Best part is - we’ve seen and witnessed other specs with negative feedback receive attention. Let’s see what Shaman get. Or if what I’ve also known since 2007 gets proven here.

2 Likes

While I don’t really have anything to add to the state of the tree that hasn’t already been said.

I will say, I’m a bit surprised by how they decided to combine Ele + Resto only in a thematic way. I can’t be the only one who expected these Hero Talent Trees would hybridize play styles/ over all game play.
Prior to this preview I envisioned talents that would allow Ele to do some passive healing when casting offensive spells & vice-versa for Restro. Essentially theming the hybrid class around “Ancestral Guidance” and how it takes damage and converts a portion into healing. That makes a lot more sense to me than summoning a ghost to mimic your spells for 6 sec.

1 Like

So Kaivax, I think you have the general outlook on this tree. There is alot to take away from this feedback. If you all want to get some Shaman players together and talk about it let us know!

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts!

Echoing what was already said:

For Elemental Sham: this is too similar to the current ele shaman mastery. We already copy the spells we cast.

Forces us into fire build to use and nothing in there about improving how flame shock spreads which is the biggest crutch in current elemental play.

For Restoration Sham: it seems ok but the last row feels weak for the very last choice.

Last Thought: Please listen to the player feedback here and don’t make this tied to Primordial Wave. We’ve been using Primordial Wave since 2019 when it was introduced with Shadowlands. Or at minimum give us Pwave as a baseline talent and give us another good choice in our regular talent tree.

2 Likes

I mean even if they do change this part - forcing us into Nature’s Swiftness is nearly just as bad. Zero freedom - zero choice - barely enough points to juggle some talents for affixes - in the class tree. The whole “freedom of choice” - is just gone. Too many skills are in the trees - that were/should be baseline.

For the sake of historical record-keeping – this is the response the priests got a month ago in their hero feedback thread…Here Shamans stand - a month later in time, with even more blockading, less positive feedback, but a smaller playerbase (because we’ve been dealing with those issues since inception basically)…

I guess we’ll see where this goes.

4 Likes

I am writing this as a raider that has gotten CE on every patch I played and Hall of Fame for 10.0, please don’t make resto a hot trash class that can’t join progression of a raid at the start of an expansion. Buffing the class 5 straight times after Hall of Fame fills up and taking a snapshot of the class near a patch’s end to see it competes with a resto druid does not make it okay.

-Redesign mastery, because wtf is mastery even for when all the damage profile is just 30-second bursts all the time and when wellspring is just non-existent; sure is great to get full use of my mastery for 2 spells before a disc priest finishes his ramp. Our mastery actually don’t interact with any talents or spells, at all.

-Get rid of the 5% mana pool boost. Is that 2 chain heals taking a node’s space??? That’s also taking into a minor regen into account from the larger mana pool. Make the node so that you’ll get increased healing when you’re low on mana or something. Please designer, design something other than our mana pool because you might as well just take out the node if we don’t end the fight on <5% mana. I’d rather take a defensive node rather than 5% mana because lets be honest, there are no defensive nodes in the tree right now.

-Make the ancestors interact with link, because why even have link as a signature spell when its 3 minutes, and can be easily replaced with Aura Mastery. Or frankly, 1 minute personals… For example, every ancestor that expires reduces the cd on link by 5 seconds, or something… If you think reduced cd on link is going to break your bosses, then make it Acendance, healing tide, or I’ll even take Ancestral Guidance

-Redesign the last node completely… You’re going for this “frequent RNG ancestor” thing and you make the ultimate node a 1 minute cd for 1 ancestor? When you’re getting 4 spirits per minute from unleashed life anyways, not even counting the riptide RNG. How is 1 spirit every 1 minute satisfying? And the 10% increased healing every 1 minute is what, increases the HPS by maybe 1.5%? If we’re forced into primordial wave, unleash life, and reduced cd on riptide, it may be worthwhile next expansion, but you might as well just give me a flat “increase healing done by 2%” because I’d sure appreciate the extra GCD.

As an individual, I don’t care about the theme. I don’t care about the playstyle. I don’t care about if its flashy or “signature”. I just want to be viable in a progression setting before yall nerf the raid. Shaman mastery design is so outdated from the current fight profile that in itself is an issue, now you’re buffing our mana pool by 5% because we get 2 more chain heals in a 8 minute fight?

There are so much fun stuff you can do with this class and I freakin love resto shamans, don’t make me reroll for the third expansion in a row because “we just don’t need a resto shaman”.

PS. I don’t care about M+ either. I’d also be fine with putting down 5 healing stream totems when I run Totemic and top the charts while banging my head on my keyboard. At least I’d get a raid spot while being delusional about why I love this class.

4 Likes

And we want more shaman races while y’all are at it. Let us see the totems for other races before y’all throw them at us.

2 Likes

As a Resto Shaman who focuses almost exclusively on M+, I strongly disagree with it being okay. No resto shaman uses UL in m+, and the defensives are super weak for a class with already super weak defensives.

5 Likes

It definitely should work with Undulation & Unleash Life.

I hate how trees are built around a single specific ability that isn’t just given to us at the class core: Primordial Wave. You are assuming every elemental shaman is going to talent into Primordial Wave. This is the core issue with these talent trees, the dev team thinks as a whole that all players pick the same crap talents.

5 Likes

Pasting my idea for a Farseer hero tree. This basically takes the current summoning ancestors theme and turns them from pets that cast spells into rotating buffs. Why would our ancestors mimic our spell casts? They should be granting us wisdom, enhancing our abilities.

2 Likes

Rotating buffs makes for crappy gameplay imo. You end up having to cycle through to get the one you want in a given situation and it turns into a mess. Monk does it with Shaohao’s Lesson and it’s a pita.

Is that just because they aren’t balanced well? My only experience with a system like this is original roll the bones, and the main reason that system sucked was just because the buffs weren’t balanced well and also they were random.

I think there is a way to utilize rotating buffs that makes for smart gameplay using the right spells at the right time. It might be more work to pull off than what blizzard wants to do.

Here’s a suggestion from a top elemental shaman…

“Whenever you healing surge you gain 10% dr for 10 seconds” - work that in somewhere maybe?

Maybe add a Healing Stream totem onto it too? When we drop healing stream, 10% dr…i dunno. Something fun and effective.

3 Likes

Elemental needs less RNG, not more. Enhancement already has proc-juggling gameplay and does it far better. Elemental should be moving away from that, and toward a more stable and planned rotation where they’re not spending more GCDs reacting to procs than executing well on a satisfying flow.

2 Likes

Super agree. The first talent of the Farseer hero tree should give you Primordial Wave or Unleash Life for free or give you a second charge of it if you already have the talent picked.

1 Like

Very underwhelming, just hope the ancestors look cool

I’m not saying it’s great but it seems playable. The amount of work to truly fix what the community is asking for requires a complete talent rework. I dont see Blizz doing this. I hope I’m wrong but historically they never do anything big for shamans.

It seems like they roll out the talents they do each expac then fix resto by tuning the numbers. In a perfect world they listen to the community and do a bit of a bigger update for the class. They both could really use it but ele needs it more then resto.

Im not a fan of UL either. Pretty much an extra keybind.

As long as they tie the tree down to Primordial Wave without making it baseline, the spec will be pigeon holed.

1 Like

I mean I agree wholeheartedly. Both Ele and Resto - have great spells, and a great base in place - when we have the freedom to spec how we want (it’s the pigeon-holing that makes us feel off). It’s so weird to say but we almost don’t need a rework - we just need freedom again…and then obviously tuning. For example, there’s no reason Maelstrom should be ignored (this is largely a byproduct of the current tier set anyway) - but just saying - it feels weird for Maelstrom to be a figment of our imagination when doing our rotation (as one example)…or using EQ as just a means to launch more instant meatballs. It’s just wrong how our current implementation is.