So mr. dev person… how about that “add Southshore vs Tarren Mill to epic bgs” request we’ve been asking for?

It’s a good time for it now with all this “lockdown” business making the real world even more boring than it already was. Most places are closed other than grocery stores and gas stations :roll_eyes:

We need Southshore vs Tarren Mill, it’s a great way for us bg-goers to kill time while all this virus hysteria stuff blows over. We need good entertainment/distractions now more than ever during this tough time, and SS vs TM fits the bill perfectly :+1:

I can play Southshore vs Tarren Mill for hours, so much fun :yum: :drooling_face:

Baaah … SS versus TM is just a useless lag fest where you smash AoE till your fingers bleed .

Bring back the KR AV as a brawl and throw Ashran into the gutter

TM vs SS is trash and only ranged could really enjoy it.

I dont think you can complete the 40/300/300 daily during this event. you get the ‘something different’ weekly just by winning an event. and for each event you win there is a chance to get 25cp from the crate you are given.
This is just my observation. i cant find anything to confirm this.

I think KR AV should just outright replace the current “retail” version of AV, it definitely felt more “epic” with all the extra/added npcs. When I played KR AV I realized just how much stuff had been “pruned” from retail AV.

And of course, casuals loved KR AV judging by the very high participation rate.

Ashran is my favorite epic BG. It’s a huge team fight from start to finish and I love it. It’s like a better version of south shore vs tauren mill because it actually has comeback mechanics.

1 Like

Some things have to be changed though like the horde starting cave location if KR would replace the retail AV.
Resources should go in any case from retail , why have a time limit , let’s finish the game .

I’m a fan of Ashran as well… the pre-patch 8.2.5 version with 300 reinforcements.

Had many interesting/lengthy games when the reinforcements were still 300, also the summonable bosses (Fangraal/Kronus) actually played a role back then and saw action every match.

This new version with 150 reinforcements feels watered down. It’s even further watered down now with the reduced team size, 25v25 is just less fun than 40v40.

Damn casuals and their constant whining, they always ruin everything :man_facepalming:

To note, the Dented Ashmaul Strongboxes obtained from Classic Ashran are guaranteed 25 conquest, and contain either gold or 425 Aspirant’s gear. They can also be stockpiled for later use, I believe.

Currently one of my Hunters has over 120 boxes at the time of this post. That’s 3000 Conquest saved up.

Is that you, Karie? :stuck_out_tongue:

/wave

Wait when did they reduce the team size?

Like 2 weeks ago? It was a very very recent change.

They said it was “temporary” while they work on the lag issues (what casuals were complaining up a storm about on these forums).

That’s according to their blue/dev notes anyways. Who knows if they can “actually” do anything about the lag - because I see the same exact lag regularly happen in the other 40-man bgs.

I strongly suspect the lag is not “specific” to any one bg (as casuals claim with regards to Ashran), and is an underlying issue on their end/their servers.

1 Like

The lag should have been dealt with every time they added another effect. Going back now and fixing it in the end of an expansion is probably very difficult and not cost effect.

1 Like

It was nice to have a lead in trashcan last night. It was fun till lack of healers killed our flow.

I requeued as a healer to try and help but it was 3am and I had to log.

The new 25 man Ashran is crap, please revert to 40 man ASAP, and by revert, i mean the first EBG incarnation with 300 resources and tons of AE summons. the new 25 man one isn’t fun, like at all. if the map can’t run in a stable fashion, then it needs to be taken out of the rotation entirely until this is solved, not altered to the point where its not fun at all.

or you know, you could disable corruption entirely in pvp, then scale everyone to ilvl 460, and all the lag issues would go away.

1 Like

Brother, you took the words right out of my mouth :+1:

I miss the 300 reinforcements version too, was a lot more fun than this current “watered down” iteration.

Having the mini-bosses take part in the teamfights was fun, being able to stage a comeback (made possible by the longer games) was fun, seeing huuuge numbers on the bg charts was fun.

Yet another example of “casuals ruin everything they complain about” :-1:

How are any of these proposals considered engaging? All they do is prolong the same old boring format. More health to everything is stagnate and stale game play.

For AV -

1. How about add useable artillery stations for players?
  2. Gather resources to build walls/snares/pits to slow down the opposition?

For Isle of Conquest -

1. No one cares about Refinery and Quarry capping. The map incorporates vehicles. It’s nothing but a boring zergfest. How about making them useful by making them a requirement to activate vehicles and ammo to shoot? Then you have a purpose to fight for them. Vehicles are more important rather on CD respawn. Leads to longer game play.

2. Vehicles need to go back to the days of Strands of the Ancient where player’s health factored into the vehicles health. As it stands, vehicles get blown up by mobs. Also, what happen to the twin platforms on Demo’s for Rdps to help protect them? Things can be done to add more fun and player engagement here.

These things are interactive and feel more constructive for the individual while helping your side to win while slowing down opposition progression. Because MORE HEALTH FOR EVERYTHING solves problems and groups will MAGICALLY just play differently as a result.

This reads like it has been posted from someone that has just returned to the game and/or didn’t try these changes when they were implemented almost two years ago. When the changes were first introduced, both Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley played very differently to the matches you see today.

Unfortunately the scaling tech in AV is off - it’s functional but with corruption/essences/higher ilvls the NPCs haven’t kept up despite the scaling and the vehicles in IoC don’t scale so have been completely left in the dark making gameplay in IoC all about one node.

Other problems include deserter not being punishing, so you see people leave after 1 flag cap or 1 team fight loss.

At any rate, the changes were very positive (as you can see from posts earlier in the thread) - they just haven’t stood the test of time. No one wants artillery nor do we want to change the core functionality of AV. What you are asking for sounds like a completely different battleground.

each one offers a 15%damage increase for your vehicles, and they slowly regen resources which helps in a turtle.

nobody cares about them anymore because those aren’t compelling enough compared to Hangar+D. the airship doesn’t need quarry or refinery and you can take the players who would normally defend them and put them at your base to defend there or at hangar to defend there.

As far as I know, the only “known” counter to hangar is a FULL turtle with at least 33-34 people defending the courtyard + boss room. Simply stepping inside the building whenever the airship passes by. Horde pugs have been using this tactic a lot lately.

Ideally, a small offense force of 6-7 will be working on the enemy’s gate in the background.

But even an “all out” turtle is not perfect. By committing 30-35 of your people to turtle/defend the base, you effectively give up the rest of the map for free.

So if the hangar team is smart, they’ll back off and cap workshop + docks, then use the vehicles to overrun the courtyard. At this point the defenders can simply hole themselves up in the boss room and turtle there, but without a graveyard/spawn-point they will eventually get wiped.

1 Like