Remove Wintersgrasp AND LITERALLY MOST OF THE COMMUNITY WOULD BE TEN TIMES HAPPIER.

I like wintergrasp the most of any BG ever in WoW, and when it was a server game. Tol Barad (when it was played) is a close second in my opinion.

2 Likes

You must be like me and played it since WOTLK and know what to do :stuck_out_tongue: /snickers

1 Like

Ya we used to have alot of fun. I played on Misha originally. Something that doesn’t happen in the BG version which happened frequently, at least on Misha, was 1 seige sneaking into the base since no one was watching that part of the base for a long time.

Some people try to do it still but since at least 2019 August (when I resumed WoW since 5 years off) I haven’t seen anyone be successful at it.

1 Like

I mean, I’ve had two wins in it out of like a literal handful of ques. ;-; Just, defenders have the advantage and offense is a coin toss.

1 Like

AV:

it would be nice if we replaced the horde towers with bunkers that equal the ally bunkers in physical model, but are horde themed. the towers cause a lot of issues with camera and fitment. full teamfights done inside a tower are so chaotic you can only play by UI.

Final bosses need a door in front of their room that doesn’t open until all 4 towers are destroyed.

IoC:

the map needs to be altered so that the hangar flag is a fair reach for both factions.

we need anti-aircraft cannons mounted on the towers and surface to air rockets (RPGG-7) to shoot down the airship, the airship need a recharge time like the siege engine.

WG:

SR and BT need to start neutral.

Game needs to end when D kills all 3 towers. the resource meter needs to be enabled. killing a tower, or breaching the outwall, inner wall, or maingate should drop 100 resources. the timer should be removed.

Ashranistan:

Horde mage needs the knockback effect removed.

put some flowers by ally side, return the game to 40v40 and 300 resources.

otherwise, remove it, ashran lacks a lot of key aspects that other maps have, this is due to the fact that the core of ashran was never meant to be a single bg. WG can get away with it because it was designed to be a bg every couple of hours, not just a zone. also, for an epic map, its small.

General:

it would be nice if we could have premade groups of up to 20 in epics. if you have 5/10 in a small bg, then 50% of 40 shouldn’t be an issue.

I would love to see the following added as epic maps or tested as epic brawls:

Tol Borad
Helfire Penninsula (resource domination, felreaver kills anyone)
Battle for Nazjatar
Classic Silithus ( The Silithyst Must Flow)

2 Likes

Changing the towers would unbalance the place real quick.

Nothing done to ashran? Why do you make these changes at all? Fairness should be the number 1 priority for BG changes.

yo chris K. Bring back classic ashran as a permanent pvp zone. Make wow great again!

Unfortunately, it seems like the PvP devs got laid off or something… this thread hasn’t gotten a blue response/post for almost a year now.

Hopefully one of the underlings over there is still keeping tabs on this thread and passing along all these suggestions/feedback to ion’s desk. Although, knowing ion’s focus on PvE, all this feedback will probably get buried/“bottom” priority under all the PvE stuff :rofl:

5 Likes

Vehicle damage against players is not the problem. Nor is vehicle damage against walls.

It’s that they have no HP.

A single twilight dev proc can kill both glaives.

1 Like

I found this buried deep in the garbage. I wonder what bliz has to say about the epic bgs now. These guys should have an achievement for the players who get 10 matches in a row already in progress and award them a rocking horse mount. This way the mount collectors get to feel part of the team and the other guys can rp in bgs with the new rocking horse mount while getting steam rolled. This would solve the complaints and everyone is happy.

Should have to need at least 100 honor levels for every month you necro a thread in the BG forums. Oh wait, your good. Carry on.

Afks been on a necro-spree with all these random bumps.

Anyways, I’m surprised this thread isn’t stickied. I took a peek over at the EU wow forums the other day (mostly out of boredom), and the “epic battlegrounds feedback” thread is stickied over there :thinking:

I quit doing epic battlegrounds because of Battle for Wintergrasp I would rather get killed by players then vehicles.

PVP-Player versus Player

1 Like

:clap:
add
Southshore vs Tarren Mill
to
the
rotation

3 Likes

Wintergrasp is awful. Basically whoever is on defense is going to win unless they’re seriously incompetent. Vehicles are simultaneously way too powerful against players and too weak against structures, and because of how the spawn locations work the attackers basically have to pick a point of entry because anything else just divides their attack to make things even easier for the defenders.

IoC isn’t bad, per say.

AV’s problem is that they’re still trying to reinvent the wheel when the map itself is fundamentally flawed.

Ashran is unimaginably awful. Routinely have to explain how the tower mages work, and you inevitably have people who will think there’s nothing wrong with grinding rep in a BG by farming mobs. And for some reason you get a quest to kill the enemy commander- even in games where one faction gets absolutely thrashed I’ve never see that happen since Ashran became a BG.

I beg to differ.

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Monkey-Puppet.jpg

mr. dev person,

It appears that 40v40 teamfight lag is much less noticeable post-prepatch, can you revert Ashran back to it’s original 40v40 format now?

Whatever you did that fixed it, it’s pretty much “problem solved” from the handful of matches I played/observed tonight.

25-man format is an abombination and has no place in the 40v40 epic bg rotation. Change it back, thank you.

2 Likes