Uptimes are:
Gnarlroot -11%
Council- 7% and 0%
Igira- 3%

No, you actually use it hilariously little.

First of all, I’m figuratively a nobody.

I’m not telling you how to play, I’m telling you that you don’t know how to play it and therefore have zero basis to say the range doesn’t work because you’re not even attempting to learn the class in order to make it work.

So you want me to use hover on cd for no reason? It’s only needed for defensive situations or when the boss moves because of our VERY LOW RANGE. If you know how to read check the forum and they all share the same opinion, we need more range because we are also squishy at some point. You are literally a random person on the Internet telling me I should use hover for no reason when that isn’t the problem and it’s “bad” if I don’t use it like 100% since you are checking stats like a creep. Nice edit though when trolls don’t have any arguments they come up with “oh skill issue” oh you are bad mate" y’all are the same :clown_face:

2 Likes

This is the first clue that you don’t understand how our mobility justifies our range.

Makes very little sense.

Checking if you are using the abilities that counter our range isn’t creepy when you’re arguing for more range, it’s practical.

Should I dive back in and see how many times you use verdant embrace for movement instead of just casting it on yourself? How about rescue casts? I’m fairly certain what I’ll find.

Not only do I have arguments, I’ve backed them up with data.

The fact that you’re clearly struggling to play the class at a basic level but are SURE that you know how evoker design should work shows just how ignorant you are.

Struggling where? The tittle says wishlists it doesn’t say “I need help with evoker” , “How can I get better?” or “I need a troll to reply in the thread that thinks he’s top 10 evoker worldwide or class developer” :rofl: you sound so ignorant that you don’t even know how to read a basic sentence. What data? That I didn’t user hover as soon as it was available or that I used too much verdant embrace because I needed healing? You are probably comfortable because you sound like you are being carried 24/7 with those “arguments” . You love the attention huh? Because trolls loves attention.

3 Likes

Your 18% average in heroic.

When your “wishlist” item can just be solved by learning how to play, you don’t need 15 extra yards. I’m sure there are rogues that would put a 20 yd range on their wishlist, it doesn’t mean the class isn’t just fine without it.

Nope, far from it-- I have plenty of ways to improve at evoker, and all of them involve improving my play instead of blaming design that works perfectly fine❤️.

1 Like

I guess we’re supposed to leave feedback here for Scalecommander as well. The extra defensiveness of the spec is nice for Devastation but not really needed for Augmentation.

The idea of mass disintegrate/eruption is chefs kiss.

Onslaught is pretty boring on its own. Perhaps it should give you one charge at the beginning of combat and then one every X seconds?

Not sure how i feel about unrelenting siege. Feels like it could be more interesting, also it’s yet another multiplier for Living Flame. Not sure what i’d do to it though.

Nor am i sure about how i feel about the spec’s heavy focus on deep breath. Though i am curious how the final talent of the spec works. How good or awkward are the controls for steering Deep Breath gonna be. Can we do donuts?

Looking forward to see what Ruby Adept brings to the table

Scalecommander doesn’t really do anything mechanics wise for Devastation if there aren’t any changes to talents that make Deep breath talents worth picking up. It just hamfists us to keep using the same build it had for almost the whole expansion. Only now that Disintegrate will be maybe more than 40% of our damage at this point.

The only thing Augmentation gets out of that tree is just a personal damage boost but it pales in comparison to Chronowarden altogether so why even bother?

6 Likes

A lot of this will 100% come down to tuning, though. There’s no real way for us to know that yet.

As it stands now, Scalecommander/bombardment will have to come out pretty far ahead given the lack of utility.

I’d say much lower CD’s on Eons is a pretty big potential draw (though potentially far more a m+ value than raid, considering the potential de-syncs it may cause with burst windows).

Yuh worried it’s gonna be same story with Preservation and Ruby Adept like I just have no faith in a talent tree presumably focusing on Red Flight Magic being any good for Preservation unless it adds a new abilty to focus around.

I suppose I’m late to the party for Chronowarden, but I play Pres/Aug and like a lot of the talents in this tree. However, I apparently have an unpopular opinion in regards to Warp. I’m nervous about it, I like being able to hit hover without launching any direction, or simply not with so much gusto. Right now it sounds like a blink, and hitting blink while you’re not moving simply moves you forward, which makes sense for blink. But I don’t want to be forced to move a certain distance when I’m trying to cast on the move, I simply want to be able to move without it interrupting my casts. If it were a choice node with something else regarding hover, I wouldn’t mind it as much, but it’s not. It’s something I’m going to be forced to take.

Agreed. I was expecting something for exciting, sounds like lazy design.

I raid 4 hours a week.

You’re not bad because of your amount of time in the game, you’re actually just bad and don’t understand the class.

Are you okay? That’s some pretty aggressive language out of you, bud.

1 Like

Yeah I misunderstood initially, makes more sense now.

Eruption hits 3 targets instead of split damage, ok. It does a paltry amount compared to Disintegrate but has the same cleave limitations why? Why not up to 5?

Same takeaway; Scalecommander doesn’t look to have nearly the synergy with augmenter as Chronowarden does. However…

This is a really good point, it’s gimping hover in a specific way without an alternate workaround if you do Chronowarden. Since the rest of the package looks to be a significant improvement it’s going to be the one to take, I hope the pigeon holing with changing hover is fixed.

It’s good that Scalecommander embodies the black flight heavily but with Evoker using five flight powers it’s really odd to have two (blue/green) just kind of afterthought for hero talents. If they add more in the future that’d be cool, so maybe they will, and again the name is weird as opposed to something like Winglord or similar.

Glyphs would also be nice to have still.

I’d respectfully disagree with this. It’ll largely depend on the numbers.

The potential strength of mass eruption isn’t on the damage, it’s in the potential to extend EM. Will each eruption innately extend EM for each? At any rate, there will be more potential crits and it’ll give secondaries a bit more value than they currently have.

The power of Scalecommander also is in getting more breaths off. As I said earlier, this potentially de-syncs from other classes CD’s. Assuming that’s not an issue, there will be fights where getting more frequent breaths in on phases (think smolderon intermissions) could be incredibly powerful.

I tend to agree that Chronowarden looks better overall, but depending on tuning this one has some very intriguing possibilities, especially with some of our capstone talents (overlord in particular). Could have some very crazy setups with time skip, too.

I think the blink ability is really cool, but I’m scared the other abilities don’t stand out. We have a limited range and that’s been the biggest complaint so far so I think there should be more focus on some weird long distance aoe afffect or something to reach the far corner of the map in an emergency. and then when the range is limited majority of the time it feels like you have at least 1 “oh no” option. And some of these affects have really cool names it would be cool to see a permanent character change for picking them up like wheels of a clock spinning around your character or like extra character plating on the dragon model.

I’m guessing this is the Feedback-Post for the Chronowarden Herotalent tree?
If not Please reorganize this forum as i could not find it!
If it is, please consider renaming this topic.

Looking at the (Chronowarden) tree from a PvE Augmentation point of view.

Chrono Flame
If this does not include “Ebon Might damage” this node is essentially useless, as this would be at most an increase of 1-2% damage (which is far far lower then on other trees)

Warp
I’m not sure why we’re giving Augmentation even more Hover uptime but a blink instead of a dash sound nice.

Interdimensional Phase/Motes of Acceleration
Interdimensional Phase
Augmentation really does NOT need more defensive tools, especially while they already recieve a similar effect from Draconic Attunements (pressing Obsidian Scales)
Motes of Acceleration
This seems abit redundant with Draconic Attunements which already provides Augmentation with a very similar effect.

Careful Contemplation/Time Convergence
Careful Contemplation
this is a interessting node, by picking Timeskip and Interwoven Threads you can essentially negate the negativ aspect and enjoy 10% more Int and Stamina (again why also Stamina?).
Since Int is the only stat that increases your main damage source Ebon Might this sounds pretty powerfull. Though you will give up some power from having slightly longer cooldowns, 10% stronger Ebon Might’s are most likely worth it.
Time Convergence
If i understand this correctly defensive buttons (Obsidian Scales) do NOT grant the Int buff and instead buff Stamina. (this is again redundant with Draconic Attunements which buffs Stamina on pressing Obsidian Scales)
Another node that grants an 10% increase of Int. This time with a trigger conditon, it is also extendable.
Currently Augmentation can trigger this buff with: Fury of the Aspects, Landslide, Renewing Blaze, Rescue, Tip the Scales, Zephyr, Time Sprial, Oppressing Roar, Cauterizing Flame(asumeably only on succesfull despells), Breath of Eons, Spartial Paradox, Timeskip, Bestow Weyrnstone (and Tailswipe and Wing Buffet if they count)
or at least 12 Spells with some fringe cases.
This will lead to some wonky interactions of for example randomly using Oppressing Roar midfight just to get the buff up.
In short the trigger condition for this need to be looked at again!

Temporal Burst
This sounds like a fun talent, ramping haste, speed and cooldown speed all sound usefull in their own ways. I’m not sure how i feel about this beeing linked to Tip the Scales and especially to the casting of it.
This will lead to you pressing TTS about 10 second before you intend to actually consume the instant Empower spell alonside Breath of Eons for the strongest hastebuff durring your CD window.

Threads of Fate
A reskinned Fate Mirror, this ist just something that happens without you having any influence over it.

Master of Destiny/Golden Opportunity
Master of Destiny
The randomly spread buffs from Threads of Fate get enhanced from using empowers. This stacking is good, since Aug usually casts Empowers back to back. The 8 seconds of enhancement of a 15 second buff seem a bit odd/off. How will this will work in practice remains to be seen.
Golden Opportunity
Random resets on Prescience… I don’t like this… Augmentation is all about preplaning who you want to buff an when, throwing randomness into the target selection goes against everything the Spec trys to do. Any form of disruption durring a fight can be very frustating as is, throwing in randomness into the most important part of the Augmentation gameplay/-plan just feels/sound very wrong to me.
(what happens if you have 5 Prescience out? Will Ebon Migh just randomly choose who doesn’t get the buff?)

Reverberations
+30% Upheaval Damage as a dot. another tiny personal damage buff. (Roughly 0.2% - 0.5% gain)

Primacy
an actually reason to empower Upheaval to 2 (or rarely more)

Instability Matrix
Randomly reduced Empower cooldowns. While this isn’t a bad effect, this will even further decrease the value of secondary’s that aren’t Mastery (more empowers = more Shifting Sands which scale of Mastery).

Afterimage
Empowers passively cast 3 Chronoflames, which can grant essence burst.
A talent that says “Essence Burst” thus i must add my
Obligatory Hoarded Power rant:
Hoarded Power is the worst node on the Augmentation (and Devastation) Talent trees (design wise). Not only does it limit the power of the Essence spenders, it also decreases the value of any Essence cost reductions or Essence Burst granting talents. While at the same time dulling down the gameplay. Pressing the same button 4+ times in a row really isn’t exciting! PLEASE REMOVE THIS TALENT FROM BOTH TREES! (rebalance the specs around having slightly fewer but more impactful spenders)

Can you use the blink in place as you currently do hover?

A lot of the time I am pressing hover for future repositions but don’t need movement now.

I can definitely see a scenario where I’m in a safe zone, need the DR but anything within blink range that I can see (and make a split second decision about) is unsafe.

This would have to be the case for the talent to be valuable. A lot of hover usage is preemptive and used in place, I doubt they would make the spell decidedly worse but if so it’s likely to be fixed in the alpha/beta cycles.

I would imagine there’s alpha information on warp now, but I’ve only watched Scalecommander/flameshaper so far.

The trick with hover is not how much people use it, but using it situational.

E.g. in the Igira fight after the soak phase, where she is throwing fire pools all over the place. So you can continue casting while dodging the fire pools.
Without soak in that phase Evokers do either no DPS for around 15s or die in the fire.