thats entirely the point of ebgs though. they are supposed to all be long.

1 Like

Maybe. But random casuals don’t see it that way though, judging by all the moaning and groaning I see in /i chat during Wintergrasp matches :joy: :rofl:

thats like a jewish vegan going to a pork bbq restaurant and complaining about the food. what did you expect?

perhaps the tooltip should be updated to state they they are intended to last up to an hour.

1 Like

Player vs wall for 45 minutes isn’t fun no matter how you slice it. Especially if you play a healer.

Theres strategy involved in AV and IOC and the tide of battles can be changed. WG you can feel a loss within the first couple minutes. Considering it usually takes at least 35+ minutes, knowing you’ll lose and being boring to boot is excruciating.

I keep getting backfilled into WG frequently and I automatically /afk out. Seems like its common. I think the people that genuinely like WG are the minority.

2 Likes

this weekend our horde team(defending) screwed up and split at the start, this allowed alliance to wipe out one team and get their kills early, this felt like a loss, however we rushed back and defended leaving minimal people south to kill towers, we won, despite wave after wave of siege trains.

also there are similarities when you compare your objectives, in AV you need to defend a flag in a bunker/tower for several minutes, that is no different than defending a seige engine for the time it takes to break down a wall.

i’ve watched a certain priest in a single game top damage, top healing, and top kbs with zero deaths in WG, there is fun to be had. ground troops also appreciate heals, if you don’t want to roast players with a vehicle, you can hop in a passenger seat on a demo and free cast heals all day.

The battleground is extremely unrewarding. Nothing matters except breaching the last gate.

Sure I could heal people running into a vehicle meat grinder, but it feels pointless. There’s not even reinforcements at stake.

I simply hate vehicles. IOC is borderline acceptable, WG is horrible.

2 Likes

then run regular bgs or arena. if all you want is CP, 2s is the most efficient way of farming it. you get 25 per win and the rating system is designed to settle you at 50% win rate no matter your skill level. so capping is only a matter of playing up to 40 2s matches.

ebgs are about map play and strategy, and there is plenty in WG.

I don’t care about conquest, I just enjoy having fun. AV is fun and IOC is pretty tolerable. WG is an instant leave for me though. There is nothing redeeming about it. 45 minutes of watching paint dry as far as I’m concerned.

They need to bring back blacklist, but if they did that WG would have an extremely hard time filling.

1 Like

whats the difference between getting 1 shotted by the siege engine in IoC and getting 1 shotted by rams or a team zerg in AV?

AV you can backcap towers, kill people so their reinforcement count goes down, skirmish with other players without getting mowed down by silly vehicles, control mines, wipe them at the leader, etc. The list can go on and on.

WG you are forced into one specific area where the defense can turtle. I don’t consider fighting vehicles pvp. Apparently you do.

2 Likes

AV games that end up being based on resources last about an hour, and it is not fun being GY farmed for 45 minutes straight. WG doesn’t have resources because it has a timer.

no you aren’t.

the vehicle is still piloted by a person who is trying to out think and out play you just as much as you are trying to do to them, how is that not pvp? you can think of a vehicle as a class, there are tactics for taking on a siege engine just like there are tactics for taking on a prot warrior.

1 Like

Implying that long AV games are only gy farms. I’ve been in a few long AV games lately and none of them have been AV farms. Its been a strategic exchange of graveyards and burning towers slowly.

WG you drive a vehicle into a meat grinder for 45 minutes.

Exactly. Its horrible. Who cares if I heal people? Dying doesn’t matter.

Really? Please tell me where this magical main gate is elsewhere on the map? Is there one in the north and the south?

Can I heal a vehicle? Can I cyclone a vehicle? Can I typhoon a vehicle off the edge? Sleep? Leap of Faith? Burn the vehicles mana?

1 Like

not at all, but they can be. and long games are the point of ebgs.

insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

learn to understand when heals are needed and when they aren’t. the player doing a kamikaze attack to take out siege engines doesn’t need healing, the player getting shot by a hunter while they kill a demo does.

strategy is what the map is about, i know what to do but i won’t give you the answer, figure it out on your own.

no but i can, not very much, but engineers still have the item to repair vehicles i think.

you could barely do that to half the classes in the game as it is, use appropriate tactics.

Valarien on fire today, all excellent points :+1: :+1:

@ inemia, how do you explain all the people afking out in the “pre game” first 2 minutes of a Wintergrasp… before the match even starts??

You rarely see people do the same in AV or IoC, people might afk out later on when the match starts going south… but rarely in the very first 15-20 seconds, before the starting gate even opens (like happens all the time in WG) :thinking:

Long AV games happen, but they can be and usually are fun. Theres nothing fun about WG. Its just long.

Riiiiight, lets switch it up and attack the…boss? Oh wait just kidding, its attack walls. Maybe from the left, maybe from the right, maybe from the front. But its attacking walls.

How thrilling.

Whats hard to understand? Kill towers to reduce timer. Cap workshops. Attack walls. Turtle on defense.

Lets all become engineers and heal the vehicles for piddly amounts while they basically get 2 shot anyway. /s

You can outplay classes. Force trinkets, cooldowns, positioning, etc. Killing a vehicle is mindless, theres no such thing as ‘tactics’. Toss a dot or a slow on it. How fun.

1 Like

how do you explain all the people who demanded WG be added to the ebg queue.

i have a blast every time, it easily the most fun i’ve had this season.

boss, wall, its still just a HP pool your team needs to bring down while the other team tries to stop you.

if it’s so easy, go win.

stop letting people shoot them with rockets. if you spent half as much time learning the bg as you do crying about it, you would be winning and having fun.

you kill a cat by slowing it and staying behind it to avoid the flamethrower. that is a tactic my dude.

1 Like

I think people were expecting something different to be honest :thinking:

Common complaints on here seem to be things like “it just doesn’t feel like the original Wintergrasp” or “it just doesn’t feel the same”. Seems the experience just does not “match” the original Wintergrasp, so a lot of players are understandably disappointed.

you don’t want the original WG experience, trust me. the “original experience” was the dominant server faction GY farming the other faction for 20 minutes every 2 1/2 hours.