If they did what you’re saying, here is an example of how it would go. The 40k bronze quests would be turned into 20k bronze/20k second currency. Now someone that doesn’t care about upgrading would have 20k of a currency they don’t need at the cost of 20k of one they do need.

Just ask for increased bronze drops because that’s what you’re actually asking for. A second currency isn’t needed and would only cause problems.

Only issue I still annoyed at since hitting 400 item lvl are Scaling for those 65 to fresh 70 toons. Also buffing bronze gains and the Emperor reputation 100% needs a buff during the event!

You’re a GD genius.

1 Like

Yes.

And I am giving them feedback that is not.

They haven’t budged on the upgrade costs because they don’t want people to feel like their time was devalued. Even though there are several posts from people on these forums right now saying they would never do this on another character again, and that they want a reduction on alts.

Ok.

Counter-point: Because my nonexistant version of the future is as valid as your nonexistant version of the future until it comes to pass, it doesn’t work like that at all.

Bronze acquisition is how it is now. It stays the same. You gain upgrade tokens from doing any form of content. You do more stuff, you get more upgrades, you do content faster to get more upgrades and get currency faster and it is a positive feedback loop.

They might decrease the amount of bronze gained from content or increase the cost of items but that’s okay because everyone gets super powerful super quickly with a proper distribution of upgrade tokens. They don’t spend 500k+ to upgrade their gear in order to grind the same currency faster. Everyone hits that same loop instead of some people just completely ignoring it in favor of leveling 20 alts. I’m not saying take that away from people who want to do that, I’m saying don’t subtly push people who would rather not do that but don’t want to spend 500k bronze into feeling like that is the better option if they’re doing this primarily for cosmetics.

Except one of us is being realistic.

It’s not for the people that don’t care about upgrading gear. They would earn less bronze (or prices increase and they have to earn more) because a second currency is added they care nothing about.

With the way it works now, no one is being pushed to do anything they don’t want to. Each person chooses what they enjoy most and they earn a single currency that they can spend on whatever they prioritize.

I get the feeling you’re just arguing to argue now, so I’m just gonna say have a good night and I pray your monkey’s paw wish never comes true. :+1:

1. Emperor Rep is Too Hard
  2. Kirin Tor Quartermaster Should Sell Account-Wide Rep Boost
  3. Bronze Accumulation is either too low, or the costs are too high. Power leveling alts that I’ll just delete feels bad.
1 Like

inb4 they make the cosmetic Pandaren starting sets armor type specific

1. Bronze really should be auto-looted like in Torghast.
2 Likes

Would love this but it would encourage speedrunning even more and I think that would make the forums burn down lol

Yeah. I hear that but it also removes some of the annoyances (just follow you get all rewards automatically). I think it could be more transparently advertised as speedrunning mode to alleviate some of that stress, or give options for people to group with like-minded folks.