The pacing feels much better now, but I think there a few issues with AV still.

I feel like 4 minutes to get a tower is a bit short. I think raising it to 5 minutes would be better because it'd give the defenders some time to group up, and form an actual counter attack, instead of having to zerg it due to lack of time.

Another issue I have is the lack of importance of many NPCs. For example, no one ever bothers with the wing commanders, or the wolf riders anymore. They just aren't worth the effort compared to the little gain you get from having them. I'd like to see these events have a bigger impact on the battlefield again.
3 Likes
Bring back mine fields.
bring back the troll elites.
Bring back everything.
5 Likes
I 2nd the opinion listed on page 1 that AV needs a quick on screen guide or something for players that weren't around in classic. The battle is too short for someone to go spend time talking to NPCS and trying to figure out what dropped items do what. Giving a quick reference or tutorial while waiting in the cave would be a great help to let people know what options are available.
2 Likes
Isle of Conquest
Increased the health of the walls significantly.
plz no. they took too long to kill before. I dont want 1 hour games.

focus more on reducing the time needed to complete the battleground and balancing map objectives

AV
timers on towers at 5 minutes are probably too long.
3-4 could be better

General

Games [can] last too long and give less reward than winning normal battlegrounds.
07/27/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Artanu
07/27/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Dustyy

That's gonna make these turtles even more endless though.

Thats the point of epic battlegrounds.

Nothing is epic about a body grind at TP. That isn't the point.
The reason I stopped playing these the last few expansions was because of the turtles. Is that any better? Just unavoidable for this style? I love both of these battlegrounds, but I have rarely had less fun than when it turns into a 50 minute turtle game.
Need to fix the Horde mine in AV. At times horde will not be able to cap.

In AV Perhaps change the trinket into just a useable item? Or add NPCs at key points for turn in for the summons
1 Like
07/27/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Lileath
how about changing the maps????
perhaps not for the isle but definitely for AV.
its always been debated that is more optimal for the alliance and I think the perfect map has already been developed by the Heroes of the storm team. a Flat Mirror.

Please consider it.

Have you played AV at all in the last week?

I am now 0-17 since last Friday. That is not hyperbole or an exaggeration. Every single game is an absolute beatdown for Alliance. Its all the Alliance's fault, since we can't seem to stop following a failed strategy, but it will probably take months for players to adapt.
If you're going to make them take longer to finish, then they should reward more honor. Time spent really hasn't been at the appropriate values when I could do 2 normal BGs in the same amount of time or even less and get more honor than a single epic BG.
While these are some nice changes to AV, to me the main problem still remains: It's still a Initial D race to the main enemy base instead of a fight. If i were to offer some feed back I would take a look at Alterac Pass from heroes of the storm and learn from there. This would be some of mine.

- Every 30 seconds the towers would spawn Infantry and walk down a pre-routed path to the enemy base. You can use the Supplies from mines quest to upgrade your troops making them stronger. Once a tower is destroyed they can no longer spawn troops.

- Both Dun Balder bunkers and Frostwolf Towers are immune to cap until the 2 forward bunkers are destroyed. Sorta forces people to push as a group instead of rush galv, cap towers and straight for boss.

- The Calvary would be changed: Once in a while you will see prisoners (one alliance and one horde) on your minimap similar to that of Alterac Pass. Once you free them the next tower spawn will have a calvary unit with them. These units buff the infantry units and provide a small buff to allies as well.
1 Like
*Gasp, I'm excited.
You want the matches lasting longer? Ok, that's fine, but you have to significantly increase the honor earned from spending an hour+ of your time inside of them. I won't touch them again until you do. Isn't worth it ATM.
Thank you Blizzard these changes in these battlegrounds are what I've been dreaming for for years! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!!

My only question is, can you allow Archers in the bunkers/tower in AV respawn after they have been killed or you recapture a bunkers/tower? It seems harsh that they really beef up the defense of that area. But once they're gone, they are gone forever.

I totally understand this choice as well, I'm just throwing it out there.

But again amazing job with everything. I'm loving the heck out of Random Epics Battlegrounds!
2 Likes
07/27/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Felrane
Need to fix the Horde mine in AV. At times horde will not be able to cap.

In AV Perhaps change the trinket into just a useable item? Or add NPCs at key points for turn in for the summons

I was thinking it'd be useful to have an unkillable npc at the Graveyards to hand in items. They would despawn when the enemy takes the graveyard and then their faction npc would spawn in.

But that's probably a lot of work for Blizzard which I understand.
Make it so you cannot contest towers or bunkers if you don't have their respective graveyard owned. Ie. Can't contest the Dun Baldar Bunkers if you don't have SP GY, Can't contest frostwolf towers if you don't own FW GY, Can't contest Iceblood tower if Galvanger is alive, etc.
07/27/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Maxed
You want the matches lasting longer? Ok, that's fine, but you have to significantly increase the honor earned from spending an hour+ of your time inside of them. I won't touch them again until you do. Isn't worth it ATM.

I agree. The honor gains need to be higher for it to feel worth it.
Game 1 AV:
- Alliance only had 23 players at one point compared to Horde's 40. We easily crushed them. They eventually reinforced back to 40, but the damage was done.
- Mobs had a good amount of health; seasoned defenders had more health than my Warlock.
- I got beat up by a couple of rams while chasing a druid. It is good that I can't ignore them so easily.
- ACTUAL pvp was happening
- We reinforce defeated them, Van did not die.
- Top Horde earned 1000 Honor in a 34 min game. Efficient?

I was a backfill about 23 mins in
I welcome those changes and anything you can do to bring back the feeling of the original AV.

I want to suggest rising the rate at which mines add reinforcements.. to make them actually matter.
Please add guards every 2 steps to IOC that 1 shot you so that you have people defending. Also make all the objectives actually worth doing, right now you just zerg rush the base by parachuting in and spam bombs and it's not worth defending, i dunno. I actually can't have fun in IOC because the map is too small and too zerged and PvE focused while AV has actual huge fights all the time.
I appreciate the increased duration of AV, and to preface this comment I have yet to try these changes in-game -- but I really do wish you'd just give us old AV with infinite reinforcements and bunker bosses so that people could have the true AV experience again, even if this queue was a separate mode. Blizzard has spent far too long and far too many resources on trying to replicate the experience elsewhere (Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, Ashran) when they had it right the first time. While these changes show that you guys are kinda realizing that, we're apparently still a ways off from just reverting AV and THEN improving on it.
1 Like