Please allow Warp to break you out of stuns and roots, Evoker doesn’t really have anything reliable to counter these and it feels really bad to get stunned and be completely unable to do anything at all.

For Motes of Acceleration, it would seem logical to make this so it drops 5 motes (to cover the entire party) close around the Evoker where one is automatically collected by the Evoker immediately upon casting Warp and the other 4 can be collected by other players. Players shouldn’t be able to collect more than 1 mote at a time and running through additional motes should do nothing.

5 Likes

Right now Pres mostly likes to use Tip the Scales as an “I don’t have time to hardcast this” panic button that’s really nice to have in a pinch. Having to use it to proc a bunch of other effects instead sounds very unpleasant to play around. I’m also not a fan of the random element of Instability Matrix, it would work better as just a constant reduction to those cooldowns. Other than that this tree looks cool though. I like that we’ll be getting our Amirdrassil 2pc back, and turning Hover into a blink sounds super fun.

2 Likes

Wait, that’s worse, since it would become effectively mandatory to cast max rank even when something like a rank 1 Dream Breath would otherwise be better.

If you Warp while standing still, you should blink up 20 yards in the air (and maybe even hover there until you move)… I wanna be air support.

1 Like

Warp extended to rescue would be PHENOMONAL and it would look very cool

No, play a Mage if you want Blink; don’t steal even more of our fantasy like you already have.

Chronowarden’s description looks like you lifted it directly from Arcane Mage’s class fantasy and I really do not like that because it makes me feel like you’re just going to ruin Arcane Mage for Evoker like you ruined Demonology Warlock to create Demon Hunter in Legion, and the Warp ability adds further weight to that fear as it’s almost a complete copy of Blink.

Chronowardens Arcane Mages can manipulate time and see into the future. By specializing in Bronze magic the Arcane, they are slightly unstable due to the vast amount of knowledge available to them. They are precise, erudite, and organized individuals who seek to understand the world through careful study.

See how eerily similar that sounds? Please tell me I’m wrong and that you aren’t going to butcher my favourite thing to ever exist in a video game.

Without seeing Ruby Adept, I struggle to see how Chronowarden isn’t an auto pick for any bronze focused playstyle for Preservation.

It feels like if you use echo as your core essence dump, you will take this hero talent set up.

1 Like

It’s going to do increased damage or healing based on the amount you’ve done recently, but with a cap.

Think Golden Hour with a built in limiter.

You’d be like A-Train killing Huey’s girlfriend in The Boys

It was never mage fantasy since Time Dragons existed before mage had any kind of time magic.

Thems the breaks toots.

1 Like

Have you considered using deep breath?

Lol this would be legitimately the worst design ever. Might as well give empowers just a static cast time when taking that talent because you’d almost never choose lower ranks.

If they insist on keeping it variable, you should get 3 seconds off for each presc that you have out, up to 5.

Ideally, though, this becomes way less variable.

Almost like they changed dream breath on beta because it was so undesirable to cast dream breath at lower ranks.

Not only did it heal less, it went on CD for longer.

Greetings,

First and foremost thank you to the Dev’s for putting this out early. A peer review on your design can be stressful, nevermind a public review. You’ve got some stones. /respect.

I’ll start negative and end positive.

The keystone and capstone feel like they’re not thematic or exciting. A good example of this would be some of your other creations:

• The mountain thane warrior turning into Thor the lightning god

• A Lightsmith Paladin dishing out armaments like a hibachi chef

Reading the paper copy - I might be wrong but the capstone and keystone feel like they’re right off a 4 Piece bonus and nothing I’ll be proud to show off to my non-voker friends.

What I love, are most of the filler / side talents

:white_check_mark: Warp Thematic, unique graphics and animations (YES)
:white_check_mark: Temporal Burst: Tip the Scales CDR (Cooldown Reduction) super thematic love it.
:white_check_mark: Reverberations Love that this MAY actually make us want to expand the radius of upheaval which is a iconic Aug spell.
:white_check_mark: Interdimensional Phase Skill cap spell to time M+ burst or PVP dps (G-Pie, Chaos bolt)
:white_check_mark: Motes of Acceleration This is for the Ret and DK in our group who are slow has hell. Love it.
:x: Threads of Fate NOT thematic to Presa, feels like an Aug specific spell :frowning_with_open_mouth:
:x: Primacy Not that exciting, or thematic seems filler
:question: Careful Contemplation haha, this one I am am not sure how to feel.
:white_check_mark: Time Convergence Thematic + Impactful, love it.
:x: Mastery of Destiny Again, NOT thematic to Presa, feels like an Aug specific spell.
:white_check_mark: Golden Opportunity: Echo & Prescience Like it, but be cool to show a proc or noise that it happened, some cool visuals.
:white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:Instability Matrix See, I’ve read people dont like this. But I disagree, leveling and learning bronze in thaldraszus you see how unpredictable time magic is. I know the min-max people who see WoW as a simulation might not like this, but this is an MMO-RPG, don’t give in blizz, flight them.

Anyways for my fellow forum friends, I appreciate my incoming “TLDR” responses. Just know that it is 12/19 and Krampus is watching.

As far as these previewed hero talents go I’m a fan, I play a bronze focused pres build and I love the fantasy.

To all the people who think the randomness of the instability talent is annoying I agree to a extent but honestly it sounds fun and the clue is in the name lol, you could combat this by changing it in two ways first part is make sure that it is in fact completely random and has nothing to do with empower level. Second part is narrow the range a tad so it doesn’t feel as bad to get a low roll but keep the randomness because that’s the point something like 5-15 would feel better in my opinion.

On a side note all the little buffs things are nice to have available as a pres evoker but I kind of wish this wasn’t a aug tree lol because they don’t really need more of this stuff. Just my opinion I’m a outlier in the fact that I will be against Aug until there are multiple support specs and not just one it was a bad decision on blizzards part imo to introduce what is almost a new role and only have one of them. It’s unfair to other people who like melee over ranged for example who may have liked to be more of a support role and so on.

1 Like

That’s just the thing, though. WoW is a min-max game. Whether you choose to participate in that yourself is entirely up to you, but it doesn’t change that the game is balanced around high end performance.

It’s not that the talent doesn’t look like it could be strong on paper, and to be fair we have very little information on how it works. But I’ll be shocked if this talent goes live as is.

The crux of Aug in particular is about planning for burst windows and playing accordingly. This talent makes these planning windows too unpredictable, and barring any tech with it that can’t be seen yet just via the tooltip (ie we didn’t originally know EM favored targets with prescience), it takes a bit off the skill ceiling while lowering the floor even more.

Thanks for the reply. I do not assume everyone will be on board with me, and I think this just shows how this one talent seems to be controversial. I am a total YOLO player with IRL friends in m+. We’re currently 2700 and half the group plays while smoking the devil’s lettuce and the other half click’s on their spells.

So, yes - if you’re 3.3k M+ player you would think my team are absolute trainwreck. But from my vantage point we just like to horse around and have fun.

So my bias is that the 5 of us are NOT min max players whatsoever. But I do recognize that you people DO exist, it is just not my circle of friends.

Chronowarden sounds cool. Wish it were available to Devastation. Hopefully the hero talents for Devastation provide similarly compelling defensibility, because it’s the spec that’s lacking it.

THIS is perhaps my biggest concern. The article uses the words “Most Hero Talent trees add new visual effects to classes.”

No, this word needs to be ALL! Every Single Class. Every Single Spec. Every Single Hero Talent Tree. SELL. THE. FANTASY. MAMA.
I’m looking for Legion level, nah MORE, since that was already done, Legion Level stuff here. You did it then, you can definitely do it now. This is the START of a new trilogy, just like Legion was. The time is Right Now.

I’m gonna further my point here using Chronowarden and what I’m FULLY expecting to see with it, and adding in more so that the Fantasy is SOLD.

Chronowarden Evoker:

Chrono Flame: Living Flame is enhanced with Bronze magic. I need to SEE this change. and I’m talking more than just a slight tinge change, I need to Know INSTANTLY that this is now Chrono Flame and not Living Flame. From the casting animation to the spell flying thru the air to the impact. I need to see Sand! Bronze Colorization! all of it.

Warp: This sells itself but I need it to be more/different than mage Blink. I need to know that an Evoker did it OUTSIDE OF THE FACT that its a Dracthyr. No Freebies here, do the work.

Motes of Acceleration: Another one that sells itself, I have confidence this will be done correctly.

Temporal Burst: Should have some sort of Pop animation so that I have a visual queue that it has happened. No “just get weakauras or read your buffs” nonsense. Let me KNOW that its happened.

Instability Matrix: This makes me feel like the Empower spells being spoken of should ALSO have tinge changes to reflect whats happening. That it should be a known factor that its become Bronze-specialized. I feel like this won’t make it in. I feel like this is the exact place where you could truly make the magic of this new system sold is something right here. This is the space where TINY details and changes make the entire world of difference.

Chronoflame and Warp are the obvious moments, the ones that are expected, the ones that if they aren’t done, people are gonna lose their minds and complain about. Another word for those 2 is: Free. Its Talents like Instability Matrix affecting visual changes that will TRULY sell it. And I want to be extra clear here: I’m not saying MASSIVE visual change, that should be saved for the “free” ones. These should just have like extra sand particles or something, You already have the animation from other spells currently in the game, USE them. (not to say that it doesn’t require doing work, not an intended reflection here.)

Hopefully I’ve told my point here. Fingers crossed.

1 Like